José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He can go on like a complete freak and his football is very, very tactical, but he definitely brings something to the league, love him or hate him.

No it is not. This is the most irksome thing about the Mourinho love-in. That he's some type of tactical genius. He's not. He's great at making decisive substitutions but tactically if the sit deep and counter at pace approach doesn't work he's stuck.

I agree. His great tactic against PSG was to get three strikers on and lump it forward

It won't be a failure if they don't win anything this season. He'll say - and rightly so - it was his first season with a young team in transition.

But, we're talking about a team that still has a (very little) chance of winning the league. I think it's a success that they're still in the title race considering Chelsea's previous seasons.

Also, they're still in the Champions League and I don't think they'll get knocked out by Athletico. And then, it's a final, it's 90 minutes and I would (of course :lol:) never bet against Mourinho in a final (how many did he lose? 1 with Real?)

Only 2 of their regular first team players were born in the 90's. Liverpool have 4. The youngest member of Chelsea's back 5 is 24 years old. This young team stuff is guff.

Chelsea have won silverware in previous seasons. Not winning siverware would be a failure considering the investment.

It's Atletico not Athletico.

Chelsea will need to be at their very best to beat Atleti and I just don't see it. In many ways, Atletico are the side Mourinho wish Chelsea were. Strong, determined, organised with lethal finishing. If someone is going to win it comfortably, it's going to  be Atleti.

The 2nd leg being at SB is a nice advantage.

He can go on like a complete freak and his football is very, very tactical, but he definitely brings something to the league, love him or hate him.

No it is not. This is the most irksome thing about the Mourinho love-in. That he's some type of tactical genius. He's not. He's great at making decisive substitutions but tactically if the sit deep and counter at pace approach doesn't work he's stuck.

I still don't understand why some people bold an entire post :lol:

And what a dreadful tactic that was...

It's just complete bollocks, man. Trying to boil one of the best managers in world football down to that nonesense. He's quite obviously a very tactical manager, he sets his team out based on the opposition, that doesn't mean he's always bang on but it's how he does it. On the opposite end of the spectrum you have someone like Keegan who didn't really care much about tactics, it was just getting your players fit and attacking the opposition.

It won't be a failure if they don't win anything this season. He'll say - and rightly so - it was his first season with a young team in transition.

But, we're talking about a team that still has a (very little) chance of winning the league. I think it's a success that they're still in the title race considering Chelsea's previous seasons.

Also, they're still in the Champions League and I don't think they'll get knocked out by Athletico. And then, it's a final, it's 90 minutes and I would (of course :lol:) never bet against Mourinho in a final (how many did he lose? 1 with Real?)

Only 2 of their regular first team players were born in the 90's. Liverpool have 4. The youngest member of Chelsea's back 5 is 24 years old. This young team stuff is guff.

Chelsea have won silverware in previous seasons. Not winning siverware would be a failure considering the investment.

It's Atletico not Athletico.

Chelsea will need to be at their very best to beat Atleti and I just don't see it. In many ways, Atletico are the side Mourinho wish Chelsea were. Strong, determined, organised with lethal finishing. If someone is going to win it comfortably, it's going to  be Atleti.

The 2nd leg being at SB is a nice advantage.

Ok.

It's just complete bollocks, man. Trying to boil one of the best managers in world football down to that nonesense. He's quite obviously a very tactical manager, he sets his team out based on the opposition, that doesn't mean he's always bang on but it's how he does it. On the opposite end of the spectrum you have someone like Keegan who didn't really care much about tactics, it was just getting your players fit and attacking the opposition.

I didn't say it was a dreadful tactic, just not something he should be lauded for

Hazard has been a big miss for them recently. He was their main man at opening up defences.

As for Mourinho, I've never liked his off-field behaviour, but he's proved his all-round managerial ability time and time again - tactics as well as motivational skills.

I didn't say it was a dreadful tactic, just not something he should be lauded for

Who's lauding him for it?

He made a decision in that game and it worked, I just thought it was pretty odd of you to single it out as a negative.

He puts out the same side the majority of the time and they play the same way. He's not going to surprise you with his formation. The players. Against top sides they'll look to sit deep and counter with pace.

Tactically, he does what he does. The thing he does better than others most is team building and inspiring belief in his players. I've never seen Sneijder play so consistently well for example. I know when he first came to Chelsea, playing a 3 man midfield blew people's minds.

"It’s very difficult to play a football match where only one team wants to play, very difficult. A match is about two teams playing. This match was only one team playing and another team not."

- Jose Mourinho, Jan 2014, after drawing 0-0 with West Ham.

Jose Mourinho endlessly contradicts himself, and rather intentionally. You could write a book with his bullshit quotes. He's mint. He loves chatting shit.

His billion pound teams play terrible winning football. Plenty of managers have had similar money and achieved a lot less.

(But I won't be going out of my way to watch too many Chelsea games whilst he's in charge).

Guest firetotheworks

In the same way as Ramires, he's not my type of player, but I can see the benefits of having him in your team.