The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Sorry, I know this has been covered before but can't find it sifting through this massive thread. How do you do the -1? Is that the Asian handicaps? 'Cause they make no sense to me, they don't seem to look like the same things that you guys are doing. Using Bet365.

I still haven't got to grips with the Asian handicap despite more than one person telling me about them. But in terms of the simple -1, that just means you're betting on the team you've chosen to win by 2 or more goals, i.e. literally they are starting 1-0 down.

For Bet365, go into the additional bets for the match you want, and scroll down to Match Handicap, or, sometimes it will be in Additional Match Handicap, or something along those lines. :thup:

I still haven't got to grips with the Asian handicap despite more than one person telling me about them. But in terms of the simple -1, that just means you're betting on the team you've chosen to win by 2 or more goals, i.e. literally they are starting 1-0 down.

For Bet365, go into the additional bets for the match you want, and scroll down to Match Handicap, or, sometimes it will be in Additional Match Handicap, or something along those lines. :thup:

Cheers Neil, just found 'em. What's the + about? So if I bet on a team +3, say they lost 2-0, effectively my bet would mean they won 3-2 and I'd win?

Whatever Belo says, really. By the looks of it you've won an absolute fortune these past couple of weeks. :thup:

I started with £30 for 3-4 weeks ago, now i have £2100. Crazy days, so i just enjoy it :) But have started to cash out some of the money, because we all know that the bad days will come!

Whatever Belo says, really. By the looks of it you've won an absolute fortune these past couple of weeks. :thup:

I started with £30 for 3-4 weeks ago, now i have £2100. Crazy days, so i just enjoy it :) But have started to cash out some of the money, because we all know that the bad days will come!

Too true, I'd go with one of two ways with all that in my account, I'd withdraw it all and stash it for a rainy day, or blow it all again.

To win by 2 is -1.5.

-1 is essentially the same but if it's 1-0 you get your money back and it's obviously weaker odds. You can do normal Handicap rather than Asian on Bet365 too - that's when you don't have the chance of anything back.

I've gone Schalke -1.5, Lyon dnb, Barca -1.5, Inter, Valencia.

Although they'll still probably win, I'm struggling to see any value in backing Man Utd tonight. Relying on Macheda as the lone striker just doesn't fill me with confidence.

I've done a treble on Inter, Valencia and Barca. Done the same but Barca -1 too.

Although they'll still probably win, I'm struggling to see any value in backing Man Utd tonight. Relying on Macheda as the lone striker just doesn't fill me with confidence.

I've done a treble on Inter, Valencia and Barca. Done the same but Barca -1 too.

Agree about Man U, at 1.25 there's no value there at all. Too likely to have an off day and struggle to score.

Thinking of putting a bit of money on Nani scoring mind, he's been canny good this season.

EDIT: Went with singles and a double on Nani any time scorer and Etoo first scorer.