NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Other players linked with moves away include Cheik Tiote, Yohan Cabaye, Tim Krul, and Fabricio Coloccini.

so basically any player that is doing well for us

Pretty obvious the media's all-out assault on us this transfer window. We're easy bait having let go of Carroll on the last day last season, and talk of us being a selling club has become cliche and common place. Easy work for the journo scum. Plus there's the element who are jealous of our progress this season, and the fact that we've actually pulled off some decent results and ruffled a few feathers.

They can all go fuck themselves.

Ashley must know that the chance of use getting into Europe this season is high, and he will make quite a bit of money if we do

To be honest there's really not that much money in the Europa League, I don't think that would be a massive concern. May help attract a slightly better standard of player but would be surprised if he pushed on further just for that. Personally I'd bloody love a European run.

Guest Roger Kint

Ashley must know that the chance of use getting into Europe this season is high, and he will make quite a bit of money if we do

To be honest there's really not that much money in the Europa League, I don't think that would be a massive concern. May help attract a slightly better standard of player but would be surprised if he pushed on further just for that. Personally I'd bloody love a European run.

If we got 30000 crowds @ £10 a ticket it suggest theres more money than you think in it. Nigh on guaranteed about 5 home games before we inevitably bow out and its easy cash for Ashley tbh and thats before taking grub/drink into account.

I know that it's the natural way of things that good players will one way or another end up at the best clubs more often than not. But what I hate about it is the way the media seems to actively encourage the pursuit of Club X, Y or Z's good players from the "better" clubs. They're obsessed with the rhetoric of Man Utd or any other "big" team have the automatic right to just nab any good player from a club who seem to be doing well, or have a player which is perceived to have a greater quality than the rest of the squad.

The Redknapp incident, for me, encapsulates what I mean. Whatever the details of it, it's this witchunt now that has come about for Ba. Who's he going to? Spurs? Liverpool? Look at him doing well - BIG CLUB MUST GET HIM!

That combined with agents increasingly dominating the game with their cretinous, money-grabbing ways and it's everything that's wrong with the game. The whole thing stinks.

I would have thought...our first season back in Europe would have a full house for each game? Even against little outback teams.

More exposure for his Sports Direct brand if we are in Europe, surely any new sponsorship deals would demand high fee's, more TV revenue also.

I can't see Ba going, or Cabaye.

Ashley sold Carroll for £35m.  That's probably twice to three times what he would really have been worth.

Ashley clearly had an agenda getting rid of Barton and Nolan, and Enrique clearly wanted out with less than a year left on his contract.

Ba and Cabaye are brand new, they seem happy.  They're not causing trouble in the dressing room.  They're both worth about £15m IMO.  I can't see Ashley selling for less than £30m on either of them. 

Ashley will sell, but I think he has more sense than to sell on the cheap.  If one thing matters to Mike, it's money.

EDIT:  I know Ba has a release clause, but I assume we'll be drawing up a new contract for him to rectify that now.

I know that it's the natural way of things that good players will one way or another end up at the best clubs more often than not. But what I hate about it is the way the media seems to actively encourage the pursuit of Club X, Y or Z's good players from the "better" clubs. They're obsessed with the rhetoric of Man Utd or any other "big" team have the automatic right to just nab any good player from a club who seem to be doing well, or have a player which is perceived to have a greater quality than the rest of the squad.

The Redknapp incident, for me, encapsulates what I mean. Whatever the details of it, it's this witchunt now that has come about for Ba. Who's he going to? Spurs? Liverpool? Look at him doing well - BIG CLUB MUST GET HIM!

That combined with agents increasingly dominating the game with their cretinous, money-grabbing ways and it's everything that's wrong with the game. The whole thing stinks.

Pathetic mindset isnt it, I'd much rather have a more competitive league.

Ashley sold Carroll for £35m.  That's probably twice to three times what he would really have been worth.

Ashley clearly had an agenda getting rid of Barton and Nolan, and Enrique clearly wanted out with less than a year left on his contract.

Ba and Cabaye are brand new, they seem happy.  They're not causing trouble in the dressing room.  They're both worth about £15m IMO.  I can't see Ashley selling for less than £30m on either of them. 

Ashley will sell, but I think he has more sense than to sell on the cheap.  If one thing matters to Mike, it's money.

EDIT:  I know Ba has a release clause, but I assume we'll be drawing up a new contract for him to rectify that now.

Hope you're right. :thup:

Quoted yesterday by Canal+ saying he wants to stay and fight for his place.

Erdinç, what a fool :lol:

No starts and 12 sub appearances in the league.

