NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest bimpy474

I remember I was creaming my pants regularly in the summer 2003 just thinking about Beattie in our team. Shearer mkII if I ever saw one.

Be more like having Ned Beattie in the team if we signed him now.

I remember I was creaming my pants regularly in the summer 2003 just thinking about Beattie in our team. Shearer mkII if I ever saw one.

Probably, shearer mark 2? never been that good. His hayday was about 8 years ago as well.

Guest bimpy474

Probably, shearer mark 2? never been that good. His hayday was about 8 years ago as well.

Aye and Shearer was like Usain Bolt compared to Beattie for pace as well.

Guest johnson293

If we were gonna go for any of the free agent forwards, I'd prefer James McFadden, though I'm not sure if he's really an upgrade on any of our current first team forwards. But at least he's 28 compared to Beattie, whos 33 now.

Guest bimpy474

If we were gonna go for any of the free agent forwards, I'd prefer James McFadden, though I'm not sure if he's really an upgrade on any of our current first team forwards. But at least he's 28 compared to Beattie, whos 33 now.

I'd rather we used Sammy or Haris, any player brought in now just blocks their path, seeing as if fit it'll be Best, Ameobi, Ba as the target man, much rather see Ben Arfa, Sammy (use him left and put Jonas off the front man) or Haris as the player buzzing around them.

Lovenhands ignored obviously as he is lovelypants now.

McFadden had a spell of being pretty good not that far back. Wouldn't happen but if we could sign him saying "look, you don't look to have many options so at least you can earn *Insert low wage here* and will be an extreme emergency back up but It's better than nothing" it might be worth a chance. I reckon he would be a better option than Loven who has already had too many chances this season.

Would play Sammy and Vuckic ahead of him mind, McFadden can play a few positions too can't he?

This is not to say we should enter the free transfer market (because I don't think we should) but those saying we should give Sammy a go should remember that he's currently behind Ba, HBA, Ameobi, Best, Lovenkrands and probably Vuckic. Next to little chance we'll see him with eveyone fit :undecided:

At the minute though, he's behind Ba, Best and Lovenkrands, because the others on that list are injured.

When/if we sign a striker, and those players return to fitness, Sammy could do with a loan somewhere.

Carroll was behind Owen, Martins, Viduka and Ameobi. It was good fortune for us that Carroll rose to the challenge in the Championship. It's annoying that we didn't sign another new striker but hopefully Sami or Vučkić will 'do a Carroll' for us this season. Hopefully Ba and Best will do well too!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rob 1988

Newcastle readying offer for highly-rated Dundee United midfielder Allan

Newcastle are on alert after Dundee United midfielder Scott Allan rejected a new contract offer.

Allan, 19, has only played three SPL games but has impressed playing for Scotland at Under 21 level.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2040752/Newcastle-want-Scott-Allan-Dundee-United.html