Let's discuss penalties

Ishmael

Pick which way you want to go before you run up then just smash it. Only way to go, you don't want to be caught in two minds.

see thats easy to say, then you are running to hit the ball into the pre planned place, the keep takes a random step to the direction you were planning and your solid plan goes to fuck.

Guest je85

Not to mention the newer football boots providing more power/accuracy. O0

How about the light and supple boots allowing the keepers to dive that little bit further or later and then there's the gloves.

I'd take Ameobi to the World Cup and bring him on purely to take a penalty. The lad never misses.

[/quote

your right he never misses, but still when he picks up the ball to take a pen you think fucks sake this clown will miss this

I will never forgive shearer for that miss v the mackems made my life a wreck for 2 days  :dave:, only one fault in 10 years not bad though!

A friend of mine lost about £150 000 on that miss.

I have a feeling that Lampard will score a massive penalty in the World Cup.

If so, in the build up to him putting down the ball and taking his steps back, I will be absolutely bricking it. Used to be so confident at him taking penalties too.

Shearer wasn't a great penalty taker, i'd have had Solano take every single one of ours. But your penalty taker is often little more than the team's golden boy.

Agree with Solano, his technique from penalties and freekick was awesome. But you're allowing your prejudice to cloud your judgment (again) of Shearer's penalties. He wasn't the best but he was a dam good penalty taker especially in high pressured situations. He might have missed 9-11 but very few of them were in big games. I've never had as much confidence in an England player during penalty shootouts, he usually belts them into the top corner. The only England player who I feel has a better penalty technique and can deliver in high pressured situations is possibly Hargreaves and even then I have not seen him taking penalties consistently. Shearer was/is the best for England in the last 10-15 years or so.

Guest firetotheworks

Shearer wasn't a great penalty taker, i'd have had Solano take every single one of ours. But your penalty taker is often little more than the team's golden boy.

Agree with Solano, his technique from penalties and freekick was awesome. But you're allowing your prejudice to cloud your judgment (again) of Shearer's penalties. He wasn't the best but he was a dam good penalty taker especially in high pressured situations. He might have missed 9-11 but very few of them were in big games. I've never had as much confidence in an England player during penalty shootouts, he usually belts them into the top corner. The only player who I feel has a better penalty technique and can deliver in high pressured situations is possibly Hargreaves and even then I have not seen him taking penalties consistently. Shearer was/is the best for England in the last 10-15 years or so.

Abso-bloody-exactly.

I'd take Ameobi to the World Cup and bring him on purely to take a penalty. The lad never misses.

your right he never misses, but still when he picks up the ball to take a pen you think f***s sake this clown will miss this

Aye, you're not wrong like.

• 1 year later...