Looks like he'll be wasting his career if he stays at PSG. The lad needs a move if he want to progress. Like someone has said, it's looking like he's the French-Turkish equivalent of Alan Smith :lol:

Hope you're right. :thup:

Yep, bang on. This perception that everyone is available for two quid is wrong. Well apart from demba.  :lol:

Guest MrSundlofer

Looks like he'll be wasting his career if he stays at PSG. The lad needs a move if he want to progress. Like someone has said, it's looking like he's the French-Turkish equivalent of Alan Smith :lol:

:idiot2:

What a fool? Really?

Have you seen any French football this season?

During his last two seasons he has started 59 games in the league for PSG... this season they bought Kevin Gameiro and he has started ALL games in the league. He's one of their key players in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Erdinç is the second choice striker at the club. If Gameiro gets injured Erdinç will start upfront.

PSG are building something big over there and he wants to be a part of it and fight for a place in the team. Isn't that the sort of players you want in your team? Yes.

If PSG signs Kaka... Pato or Ba in the summer he will probably move on.

He has the chance to stay at PSG to the end of the season and will probably win the league with the club and people are calling him a fool...  :hmm:

He's also a fan of his club.

What a fool? Really?

During his last two seasons he has started 59 games in the league for PSG... this season they bought Kevin Gameiro and he has started ALL games in the league. He's one of their key players in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Erdinç is the second choice striker at the club. If Gameiro gets injured Erdinç will start upfront.

PSG are building something big over there and he wants to be a part of it and fight for a place in the team. Isn't that the sort of players you want in your team? Yes.

He has the chance to stay at PSG to the end of the season and will probably win the league with the club and people are calling him a fool...  :hmm:

Michael owen wins titles pal.

What a fool? Really?

Okay, admittedly no, I haven't seen much of Ligue 1 this season. Yes, from my understanding, Erdinç was the main man and had a good goalscoring record these last couple of seasons or so at PSG - I'm not disputing that. But from what I know, as soon as Gameiro came along, it all went a bit pearshaped for Erdinç really.

Also, from what was written by the French posters in the summer, sounds like Erdinç has really been out of form and he was starting to get a bit of stick from the PSG fans as a result.

Though atm, if he's not getting into the team, I can't see how he'll progress. I'll hold my hands up if I've made a big error in judgement here.

Guest MrSundlofer

What a fool? Really?

Okay, admittedly no, I haven't seen much of Ligue 1 this season. Yes, from my understanding, Erdinç was the main man and had a good goalscoring record these last couple of seasons or so at PSG - I'm not disputing that. But from what I know, as soon as Gameiro came along, it all went a bit pearshaped for Erdinç really.

Also, from what was written by the French posters in the summer, sounds like Erdinç has really been out of form and he was starting to get a bit of stick from the PSG fans as a result.

Though atm, if he's not getting into the team, I can't see how he'll progress. I'll hold my hands up if I've made a big error in judgement here.

The reason he's not getting into the team is Kevin Gameiro. But he wants to stay and fight for a place in the team. Can't see anything wrong with that. He kind of rejected offers from Newcastle and Galatasaray in the summer to stay at the clubs he loves. And his family lives in the country.

I have no idea why you say he can't progress. I mean, he's not fifth choice! When Gameiro gets injured or is out of form he will get his chance.

It's ridiculous to try to comment about players if you don't know their situation. Do you know the situation at PSG? If Erdinç has decided to stay at PSG this season - I would say it's a good decision - and it's embarrassing to call him "a fool" just because some French posters writes on a forum in the summer that he's been out of form. He started this season good and was rewarded with a contract extension.

Nothing personal Sifu, but it's frustrating see people writing about something they really don't know much about.

What a fool? Really?

exactly, good post,

was steve harper, an alan smith wannabe when he sat on the bench playing second fiddle to shay given for how many seasons?

What a fool? Really?

The reason he's not getting into the team is Kevin Gameiro. But he wants to stay and fight for a place in the team. Can't see anything wrong with that. He kind of rejected offers from Newcastle and Galatasaray in the summer to stay at the clubs he loves. And his family lives in the country.

I have no idea why you say he can't progress. I mean, he's not fifth choice! When Gameiro gets injured or is out of form he will get his chance.

It's ridiculous to try to comment about players if you don't know their situation. Do you know the situation at PSG? If Erdinç has decided to stay at PSG this season - I would say it's a good decision - and it's embarrassing to call him "a fool" just because some French posters writes on a forum in the summer that he's been out of form. He started this season good and was rewarded with a contract extension.

Nothing personal Sifu, but it's frustrating see people writing about something they really don't know much about.

Well, looks like I've indeed made a big error in judgement here so I will hold my hands up. I guess PSG are a club in progression now, what with all the investment and all that so it would be understandable why Erdinç would want to stay. Just think his talent is being a bit wasted being on the bench (essentially waiting for Gameiro to get injured/lose a lot of form).

:clap: 100% spot on.