The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Cant say i approve of peeps betting on a starting lineup, i think thats just insane thing to do: unless you enjoy losing your money....a strange thrill to possess!

Maybe peeps who woulld place a bet like that are actually addicts?  Its not a logical thing to bet on, its far too random and unpredictable.  Unlike betting on who will win a game, when you draw on your experience of the teams skill/performance and make an educated prediction of a result.

Think peeps should examine their habits and be more disciplined!

I won a whole pound betting on a draw yesterday! woohoo!

Cant say i approve of peeps betting on a starting lineup, i think thats just insane thing to do: unless you enjoy losing your money....a strange thrill to possess!

Maybe peeps who woulld place a bet like that are actually addicts? Its not a logical thing to bet on, its far too random and unpredictable. Unlike betting on who will win a game, when you draw on your experience of the teams skill/performance and make an educated prediction of a result.

Think peeps should examine their habits and be more disciplined!

Anything in betting terms is random and unpredictable though. ???

Had Slovenia in play after about 20 mins at 2.6.

Hooray. Won back £8.91 of what I was wasting whilst pissed last night. Have to get thinking about the rest of the day's action now.

edit: it's already all gone on a Serbia/Germany double at 3.26.

right. £3 on accum - Serbia - Ghana draw and Germany win.

After the first 10 minutes, I put £2 on a Ghana win as they seemed the better side. @ 3/1. So this is £5 profit overall. If it stays like this.

35 € on Germany

15 € on Slowenia, Serbia, Germany.

Hoping for much, much, very much more luck than yesterday.

Well, the worst thing about that is that I actually thought that Ghana would win but still backed Serbia.  :doh:

Germany -1 8/5 looks tasty.

I thought that but reading the preview on the BBC website has put doubt in my mind. Apparently Australia are very negative and the Germany manager has expressed concern about breaking them down. Considering Germany to win to nil at 13/10.

Germany -1 8/5 looks tasty.

I thought that but reading the preview on the BBC website has put doubt in my mind. Apparently Australia are very negative and the Germany manager has expressed concern about breaking them down.

Yeah, but he also has said that "maybe one goal won't be enought at a World Cup to win a match". That's one of many strong hints that they will play very much offensive football and try to score 2 or more goals.

8/15 on the outright win is canny in itself, I reckon the Germans might do better than a few have said. Star quality is low but, cliche or not, you can still see them getting far.