Palace saved from going into liquidation

ChrisJbarnes

Forgive my ignorance - is there a precedent for a club essentially disappearing?

Does the FA have a set of rules that govern this situation?

It seems that the clubs that struggle go in to administration and reform while keeping their place in the division they are in. Total winding up seems to only happen with clubs outside the leagues in the lower reaches of the pyramid.

my local club in scotland Airdrieonians went out of business a few years ago. The came back as Airdrie United and tried to get into the very bottom league however the scottish FA voted in Favour of Gretna (now completely gone) and Airdrie essentially took over Clydebank who had just gone into admistration (now completely gone) and are now in the Scottish 2nd division under the name Airdrie United

IIRC Maidstone were the last team to go 'bust' and they went during the season so no precedent there, and i'm not sure what happened with Aldershot. Any replacement may cause a delay in the fixtures coming out but i imagine they'd 'reprieve' the next from bottom team but would need to do this across all divisions down to the Conference North and South, where the natural feed of teams stops. That means Gillingham and Grimsby fans may have an interest in this also, as well as Wednesday.

When Gretna fell out in Scotland they were already relegated from the SPL but because the playoffs include the 2nd bottom team they promoted the losing play-off final team which may have been that team. They also did this for Livingston last season.

Offer them £1m for Clyne, Scannell, Hills, Ambrose & N'Diaye.

Keep them going for a bit.

QPR are signing Ambrose for £750k. they are hardly gonna take £1m for all of them :D

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Madness.

Simon Jordan won't be able to set foot in London for a while if they disappear.

Offer them £1m for Clyne, Scannell, Hills, Ambrose & N'Diaye.

Keep them going for a bit.

QPR are signing Ambrose for £750k. they are hardly gonna take £1m for all of them :D

£1.2m then.  :razz:

Simon Jordan won't be able to set foot in London for a while if they disappear.

He will just have to stop in with Ian Walkers x-wife Suzi for a bit.

http://www.football.co.uk/photos/lh3.ggpht.com/_hL2QhJdU52s/SWHXl_bybkI/AAAAAAAAC_0/NAF1pWWM34A/SuziWalker3.jpg

Be a bit hard on south London, like, meaning only Charlton and Millwall left on that side of the Thames, and both of those way over in the east.

Eh?

Which part did you not understand?

Nothing, just seemed an unusual thing to comment on.

Be a bit hard on south London, like, meaning only Charlton and Millwall left on that side of the Thames, and both of those way over in the east.

Eh?

Why? I lived around there for a while, and Crystal Palace were the nearest club.

Eh?

Why? I lived around there for a while, and Crystal Palace were the nearest club.

Just that there are two clubs within 11 miles of Selhurst Park. Its not like say Carlisle have gone bust for example.

Also, if your Palace fan I doubt come the morra you will be getting your route planner out & thinking should I go to Millwall or Charlton now.

Straight to Chelsea, probably been looking forward to swapping for some glory for a while. ;)