Qatar's 2022 World Cup stadiums

Karjala

Too hot for the WC, will never happen.

They've come a long way from being the worst team on Striker on the Amiga though.

Haha I was thinking the same thing about FIFA 94. I thought they were a made up country.

And you claim to hate yanks. You're not so dissimilar you know...

It's 45+ degrees in July, death for posession of marijuana, prison for pre-marital sex, its illegal to be pissed, alcohol is hard to come by and slave labour will be use to produce those stadia.

No thanks.

After reading this i seriousely hope they don't get it going to a world cup(abroad) is something i hope to achieve some day and if Qatar ever got it i wouldn't be interested in the slightest. Also i would hate it if china or russia got it, i remember the olypics in 2008 and there was a lack of a carnival style feel. Russia held a champions league final and seemed to pretty much do the same, usually you can hear fans singing in the street i can't imagine that being allowed in those countries, Brazil however, imo should be excellent hosts for the fact they are possibly the biggest party nation in the world which should make for a good tounament.

It's 45+ degrees in July, death for posession of marijuana, prison for pre-marital sex, its illegal to be pissed, alcohol is hard to come by and slave labour will be use to produce those stadia.

No thanks.

After reading this i seriousely hope they don't get it going to a world cup(abroad) is something i hope to achieve some day and if Qatar ever got it i wouldn't be interested in the slightest. Also i would hate it if china or russia got it, i remember the olypics in 2008 and there was a lack of a carnival style feel. Russia held a champions league final and seemed to pretty much do the same, usually you can hear fans singing in the street i can't imagine that being allowed in those countries, Brazil however, imo should be excellent hosts for the fact they are possibly the biggest party nation in the world which should make for a good tounament.

Brazil would be a good place to hold the WC aslong as they, somehow, managed to get on top of the gang wars in Rio, people being shot left right and centre, imagine the media outcry if an English fan was shot.

Brazil has increadibly high crime (higher than the US even), pick pocketing is rampant and still I would rather countries like Brazil got the WC and Olympics over countries like Qatar or the US for that matter.

broken record time....i'd love just once for them to have the world cup in northern europe in autumn or the onset of winter.

That would be awesome.

I'd love to see a team like Brazil deal with palying a semifinal at a stadium like SJP or Hampden in December.

No thanks.

Brazil would be a good place to hold the WC aslong as they, somehow, managed to get on top of the gang wars in Rio, people being shot left right and centre, imagine the media outcry if an English fan was shot.

True, not to mention tey possibly have the craziest hooligans in the world, it is very rare people use fists and often use guns and their sells are absolutely awful ofcourse if you keep your self out of trouble everything will be fine but any English hooligans should definately think twice before they do something silly, though as corrupt as their police are they could end up being locked up anyway.

broken record time....i'd love just once for them to have the world cup in northern europe in autumn or the onset of winter.

That would be awesome.

I'd love to see a team like Brazil deal with palying a semifinal at a stadium like SJP or Hampden in December.

they could probably do it but could they sustain it throughout a tournament. also every world cup i can remember northern european teams have to "prepare" for the temperature and water loss etc. even in germany and france.

It'll be winter in South Africa.

i'd asked that before, yonks ago. it doesn't get as cold but they wee saying it got as low as 10degrees C during the tournament last year.

That would be awesome.

I too, would like this, but would there not be a problem with bad weather calling off or delaying games.

That would be awesome.

I too, would like this, but would there not be a problem with bad weather calling off or delaying games.

how many ga,mes were called off last november ?

It'll be winter in South Africa.

i'd asked that before, yonks ago. it doesn't get as cold but they wee saying it got as low as 10degrees C during the tournament last year.

It's certainly nowhere warm enough that anyone will need to prepare for the heat.

That would be awesome.

how many ga,mes were called off last november ?

I don't know but there is always a possibility of heavy rain in November in Britain.

I'd certainly be very happy to welcome everyone back to South Korea for 2022 :lol:

I just don't think we have a serious shot at it though.

- too soon

- We're the "safe" choices. Nothing exotic about us anymore.

- bound to be concerns about increasing tensions with the North

etc.

One thing I'm holding out hope on is that our man in FIFA is a master at this sort of thing and has a history of pulling rabbits out of his hat. (Us getting half the WC in 2002 was nothing short of a miracle)

I at least hope it doesn't go to Qatar though. Personally I don't think you should be allowed to host a World Cup before you've actually been there!

Isn't it Europes turn in 2018? Then Asia in 2022?

I thought we scrapped that whole rotation idea after Africa could only put together two or three decent bids for 2010 and South America only put together one serious bid for 2014.

Brazil has increadibly high crime (higher than the US even), pick pocketing is rampant and still I would rather countries like Brazil got the WC and Olympics over countries like Qatar or the US for that matter.

South Africa isn't exactly the safest country, tbh. They have very hgih crime, as do almost all poor nations. It's really all about how the authorities manage/hide it.

South Africa is worse than Brazil imo.  Other than the crime rate, there's lots of terrorists.

2018 should be the battle between China and Australia.  For 2022, my bet would be England or Netherlands. 

I thought we scrapped that whole rotation idea after Africa could only put together two or three decent bids for 2010 and South America only put together one serious bid for 2014.

He's not all-powerful (he promised the 2006 WC to South Africa and didn't deliver), but Blatter has pretty openly said that 2018 is fixed for an European candidate.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-wcup2018-blatter

He's not all-powerful (he promised the 2006 WC to South Africa and didn't deliver), but Blatter has pretty openly said that 2018 is fixed for an European candidate.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-wcup2018-blatter

:thup: Europe probaly deserves another one tbh. It should at least get it before we see Asia or the US again.

Scary how old I'll be at the time of these events. I mean, I'll be 32 in 2022. :lol: That's only three WCs from now. Terrifying how quickly we hurtle towards the inevitable.

It would probably be similar to having the Grand Prix in Bahrain. They try their best and spend millions trying to put on a good show, but its nothing on the European events. Everything about it is dull and shit.

Yup, gang wars ain't the problem is Rio, getting mugged is. My lass had her necklace ripped off her neck when we were there and my mate who was there a couple of weeks ago had a knife pulled on him and his camera nicked. It'll obviously improve for 2014/16 but currently the infrastructure is nowhere near good enough although I remember reading they're going to build loads of new hotels in Barra where it more "American" anyway.