World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

"Cheryl Cole should support Argentina" -Lionel Messi

"I don't know if Cheryl is going to want to support England. She might be a bit anti-England players at the moment."

"If she is looking for a new nation to follow at the World Cup, she should look no further than Argentina."

"We play the prettiest football, have the prettiest players, and Argentinian men also know how to treat their women."

He added: "She would of course have to do the Tango. I don't think there would be a shortage of Argentinian players willing to help teach her."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1277761/WORLD-CUP-2010-Lionel-Messi-asks-Cheryl-Cole-Argentina-pretty-boys.html

The sly dog. ;D

Why do some teams have alot less that 30 players named?

Preliminary squad isn't a prerequesite, just some fad that everyone seems to do nowadays hence some are less than 30.

Guest je85

Laurent Blanc to become French national coach after the world cup. Should've been done 18 months ago.

Why do some teams have alot less that 30 players named?

Preliminary squad isn't a prerequesite, just some fad that everyone seems to do nowadays hence some are less than 30.

Well it is, each nation had to name a squad of up to 30 by 11 May and then has to submit a final squad of 23 by 1st June.

Only one team didn't name a preliminary squad and submitted a list of 23 players on the 11th.

I see there's going to be another African Cup of Nations in 2011 so that the tournament no longer falls on a World Cup year. Could they not have just waited and had the next one in 2013 rather than cram 2 in 2 years?

Why do that when you can annoy way more people having it 2 years running?

I see there's going to be another African Cup of Nations in 2011 so that the tournament no longer falls on a World Cup year. Could they not have just waited and had the next one in 2013 rather than cram 2 in 2 years?

Why do that when you can annoy way more people having it 2 years running?

True, but on the other hand, it's a great time for African football to stand up and be counted, with a World Cup and 2 Cup of Nations within a year and a bit.

Guest palnese

Ballack is out of the world cup by looking at his face after that tackle.

And to think I was joking as well! :lol:

informed of the bad news by text message  :nope:

'Bally, du hast ein kaput bein LOL :-)'

;D

France squad down to 24. Between Planus and Gallas for last space - dependent on the latter's fitness.

Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Olympique Lyon), Steve Mandanda(Olympique Marseille), Cedric Carrasso (Girondins Bordeaux)

Defenders: Bacary Sagna (Arsenal), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), William Gallas (Arsenal), Eric Abidal (Barcelona), Sebastien Squillaci (Sevilla), Marc Planus (Girondins Bordeaux), Gael Clichy(Arsenal), Anthony Reveillere (Olympique Lyon)

Midfielders: Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid), Alou Diarra(Girondins Bordeaux), Jeremy Toulalan (Olympique Lyon), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Yoann Gourcuff (Girondins Bordeaux), Abou Diaby (Arsenal)

Forwards: Thierry Henry (Barcelona), Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea), Andre-Pierre Gignac (Toulouse), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich), Sidney Govou (Olympique Lyon), Djibril Cisse (Panathinaikos), Mathieu Valbuena (Olympique Marseille)

France squad down to 24. Between Planus and Gallas for last space - dependent on the latter's fitness.

Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Olympique Lyon), Steve Mandanda(Olympique Marseille), Cedric Carrasso (Girondins Bordeaux)

Defenders: Bacary Sagna (Arsenal), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), William Gallas (Arsenal), Eric Abidal (Barcelona), Sebastien Squillaci (Sevilla), Marc Planus (Girondins Bordeaux), Gael Clichy(Arsenal), Anthony Reveillere (Olympique Lyon)

Midfielders: Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid), Alou Diarra(Girondins Bordeaux), Jeremy Toulalan (Olympique Lyon), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Yoann Gourcuff (Girondins Bordeaux), Abou Diaby (Arsenal)

Forwards: Thierry Henry (Barcelona), Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea), Andre-Pierre Gignac (Toulouse), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich), Sidney Govou (Olympique Lyon), Djibril Cisse (Panathinaikos), Mathieu Valbuena (Olympique Marseille)

there spoilt for choice for left back!! Evra, Clichy and Abidal.

On a seperate note he's dropped Benzema after having a poor season but kept Henry & Gignac in. If France had a decent manager I'd fancy them as darkhorses but with Domenech in charge i'd not be suprised if they didn't get out the groups. Not taking Mexes seems odd n all.

On a seperate note he's dropped Benzema after having a poor season but kept Henry & Gignac in. If France had a decent manager I'd fancy them as darkhorses but with Domenech in charge i'd not be suprised if they didn't get out the groups. Not taking Mexes seems odd n all.

Domenech makes him team selections based on tarrot cards and horoscopes. The man is clearly a sandwich short of a picnic and is really running Maradona close in the looney stakes.

Just seen that new England song. Which idiot thought it would be a bright idea for an admitted homosexual and a transvestite to record a song about England's world cup ambitions? Fuck off.