Club statement

Magpie

Not read through much of the thread so don't know if it's been mentioned; but it makes you wonder why they disintegrated the core of the scouting system. I wonder if they'll pick it up again; they'd f***ing better have.

They really did think we'd be safe and sound last season (08/09), didn't they. :nope:

what did they do to the scouting system ?, seems like we are bringing in more kids than ever from all over.

edit...yes they did think/hope we'd survive that season.

Not read through much of the thread so don't know if it's been mentioned; but it makes you wonder why they disintegrated the core of the scouting system. I wonder if they'll pick it up again; they'd f***ing better have.

They really did think we'd be safe and sound last season (08/09), didn't they. :nope:

what did they do to the scouting system ?, seems like we are bringing in more kids than ever from all over.

Well Wise and Vetere have both gone, haven't they. I didn't say "we have no scouts". It just sounds like they've returned to their original masterplan (this time with some finetuning, probably (hopefully)), only they've gone and scrapped the original key-points of the blueprint.

Guest malandro

Ok, lets say getting in the Premiership is worth 60m of TV money

Why would we say that?

So, (just out of interest)

How much will each Club be entitled to before a ball is kicked.

Am I right in thinking that you get £800k more for every position you finish above bottom? (on top of entitled amount?)

Overseas rights are to be paid monthly to every Club at £1.7m per month?

How much does every live TV appearance bring in?

And finally, the new deal also brings in 4 year parachute payments of £20m per season for relegated Clubs as of the new TV deal coming into effect?

I'm likely miles out on quoted figures, if so, what are they?

For the last time. Lambias (when he was harping out about how Ashley was our saviour) said that relegation had cost us £50m, a combination of TV money and reduced commercial activities. Since we finished in the bottom three it’s reasonable to assume going back up will boost the coffers by at least £50m.

ahh i see so we choose to believe him when it fits our purpose.

There is a chance he exaggerated the figure to make Mike look good, or understated it  as it was Ashley’s fault we got relegated. There’s no way of knowing but it sounds about the money, and for the purposes of this thread if we are going to believe the yet to be published figures given for 09/10 are true it makes sense to be consistent. Something you’re not very good at I know, but I’m sure you could get the hang of it if you tried engaging your brain instead of making smug remarks and talking shite.

Ok, lets say getting in the Premiership is worth 60m of TV money

Why would we say that?

So, (just out of interest)

How much will each Club be entitled to before a ball is kicked.

Am I right in thinking that you get £800k more for every position you finish above bottom? (on top of entitled amount?)

Overseas rights are to be paid monthly to every Club at £1.7m per month?

How much does every live TV appearance bring in?

And finally, the new deal also brings in 4 year parachute payments of £20m per season for relegated Clubs as of the new TV deal coming into effect?

I'm likely miles out on quoted figures, if so, what are they?

For the last time. Lambias (when he was harping out about how Ashley was our saviour) said that relegation had cost us £50m, a combination of TV money and reduced commercial activities. Since we finished in the bottom three it’s reasonable to assume going back up will boost the coffers by at least £50m.

ahh i see so we choose to believe him when it fits our purpose.

There is a chance he exaggerated the figure to make Mike look good, or understated it  as it was Ashley’s fault we got relegated. There’s no way of knowing but it sounds about the money, and for the purposes of this thread if we are going to believe the yet to be published figures given for 09/10 are true it makes sense to be consistent. Something you’re not very good at I know, but I’m sure you could get the hang of it if you tried engaging your brain instead of making smug remarks and talking s****.

well actually no, we arent going to believe for the purpose of the thread. i'd beleive it if i thought it was true (that was me engaging my brain)

They really have learned absolutely nothing have they?  :undecided:

They have no concept of how to operate a football club. How many clubs invest £0 each year? What was the point of getting promoted first time round if you're not prepared to spend a bit of cash to stay there?

I just don't understand them or the backward, retarded decisions they make. They're thick as mince.   

They have no concept of how to operate a football club. How many clubs invest £0 each year? What was the point of getting promoted first time round if you're not prepared to spend a bit of cash to stay there?

I just don't understand them or the backward, retarded decisions they make. They're thick as mince.   

Still can't believe he could sit at that Ipswich game in a full stadium and not realise what he potentially had on his hands if he invested some proper money over and above covering the running costs. :undecided:

Still can't believe he could sit at that Ipswich game in a full stadium and not realise what he potentially had on his hands if he invested some proper money over and above covering the running costs. :undecided:

how much in total would that be though ?

Guest Heneage

Maybe calling him a rapist wasn't such a good idea.

Anything over zero at the minute would be a step in the right direction.

:lol:

It and other bits and pieces certainly won't have helped. :thup:

so if hes put in enough to cover the running costs....thats quite a whack you know, which he ain't sure of getting any of it back.

I'm a somewhat rational, realistic mammal. Allowing for the quixotic, ephemeral nature of the beast that is Newcastle United, i'd (naively) hoped that we'd reached the stage where making an arse of this thing of ours was to be a mere thing of the past.

The Howard Hughes of Berkshire has indeed been the first owner  in living memory to invest his own money ( rightly or wrongly, people will argue nonetheless), but lord on high, what earthly purpose does such a poorly-worded, grammatically inept and frankly unhelpful statement ever hope to achieve?

Extract the inherent hope from a large percentage of Newcastle fans (again, rightly or wrongly, i'm not a Rod Serling-esque judge), then you're left with what exactly - an abridged version of hope? A re-adjusted, malajusted evaluation of expectation?

I highly doubt anyone is kidding themselves prior to this released statement that NUFC are to storm their way to a European finish. However, Everton football club have managed rather well this past few years on a prudent budget without ever having to resort to some quasi-populisist nonsense as per this evening's statement.

In short, what was the f***ing point?

so if hes put in enough to cover the running costs....thats quite a whack you know, which he ain't sure of getting any of it back.

He won't get it back judging by the strategy he's using now.

An investment in the playing staff would improve the chances though. He just looks like a big game gambler whose arse has suddenly fallen out.

I'm a somewhat rational, realistic mammal. Allowing for the quixotic, ephemeral nature of the beast that is Newcastle United, i'd (naively) hoped that we'd reached the stage where making an arse of this thing of ours was to be a mere thing of the past.

The Howard Hughes of Berkshire has indeed been the first owner  in living memory to invest his own money ( rightly or wrongly, people will argue nonetheless), but lord on high, what earthly purpose does such a poorly-worded, grammatically inept and frankly unhelpful statement ever hope to achieve?

Extract the inherent hope from a large percentage of Newcastle fans (again, rightly or wrongly, i'm not a Rod Serling-esque judge), then you're left with what exactly - an abridged version of hope? A re-adjusted, malajusted evaluation of expectation?

I highly doubt anyone is kidding themselves prior to this released statement that NUFC are to storm their way to a European finish. However, Everton football club have managed rather well this past few years on a prudent budget without ever having to resort to some quasi-populisist nonsense as per this evening's statement.

In short, what was the f***ing point?

Stuart Hall, is that you?

As if! I can only hope to languish in the deceptively candescent shadows of such a broadcasting giant. And a superb biography to boot.

I don't even possess one of Napoleon's timepieces...

:spit: