Why Has Hughton Not Resigned?

Crumpy Gunt

It appears he's been hung out to dry. It clearly states in 'the club statement' he's contracted for this season only. So why would he even think about going into this season of almost certain struggle and have whatever credibility he might have built up destroyed.

If he's honest to himself and he see's the statement in the same light as the majority then he should do whats best for himself and walk.

The Journal says "they understand the news came as a shock to Hughton" so they have obviously been stringing him along like all their previous managers.

Feel sorry for him - they are setting him up to fail from the outset. 

Guest guinness_fiend

Because he has a contract until the end of next season and fancies a pop at the Premiership?

Given the issues that we have had over recent years with giving long contracts to managers only to pay large sums compensation etc. when we eventually sack them a few months into the season, it seems like a prudent move from the management.

If Hughton proves his worth as a Premiership manager (which I sincerely hope he does), it is not out of the realms of possibility that a new contract will follow.

Guest guinness_fiend

The Journal says "they understand the news came as a shock to Hughton" so they have obviously been stringing him along like all their previous managers.

Feel sorry for him - they are setting him up to fail from the outset. 

:lol:

I understand that Hughton was very happy with the statement.  I cannot confirm this for certain, but that is what I understand to be the case.

Because without this job he'll go back to Tottenham and end up carrying the water for Redknapp.

This, frankly - and there's no guarantee he would even get THAT.

The true answer is that he will get paid until they sack him, then they have to pay off the rest - he would get nowt if he walked ....

Unless things are a lot different to 'what it says in the brochure' he will be gone by Christmas as he has no chance without a transfer kitty.

Because he is a decent, honest guy who genuinely seems to want to do well for himself and the fans.

Apparently that's a negative attitude to have though. If he was any sort of a man he would walk out and give us another season of instability.

The utter wanker!

Because he is a decent, honest guy who genuinely seems to want to do well for himself and the fans.

Apparently that's a negative attitude to have though. If he was any sort of a man he would walk out and give us another season of instability.

The utter wanker!

It's because Nolan hasn't told him to yet tbh.

The utter wanker!

I don't think that's Crumpy's point at all, mind.

Guest WashyGeordie

Because he has a contract until the end of next season and fancies a pop at the Premiership?

Given the issues that we have had over recent years with giving long contracts to managers only to pay large sums compensation etc. when we eventually sack them a few months into the season, it seems like a prudent move from the management.

If Hughton proves his worth as a Premiership manager (which I sincerely hope he does), it is not out of the realms of possibility that a new contract will follow.

This.

Hasn't he always been contracted to 2 years/end of next season, so why would he resign with the same contract which he knew about all along?