Club statement

Magpie

Don't we get a payout of around 50-60m from sky  for being promoted? Isn't that to help towards player purchases?

:lol:

If that happenned, half the clubs in the PL would be deliberately trying to get relegated.

That's what Ashley did it for last year.

Don't we get a payout of around 50-60m from sky  for being promoted? Isn't that to help towards player purchases?

If that happenned, half the clubs in the PL would be deliberately trying to get relegated.

Guest Pjpg

So... The team we had last year.. minus Owen, Martins, Viduka, Bassong, Duff, Beye.. The team that got Newcastle United relegated, plus Williamson and Routledge is the team that will stay up this season, Smart Business plan

Guest malandro

:facepalm:

He’s not that far off the mark.

Lambias said being out of the Premier League cost us £50m. So assuming he wasn’t lying going back up should bring in an extra £50m, which will cover the £32m operating loss for the season just gone and leave £18m for strengthening the squad / repaying an instalment on the debts.

I was only referrring to the pricks.  After all, I post on here and I'd hardly call myself a prick.  I'm brilliant.

So when you say "They're defending it.  Unbelievable."  You actually mean one person was depending it?   I thought that they're was short for they are, they meaning "people" and by that more than one.

Come on then, name and shame so that they can defend themselves.

I've named 3 people above.

As I said, I was referring to those pricks.  There's pricks on TT (where I said it) too.  None of them daft enough to defend this car crash of a statement like.

if you read this thread stifler basically says if its interprated in such a wayit may not be bad. no too dis-similar to kitman on TT

So... The team we had last year.. minus Owen, Martins, Viduka, Bassong, Duff, Beye.. The team that got Newcastle United relegated, plus Williamson and Routledge is the team that will stay up this season, Smart Business plan

The return to fitness of Barton and the sale of Butt will be like two new signings.

Thinking as optimistically as one can after reading that ..

'No plan to' - that might mean Chris hasn't told them what additions and changes needs to be made to stay up this summer?  So their sentence would be correct in the sense that nothing is planned right now. 

We have only just finished the season after all.

CLUTCHING

The return to fitness of Barton and the sale of Butt will be like two new signings.

;D ;D

Thinking as optimistically as one can after reading that ..

'No plan to' - that might mean Chris hasn't told them what additions and changes needs to be made to stay up this summer?  So their sentence would be correct in the sense that nothing is planned right now. 

We have only just finished the season after all.

CLUTCHING

Wor Chris has as much of a say in the matter as Dierdre off Coronation Street does.

Check it out

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Archive/Article/20080641314775

'Can' be worth 'UP TO' that ammount. sky haven't gave the club the money and thats based on crowds going up (which ours may do slightly) extra sponsorship (ours is already sorted) etc. than finsishing high up to get better money which we probably wont.

Could be a case of lowering transfer fees and fan's expectations. I don't know, it could be. Let's not make mountains out of molehills, let's wait and see what has happened come the end of the transfer window and more importantly the end of the season. Ashley is a serial bullshitter so I'm not going to try and second guess any statements.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Check it out

'Can' be worth 'UP TO' that ammount. sky haven't gave the club the money and thats based on crowds going up (which ours may do slightly) extra sponsorship (ours is already sorted) etc. than finsishing high up to get better money which we probably wont.

Ok this is for the coming season and doesn't include sponsorships but still it is a tidy sum. The question is why can't we use it on new players.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-nets-16314bn-tv-rights-bonanza-1925462.html

Guest elbee909

I can't help but think it's no coincidence that this press statement has been buried as much as possible by releasing it on a Sunday evening.

Guest elbee909

How are we going to pay for Berbatov then?

We'll pay him in Shearer merchandise.

Check it out

Ok this is for the coming season and doesn't include sponsorships but still it is a tidy sum. The question is why can't we use it on new players.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-nets-16314bn-tv-rights-bonanza-1925462.html

i'd say why can't we use some of it on new players. to spend it all on new players would be to forget that the club has been running on a debt for years and at some point it will need to be paid back.

I can't help but think it's no coincidence that this press statement has been buried as much as possible by releasing it on a Sunday evening.

On the same day that the Premiership title will get most of the back pages.

perfect timing for the monday rags though. last thursday would have been better timing.

perfect timing for the monday rags though. last thursday would have been better timing.

Never, even better.