World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

On a seperate note he's dropped Benzema after having a poor season but kept Henry & Gignac in. If France had a decent manager I'd fancy them as darkhorses but with Domenech in charge i'd not be suprised if they didn't get out the groups. Not taking Mexes seems odd n all.

Domenech makes him team selections based on tarrot cards and horoscopes. The man is clearly a sandwich short of a picnic and is really running Maradona close in the looney stakes.

Could the FFF not afford to get rid or something then? Surely they can see he is toss, his players have spoken out previously and I'm sure he got a 20% confidence vote in L'Equipe or something earlier in the season.

Not sure he is as mental as Diego though. I eagerly await his antics next month.

Just seen that new England song. Which idiot thought it would be a bright idea for an admitted homosexual and a transvestite to record a song about England's world cup ambitions? Fuck off.

No official song so people can do what they like. Should just update or re-release World in Motion.

On a seperate note he's dropped Benzema after having a poor season but kept Henry & Gignac in. If France had a decent manager I'd fancy them as darkhorses but with Domenech in charge i'd not be suprised if they didn't get out the groups. Not taking Mexes seems odd n all.

Domenech makes him team selections based on tarrot cards and horoscopes. The man is clearly a sandwich short of a picnic and is really running Maradona close in the looney stakes.

Could the FFF not afford to get rid or something then? Surely they can see he is toss, his players have spoken out previously and I'm sure he got a 20% confidence vote in L'Equipe or something earlier in the season.

Not sure he is as mental as Diego though. I eagerly await his antics next month.

Who knows to be honest, I guess they feel they have to give him the chance considering he did take them to a World Cup final last time out...

Thank god they didn't win it that year, to think he could have gone down in history as a World Cup winning manager.

And? It makes no sense. The target market surely aren't going to go for this rubbish.

People are thick of course they will. Look at how well all them twats on BGT, Xfactor, Big Bro etc. do every year.

somewhat funny football story written by a non-native english speaker:

World Cup 2010

One day, it was Africa!

Cactus to grow all over desert, and many of filling desert.

But suddenly, the Cactus got bored of sand deserts, and made a moving away into America!

"Hooray!" say Switzerland, as it land on the desert, "Now there are more space for the making buildings!"

And Switzerland to make a Football Stadium, when suddenly Africa and say, "I do no like you build your stadium over my lands!"

But suddenly Cactus to come back and attack on Africa, and Africa makes runnings away.

Switzerland made sending invitation to all countries and they come to Stadium and make a playing ball!

America was sadly as he cannot this kind of football.

"I do not like your kind of football, badly Europes," say America, as the Englands makes a kicking ball and an attach itself to America.

"No Englands I do not want you as a state" and America makes a pushing Englands off.

"But who wins gets shiny trophy!" shout Switzerland, hold the trophy.

"I can shine the GOLD!" say Trophy, and all countries made amaze at the trophy.

America was convince and made playing ball with them also.

"I want win trophy," say Germany, and they all make a kick of ball.

But suddenly, Italy inserts its boot into the football and the football makes deflation!

"Of deflation the ball!" say Italy, as all the other countries made a hitting Italy.

"But of the only ONE FOOTBALL?" shouting Switzerland, "Now I have to make a cancel World Cup!"

The Football Stadium was very annoy at this.

"But then you have no use for ME! You cannot discard me!" scream Stadium, as the Stadium makes a self destruct and blow up the world.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5849885/1/World_Cup_2010

somewhat funny football story written by a non-native english speaker:

World Cup 2010

One day, it was Africa!

Cactus to grow all over desert, and many of filling desert.

But suddenly, the Cactus got bored of sand deserts, and made a moving away into America!

"Hooray!" say Switzerland, as it land on the desert, "Now there are more space for the making buildings!"

And Switzerland to make a Football Stadium, when suddenly Africa and say, "I do no like you build your stadium over my lands!"

But suddenly Cactus to come back and attack on Africa, and Africa makes runnings away.

Switzerland made sending invitation to all countries and they come to Stadium and make a playing ball!

America was sadly as he cannot this kind of football.

"I do not like your kind of football, badly Europes," say America, as the Englands makes a kicking ball and an attach itself to America.

"No Englands I do not want you as a state" and America makes a pushing Englands off.

"But who wins gets shiny trophy!" shout Switzerland, hold the trophy.

"I can shine the GOLD!" say Trophy, and all countries made amaze at the trophy.

America was convince and made playing ball with them also.

"I want win trophy," say Germany, and they all make a kick of ball.

But suddenly, Italy inserts its boot into the football and the football makes deflation!

"Of deflation the ball!" say Italy, as all the other countries made a hitting Italy.

"But of the only ONE FOOTBALL?" shouting Switzerland, "Now I have to make a cancel World Cup!"

The Football Stadium was very annoy at this.

"But then you have no use for ME! You cannot discard me!" scream Stadium, as the Stadium makes a self destruct and blow up the world.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5849885/1/World_Cup_2010

What am I supposed to find funny exactly?

Not a patch on the first two. Baddiel's improved his singing a bit though. They should have all done it auto-tuned for a laugh, may have seemed more relevant to everything else on the radio.

Penalty Feints banned ahead of world cup.

Penalty-takers will no longer be allowed to halt at the end of their run-ups to try to fool the goalkeeper.

The International Football Association Board has decided it is "unsporting behaviour" and made it a yellow card offence in time for the World Cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8690435.stm

About time.

Guest palnese

Penalty-takers will no longer be allowed to halt at the end of their run-ups to try to fool the goalkeeper.

The International Football Association Board has decided it is "unsporting behaviour" and made it a yellow card offence in time for the World Cup.

Keepers to be booked if they move off their line before the shot is taken.

Changing the rules just before the game's most important competition has never made any sense to me.

I think the fact it's the most important competition is the reason why it makes so much sense. It's hardly a wholesale change of rules. Now everyone will see what FIFA deem to be the official rule on a certain aspect of the game, on the world's greatest footballing stage.

Hate the whole penalty feinting thing. If anybody has ever watched South American football on a regular basis, particularly Brazilian, it's a very regular occurence.

I saw one a couple of months ago in Brazil, where the taker ran up, stopped for a full 2/3 seconds, the keeper was lying on the ground to one of the goal by the time he tapped the ball into the empty part of the net. It didn't matter because it was a late one for 4-0 but it was still disgraceful.

I don't know why the likes CRonaldo do it, when he's got the ability to just stick it in the top corner with a normal run-up.

Was glad when he missed in the Champsm League final.

Hate the whole penalty feinting thing. If anybody has ever watched South American football on a regular basis, particularly Brazilian, it's a very regular occurence.

Neymar is brilliant at it.

Bet they aren't. They're always moving off their line now and rarely get caught.

Neymar is brilliant at it.

Bet they aren't. They're always moving off their line now and rarely get caught.

You say that as if it is something new, 'keepers have been doing it for 15+ years.