NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Some quotes from that Marco Pappa.

http://www.goal.com/es/news/21/fichajes/2011/07/08/2566510/exclusiva-mercado-me-gustar%C3%ADa-más-jugar-en-españa-confiesa-marco-

Villarreal and Newcastle are two of the clubs to have made firm offers to take the talented midfielder, and Guatemala's number 16 has stated that La Liga would be his preference meaning the Yellow Submarine would be in pole position.

"For the quality of La Liga, I would prefer Spain, but I think any league in the world would be good for me. I hope it's not all rumours, but I will continue to work and take things step-by-step".  

Really?

What's the point?

To save money of course and in the same time to imitate some transfer action...

How would it save money?

In the form of not paying any money [if a straight swap as suggested], attracting a player and releasing one. Thus, no transfer fee, offsetting wages and showing the fans that they are working on new recruits. Outcome: Same numbers, no outlay.

So they can say that they've attracted a new body, but in fact it's a freebie [sort of]. Most probably, Rout's wages are higher than these of McWhatever guy.

How would it offset wages? This lad will probably want more than Routledge is on.

McGugan wouldn't make our first Xl. In fact, he wouldn't make the bench if we were to get another couple of atttacking players in. I'd rather take a couple of million from Routledge's sale and put it towards a player we do need.

Some quotes from that Marco Pappa.

http://www.goal.com/es/news/21/fichajes/2011/07/08/2566510/exclusiva-mercado-me-gustar%C3%ADa-más-jugar-en-españa-confiesa-marco-

Villarreal and Newcastle are two of the clubs to have made firm offers to take the talented midfielder, and Guatemala's number 16 has stated that La Liga would be his preference meaning the Yellow Submarine would be in pole position.

"For the quality of La Liga, I would prefer Spain, but I think any league in the world would be good for me. I hope it's not all rumours, but I will continue to work and take things step-by-step". 

Really?

Was supposed to be coming here for a trial wasn't he? That was hearsay I guess.

Making myself impartial I could see that Spain would be an easier choice, much more time on the ball, easier to adapt from the MLS, decent climate, wedge load of money. Not sure I agree on the quality, but to each their own.

Star today claiming us and Spurs have been watching Ante Vukusic from Hadjuk Split. Dispite clearly being bollocks he is young, highly rated and reasonably cheap at €5m.........

Edit: After an extensive 3 minute scouting mission on YT he looks a canny player, not sure where the Star's 'next Modric' link comes from given hes a goalscoring striker based on that  :undecided:

He is the biggest talent in Hajduk Split since Darijo Srna in last 10 years. I think he will  be  top player, he is  similar type of player like Ivica Olic.

If this is true which it almost certainly isn't. (surely would have packaged Rout in for straight or with cash swap)

McGugan in Guthrie out imo

I wouldn't ever rule this kind of signing out though. The powers that be have shown they will pick up a decent deal (Naylor, Gosling) if its on the table and the player has:

a) potential b) is below the age of 23 c) will make the club money in the future.

Whether we need him in terms of position doesn't always matter, ie Gosling.

Guest BooBoo

Seen Alan Pardew in my mates resturant other night said possible signings next week, fingers crossed.

Did he order the creme brûlée?

Guest Roger Kint

Star today claiming us and Spurs have been watching Ante Vukusic from Hadjuk Split. Dispite clearly being bollocks he is young, highly rated and reasonably cheap at €5m.........

Edit: After an extensive 3 minute scouting mission on YT he looks a canny player, not sure where the Star's 'next Modric' link comes from given hes a goalscoring striker based on that  :undecided:

He is the biggest talent in Hajduk Split since Darijo Srna in last 10 years. I think he will  be  top player, he is  similar type of player like Ivica Olic.

Strangely enough Olic was what i thought wtching him, watched a few more vids of him and he does look to have enough to do well in a good team. No doubt a German/Italian side tho

Guest Roger Kint

Seen Alan Pardew in my mates resturant other night said possible signings next week, fingers crossed.

Did he order the creme brûlée?

Typical you neaderthal, clearly was Poire belle Hélène........

Guest Roger Kint

What the hell is a neaderthal?

aye slight mistake, glad you didnt take it serious