The Craig Bellamy Foundation

steve_69

SJP was an absolute bastard to visit around those years. Leaked a fair few goals, with the 6-2 being quite the thumping. A 4-2 and a 4-1 mixed in there as well iirc. This year's victory was the first since big Kev Campbell got us a win in.... 2000 I think?

SJP was an absolute bastard to visit around those years. Leaked a fair few goals, with the 6-2 being quite the thumping. A 4-2 and a 4-1 mixed in there as well iirc.This year's victory was the first since big Kev Campbell got us a win in.... 2000 I think?

A young Super Duper Branko Strupar was my guest for that match.

1998-1999 you beat us because of a mistake by Given that cost him his FA Cup Final place. Campbell got the goal.

During the season in question (02-03), you were 0-1 up with 86 on the clock at St James'. Took two very late goals for the win.

1998-1999 you beat us because of a mistake by Given that cost him his FA Cup Final place. Campbell got the goal.

During the season in question (02-03), you were 0-1 up with 86 on the clock at St James'. Took two very late goals for the win.

Shearer's volley?

On the subject of Bellamy. I watched the 02-03 DVD earlier this evening.

He's basically responsible for more than half of our goals - especially the game-turning ones. Incredible player. Absolutely incredible.

Aye I watched it a few weeks ago. Great watch, and you're right it was ridiculous how many goals he was involved in.

Wonder how that squad would do now, would it get CL with the the likes of City about? Doubt it like, still, the only half decent toon side I've been around to experience.

Honestly? I think we'd get 4th.

In fact, i'm absolutely convinced of it.

Come to think of it, this season gone we definitely would have.

That'll be Shearer's volley. Although what stays with me from that match was Bellamy's fluke goal for the winner, didn't it take 2 massive deflections? May have completely exaggerated that mind/made it up.

Shearer's volley?

Yes, and a bit of magic from Bellamy.

And yes, a big deflection off that asian lad.

I do remember Campbell scoring late on in a 0-1 robbery. That may have been 2000.

There was a 3-1 win for us with Campbell in the 1st minute, think that was the year before. But the years that followed were pretty barren trips.

I do remember Campbell scoring late on in a 0-1 robbery. That may have been 2000.

There was a 3-1 win for us with Campbell in the 1st minute.

Aye. Given just about chucked it in. Got loads of sarcastic applause every time he touched the ball from that point on.

Shearer's volley?

:smitten:

"It's going to take something special to beat Richard Wright today..."

Although this is the goalkeeper who, upon recovering from falling out of his attic, injured himself at Chelsea by falling over a sign in the penalty area saying "Do not warm up in the penalty area."

"It's going to take something special to beat Richard Wright today..."

Although this is the goalkeeper who, upon recovering from falling out of his attic, injured himself at Chelsea by falling over a sign in the penalty area saying "Do not warm up in the penalty area."

That's who I was thinking of when Dave posted the article about stupid football injurIes!!

Cheers.

That'll be Shearer's volley. Although what stays with me from that match was Bellamy's fluke goal for the winner, didn't it take 2 massive deflections? May have completely exaggerated that mind/made it up.

Think it went down as a Li Tie own goal in the end. Absolutely wild. I feel sorry for the family who were to the right of me who left after 81 minutes declaring the game "shit. we're not coming back for a while".

Ridiculous that Li Tie or at a push (China captain) Zheng Zhiyi have been the best Chinese players we've seen in the Premiership.

What happened to that Chinese player who was with Man U?

Ridiculous that Li Tie or at a push (China captain) Zheng Zhiyi have been the best Chinese players we've seen in the Premiership.

Sun Jihai racked up a lot of appearances for a few clubs in England in his time like.

Guest Heneage

What happened to that Chinese player who was with Man U?

Dong was playing in Portugal on back of a recommendation from Ronaldo, Wiki now says he is in the Armenian Premier League.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

On the subject of Bellamy. I watched the 02-03 DVD earlier this evening.

He's basically responsible for more than half of our goals - especially the game-turning ones. Incredible player. Absolutely incredible.

I watch the 02-03 season review the most out of any season dvd I've got, superb stuff.

• 2 months later...

Just removed this from NWOAT as thought it would be better off in a Bellamy thread.

Extremely long (hence not posting it as well) but extremely interesting article on Bellamy in the telegraph. Touches on a lot of his time at Newcastle, including his relationships with Kluivert and Karelse (!), most of the things that have led to his reputation (including the Carver incident), why he fell out with Mancini, where he might go next and the Craig Bellamy Foundation.

Well worth investing 5-10 minutes in reading this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8624209/Full-interview-Craig-Bellamy-on-leaving-Manchester-City-for-Cardiff-City-and-his-colourful-life-in-and-out-of-football.html