The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Does still seem a bit liberal of them, £100 limit or not. If loads of people do what Chris has done, they're going to take a fair hit, all of their own making.

I was already doing something like you tbf Chris :laugh:

I'm just making the more likely scenarios more profitable and making sure the unlikely possibilities at least break me even.

I'm avoiding the Man Utd winning by 4 goals plus though. If that happens, I deserve to lose £100 and PaddyPower deserve it.

Very last bets of the season. Hope to end the season on a high.

260 € on Man Utd

18 € on Man Utd (better odds, back in January)

25 € on Giggs to be Man Utd's last goalscorer.

Will later do one live bet with 25€ that I'll get back if I lose (bet 365)

Just spread £100 over Man U win / Draw correct scores on Paddy Power, thus guaranteeing at least £25 profit provided Barca don't win in normal time. If Barca do win, I get my £100 back.

Seemed ridiculous not to do it really. Zero risk, decent chance of £25.

Tempted to stick £25 on a Barca win in normal time (Evens), then I'll be looking for that to come in rather than hoping Man U win or draw. Will think that through in the next couple of hours.

Same thing occurred to me, and probably everyone else with a Paddy Power account, surely?

Says in the t&c they can void bets if they think you're trying to guarantee money.  :dowie

The smart people would be placing bets over numerous accounts to avoid arousing suspicion, you'd imagine.

Holy shit!  I just noticed that I had a £2 free bet in the games section on Paddy Power.

Half an hour later I've just turned that £2 into £162 on Deal Or No Deal.  Have withdrawn £100 before I get too excited.  Buzzing. :lol:

Stick the other £62 on a Man Utd or draw score of your choice. Either you break even, or win a whole lot more.

Edit: ....please don't do that. I'm an idiot.

Holy shit!  I just noticed that I had a £2 free bet in the games section on Paddy Power.

Half an hour later I've just turned that £2 into £162 on Deal Or No Deal.  Have withdrawn £100 before I get too excited.  Buzzing. :lol:

:lol: Very nice!

Guest BooBoo

Barca -1 is my bet of the day.

Also got a free fiver from Hills which I've stuck on Man Utd.

£2 on 2-2

£2 on Vidic first goal scorer.

£2.50 Messi first goal scorer.

Nah, I've nearly thrown it all away now. :lol:

:lol: My old housemate had a similar experience on one of the games on the lottery website. "Eeee look at this I've won shitloads" *small pause" "Aww nar fuck it, it's all gone".

:lol: My old housemate had a similar experience on one of the games on the lottery website. "Eeee look at this I've won shitloads" *small pause" "Aww nar fuck it, it's all gone".

:lol: Aye, I'm down to £16 from £62 now, but still.  I withdrew £100 with no stake, nice one.

Didn't bother with the red card bets. Went for:

Back Your Odds Your Stake Your Profit

D Villa 2 - 0 48 £2.00 £94.00

D Villa 2 - 1 70 £2.00 £138.00

Pedro 2 - 0 55 £2.00 £108.00

Pedro 2 - 1 95 £2.00 £188.00

A Iniesta 2 - 0 95 £2.00 £188.00

A Iniesta 2 - 1 140 £2.00 £278.00

:lol: Aye, I'm down to £16 from £62 now, but still.  I withdrew £100 with no stake, nice one.

I think my highest after I withdrew £100 was about £81 and now I'm down to 22p. 

But still I'm impressed I had the restraint to withdraw anything at all.

Is the PaddyPower deal if Barca win in 90 you get a refund?

I don't get it then? :lol:

If you stick 50 on Man U at 13/5 you win 180

If you stick 50 on draw at 5/2 you win 175

And if Barca win you've still got your 100?

What have I not understood?