Steven Taylor back soon

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor’s contract is due to expire at the end of the 2010/11 season and the defender said: “Hopefully, it’ll get sorted. I’ve got a year left on my contract, and my agent’s in talks with the club.

“I’ve left it to him – that’s the best thing for me, as I just want to play football. That’s all I’m focused on.”

Taylor’s contract is due to expire at the end of the 2010/11 season and the defender said: “Hopefully, it’ll get sorted. I’ve got a year left on my contract, and my agent’s in talks with the club.

“I’ve left it to him – that’s the best thing for me, as I just want to play football. That’s all I’m focused on.”

Could be read as 'I don't care where I play'...

Could be read as 'I don't care where I play'...

could be read that way, as it could be when any player says my agent is in talks with the club about an extension.

couldn't be "looking for any possible angle to make it look bad" by any chance ?

“What I can say about it is ‘Don’t believe everything you’ve read and heard’,” Taylor told The Journal. “We have a fantastic team bond and everyone is happy. I’ve not got a problem with anyone at the football club.

“People reading all of that stuff about me and Andy were probably amazed to see us standing together on the podium at the end of the season, but we’ve got a great understanding. There’s a fantastic team spirit at Newcastle United and no one wants to put that under threat.”

"a great understanding"

"Go anywhere near her again and I'll fuck you"

“What I can say about it is ‘Don’t believe everything you’ve read and heard’,” Taylor told The Journal

Looked like a shoulder injury when i saw it on SSN.

regarding the contract talks etc but if he's a big Newcastle fan like he says he is what is there to talk about,  if i was him (and i'm guessing most of you) and in his shoes,  you've grown up with the dream of playing for Newcastle (and England),  you make it and establish yourself in the team, living the dream so to speak and are financially secure before your 25 on wages of 25-30k a week.

I wouldn't be needing an agent or even to have talks,  i'd just say give me another 5 years.

regarding the contract talks etc but if he's a big Newcastle fan like he says he is what is there to talk about,  if i was him (and i'm guessing most of you) and in his shoes,  you've grown up with the dream of playing for Newcastle (and England),  you make it and establish yourself in the team, living the dream so to speak and are financially secure before your 25 on wages of 25-30k a week.

I wouldn't be needing an agent or even to have talks,  i'd just say give me another 5 years.

I wouldn't.  I'd look at what those around me were earning (particularly someone who contributes nothing like Smith, not to mention the rest of the back four) and decide what I thought I was worth.  Being local has fuck all to do with anything, being English probably means he can probably command higher wages.

Either way, he has to sign this summer or we have to sell him. Not particularly arsed if he stays or goes but he can't be allowed to walk away for nothing next year.

That would be incompetence of the highest order on behalf of the fuckwits running the gaff atm.

Either way, he has to sign this summer or we have to sell him. Not particularly arsed if he stays or goes but he can't be allowed to walk away for nothing next year.

That would be incompetence of the highest order on behalf of the fuckwits running the gaff atm.

Of those 3 options I know which is most likely. :undecided:

I wouldn't.  I'd look at what those around me were earning (particularly someone who contributes nothing like Smith, not to mention the rest of the back four) and decide what I thought I was worth.  Being local has fuck all to do with anything, being English probably means he can probably command higher wages.

Being English doesn't mean he's worth it though unless he wants to do a Sol Campbell and sell himself to the highest bidder. He's fucking shit in reality.

Guest BooBoo

Where did the whole "Taylor is bloody awful" hype come from? He's not a world beater but he's a lower Premier League standard defender who always gives his all for us. I dont think he deserves all the flack he gets.

Where did the whole "Taylor is bloody awful" hype come from? He's not a world beater but he's a lower Premier League standard defender who always gives his all for us. I dont think he deserves all the flack he gets.

He points a lot, throws his shirt into the crowd and puffs his chest up.

Plus some of the media overhype him a little so naturally we have to even it out a bit.

Er, the little wanker.

I rate Taylor, i think it would be a shame to see him leave. I hope his shoulder injury isn't too serious, as we need competition for places next season.

I suspect he might be a bit of a prick but that ,sadly, is part of the game, it's unrealistic to have only nice guys in the squad. Good teams learn to harness the attitudes in their squads.

Was it definitely a shoulder injury? I saw him coming off on SSN and he was holding his fingers, the physio came over to him and started playing with his fingers. Didn't seem too concerned with hi shoulder.

Was it definitely a shoulder injury? I saw him coming off on SSN and he was holding his fingers, the physio came over to him and started playing with his fingers. Didn't seem too concerned with hi shoulder.

Hughton's quotes seem to suggest shoulder. Don't they feel for shoulder nerves through the fingers? (Disclaimer) I know fuck all about Physiotherapy like.

No idea, sorry haven't seen Hughton's quotes was just going off the brief clip I saw on SSN where he looked to be pissing about with his fingers and wasn't making any suggestions his shoulder was hurting. It was a brief clip though as I say.