The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Crawley are favourites at 9/2 to win League 2 next year. Pitiful.

I think the best value in such markets is Birmingham to win the Championship at 8/1.

7/2 on b365.  Agree about Birmingham.

I've £2 on

Premier League: Man Utd

Championship: Birmingham

League 1: Huddersfield

League 2: Bristol Rovers

Champions League: Barcelona

Returns about 13k.

Italy to steamroller Ireland. Quite a few Championship players in the team:

Ireland: Forde (Millwall); McShane (Hull City) - capt, St Ledger (Preston NE), O'Dea (Celtic) or Kelly (Fulham), Ward (Wolves); Coleman (Everton), Andrews (Blackburn Rovers), Foley (Wolves), Hunt (Wolves) or Lawrence (Portsmouth); Keogh (Wolves), Long (Reading).

Italy: Viviano (Bologna); Cassani (Palermo), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Chiellini (Juventus), Criscito (Genoa); Nocerino (Palermo), Pirlo (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus); Montolivo (Fiorentina); Rossi (Villarreal), Pazzini (Inter)

As soon as you posted that, I put a fiver on Ireland at 4/1. So thank you :laugh:

Italy to steamroller Ireland. Quite a few Championship players in the team:

Ireland: Forde (Millwall); McShane (Hull City) - capt, St Ledger (Preston NE), O'Dea (Celtic) or Kelly (Fulham), Ward (Wolves); Coleman (Everton), Andrews (Blackburn Rovers), Foley (Wolves), Hunt (Wolves) or Lawrence (Portsmouth); Keogh (Wolves), Long (Reading).

Italy: Viviano (Bologna); Cassani (Palermo), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Chiellini (Juventus), Criscito (Genoa); Nocerino (Palermo), Pirlo (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus); Montolivo (Fiorentina); Rossi (Villarreal), Pazzini (Inter)

As soon as you posted that, I put a fiver on Ireland at 4/1. So thank you :laugh:

And for my next trick: Romania to beat Brazil @ 25-1.

Romania have no manager and no good players, against Brazil who are playing Ronaldo in a kind of International/testimonial hybrid. God knows what'll happen, so 25-1 seems fair. 

Edit: Ronaldo just playing 15mins, otherwise the Brazil squad looks strong.

Bet Winnings Reverse Forecast:

15:45 PRINCE OF WALES'S STAKES (GROUP 1) 1m 2f - So You Think @ SP

15:45 PRINCE OF WALES'S STAKES (GROUP 1) 1m 2f - Rewilding @ SP  £58.90

Trying to decide what to do for some season long bets meself, actually.

Been throwing around a few combinations today, there's some good value to be had. Decided I'm having £20 a week on Barca to win La Liga and £5 a week on them to win the Champions League until the odds become a fair bit worse than they are now.