The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

I read on the BBC live text thingy at the side of the live coverage on there website, that somebody had put £110,000 each way on France at 20/1 and if it came in he would make £1.65 MILLION PROFIT!

Mental.

He'd have to screenshot that if he was on here.

I've signed up for a betting account and i'm not 18. Saves me fatha having to run to the bookies for is. Hope they dont suss is like.  :undecided:

I've been doing the same for the last couple of weeks mate - from what I've heard they're happy to take your business in blind ignorance for the most part.

F'kin hell, I've been thinking you were in your twenties for some reason. :kasper:

Really? :laugh:

Yeah. :lol: How old are you really then? If I can ask. :thup:

I've signed up for a betting account and i'm not 18. Saves me fatha having to run to the bookies for is. Hope they dont suss is like.  :undecided:

I've been doing the same for the last couple of weeks mate - from what I've heard they're happy to take your business in blind ignorance for the most part.

F'kin hell, I've been thinking you were in your twenties for some reason. :kasper:

I actually thought he was Japanese for a good while. Nee idea why like.

What the fuck man? :lol:

I did too, actually. :lol: It was because your Live account had some Japanese symbols or some shit a while ago. :lol:

What the f*** man? :lol:

I did too, actually. :lol: It was because your Live account had some Japanese symbols or some s*** a while ago. :lol:

Ah shit aye, I forgot about that. In-joke I think, although I can't remember what it was about. Think my location still says Newcastle on it though. :lol:

Whey, nice to know I've been assuming an alter-ego as a twentysomething Japanese guy without even knowing.  :thup:

I did too, actually. :lol: It was because your Live account had some Japanese symbols or some shit a while ago. :lol:

There must have been something on the forum aswell man, because I've always thought of him as a middle aged Jap aswell. This new information has blown my mind. It's like the time I found out Disco Des on here and Disco enforcer on live were seperate people.

England Starting XI v USA: Green, Johnson, Cole, A, Terry, King, Lennon, Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, J, Crouch, Rooney - £10 @ 5/1

England Starting XI v USA: James, Johnson, Cole, A, Terry, King, Lennon, Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, J, Crouch, Rooney - £10 @ 15/2

I can see Heskey starting to be honest mate. :sadnod:

:thup:

ENGLAND vs Yanks

ARGENTINA vs Nigeria

Serbia vs GHANA

GERMANY vs Australia

50p = £5.61

England/USA - first goal direct from a freekick or corner

30p = £5.70

England/USA - King to score in an England win

20p = £3.40

England/USA - England to be winning 2-0 at half time

£1 = £7.00

Nilmar top scorer

25p = £10.25

Tevez top scorer

25p = £6.50

Green must have cost us all a fortune tonight.

Certainly got me, the cunts.

Had Argentina and a draw in the other two.

Higuain should have had a couple as well, have him backed for top scorer. Hopefully he doesn't get dropped for Milito.

Germany, Serbia and Slovenia tomorrow anyway.

100 on England/Argentina double (to win their first respective matches). Will be a quite nervous Saturday for me.  :lol:

Well, that was a bit s***, really.

Don't you just love Green!

I don't say it's only Green's fault tbh. England had another 45 + minutes time to score 1 (!!) goal against USA (!!). Not 5 against Brazil, Spain, Italy or Germany.

Well, I'm disappointed. But, to lose is part of the game and the world cup has only just started.

100 on England/Argentina double (to win their first respective matches). Will be a quite nervous Saturday for me.  :lol:

Well, that was a bit s***, really.

Don't you just love Green!

I don't say it's only Green's fault tbh. England had another 45 + minutes time to score 1 (!!) goal against USA (!!). Not 5 against Brazil, Spain, Italy or Germany.

Well, I'm disappointed. But, to lose is part of the game and the world cup has only just started.

All the best man, I was tempted to try the bookie buster system on Betfair by laying on draw and covering my 'liability' with a correct 0-0 score, but after seeing 3 draws out of 5 games, 2 of which ended 1-1 (which would have cost massive loss)...I think I'll be staying away :-). The amount of money you need to make a win all ways by laying on draws and covering both 0-0 and 1-1 is just too huge for such a small return - not worth the time investment. Even then, there is of course the horrible scenario where teams draw 2-2 or 3-3 which would be a killer!

If anyone is interested to try out this 'system', I'll give a quick run down...it can potentially work but it is not 100% loss proof.

Tell us when you win something big!