World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

I used to think we were strong at centre back, but Upson's been out of form recently and King was all over the place against Mexico and is made of glass, Carragher is over the hill and shit and Dawson is unproven at international level.

I don't think losing Rio is that bad,in the past 12 months,he's been a liability in an England shirt.

I'd still rather have him fit than not, like.

I'll wager Capello wishes he had given Dawson a run out against Japan or Mexico now...not that he'll get near the team.Upson/King/Carragher will step in.I'd rather Upson or Carragher as King's lack of mobility will be horribly found out at this level.

I don't think losing Rio is that bad,in the past 12 months,he's been a liability in an England shirt.

I'll wager Capello wishes he had given Dawson a run out against Japan or Mexico now...not that he'll get near the team.Upson/King/Carragher will step in.I'd rather Upson or Carragher as King's lack of mobility will be horribly found out at this level.

King is way more mobile than Terry, Upson and Dawson.

Chu-Young Park most likely out of the finals with a dislocated shoulder :facepalm:

There goes our tournament.

Just pop it back in and load him with drugs :thup:

Okay so I spoke too soon and apparently they put it back in so he's "okay."

Still nerve-racking though.

Chu-Young Park most likely out of the finals with a dislocated shoulder :facepalm:

There goes our tournament.

Just pop it back in and load him with drugs :thup:

Okay so I spoke too soon and apparently they put it back in so he's "okay."

Still nerve-racking though.

Guaranteed to pop out now during a game.

King is way more mobile than Terry, Upson and Dawson.

Yep, once every couple of weeks.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Drogba fractures his elbow in warm-up game according to SSN... the pictures they are showing don't look good.

Huge lost for Ivory Coast, and even more so for Drogba, this will have probably been his last World Cup.

Cases like Drogba and Ballack are just really tragic. Best player in your squad, national hero, last World Cup... Then some fake-Japanese cunt comes and along and fractures your shoulder with a knee-kick. If I was Ivorian I would be baying for blood.

Rio's looked really poor of late, tbh. He was actually hitting the opposite of form.

I also think that Terry is tested more in the Chelsea defence than Ferdinand is in the Man U defence, at least prior to this season - I think he's had quite a comfortable few years, which portrays him being better than he actually is.

:snod:

Cases like Drogba and Ballack are just really tragic. Best player in your squad, national hero, last World Cup... Then some fake-Japanese c*** comes and along and fractures your shoulder with a knee-kick. If I was Ivorian I would be baying for blood.

lol that's the spirit!!! I have already started digging into my Japanese mate. Tulio tanaka = schteak of the highest order