Players to look out for this World Cup

Keefaz

forgot to mention Jorge "El Mago" Valdivia....one of Chile's most gifted players....currently playing in the middle east so will surely be on the move if he has a decent World Cup.

Mauricio Isla also too is worth looking out for...

One day I'll list the nicknames for all the Chilean footballers. They're just great. Too late now.

no that was Villanueva and tbf he hardly got a chance......

maybe he hardly got a chance for the same reason i didn't get a chance. ie the powers that be decided neither of us were good enough.

this should go in the pet hate thread. get half a dozen football fans of the same club together and at least one fo them will come out with this sort of stuff "player X should be given a chance, we'll never know until he's had a chance"

hey i'll tell you what, over 99% of the population haven't had a chance at playing at the top level, should give them all a chance. the real reason i never made it isn't that i wasn't good enough it's just that i wasn't given the chance so i guess we'll just never know.

no that was Villanueva and tbf he hardly got a chance......

maybe he hardly got a chance for the same reason i didn't get a chance. ie the powers that be decided neither of us were good enough.

this should go in the pet hate thread. get half a dozen football fans of the same club together and at least one fo them will come out with this sort of stuff "player X should be given a chance, we'll never know until he's had a chance"

hey i'll tell you what, over 99% of the population haven't had a chance at playing at the top level, should give them all a chance. the real reason i never made it isn't that i wasn't good enough it's just that i wasn't given the chance so i guess we'll just never know.

Couldn't have been less suited to playing for Blackburn if he tried.

Always liked and thought Bastian Schweinsteiger was canny. Would love to see Jonas do well.

Schweinsteiger's been bigged up for the last three tournaments. Still hasn't really set the world on fire.

Guest Heneage

Villanueva seemed way too technical for a Blackburn side. I imagine he had a sore neck from watching the ball bypass midfield.

Villanueva seemed way too technical for a Blackburn side. I imagine he had a sore neck from watching the ball bypass midfield.

remember him being stuck in the team to play at Blyth in the cup, scored a decent free-kick IIRC but the game completely went over his head (literally) otherwise

remember him being stuck in the team to play at Blyth in the cup, scored a decent free-kick IIRC but the game completely went over his head (literally) otherwise

haha, I watched that too.. Villanueva is a good playmaker, he's just too small for the Premier League

Guest Heneage

Can someone say something good about some Paraguay players please?  :lol:

All shite tbh, struggle to make it in league 2.

They have some quality in midfield, Riveros who's a bit of a work horse is canny as is Baretto. Strongest up front mind you, I think Cardozo and Barrios will start.

All shite tbh, struggle to make it in league 2.

They have some quality in midfield, Riveros who's a bit of a work horse is canny as is Baretto. Strongest up front mind you, I think Cardozo and Barrios will start.

They are my second seeded team as well.  :lol:

At the 2002 World Cup they had this goalkeeper (Chilavere or something like that was his name) who had a great goal record from free-kicks and penalties.  :lol:

Their last 2 results have been decent? Well, when compared to the previous dross anyway.

2 June: Greece 0-2 Paraguay (Friendly)

30 May: Paraguay 2-2 Ivory Coast (Friendly)

25 May: Ireland 2-1 Paraguay (Friendly)

15 May: Paraguay 1-0 North Korea (Friendly)

31 March: Paraguay 1-1 South Africa (Friendy)

18 November: Netherlands 0-0 Paraguay (Friendly)

13 November: Paraguay 0-2 Qatar (Friendly)

15 October: Paraguay 0-2 Colombia (WCQ)

Roque Santa Cruz is dreamy.

forgot about him, surely so off form he can't be considered a real threat can he?

Roque Santa Cruz is dreamy.

forgot about him, surely so off form he can't be considered a real threat can he?

Might not play. Paraguay have suprising depth upfront - Cardozo of Benfica, Barrios of Dortmund and RSC.

Their best striker got shot in the head a few months ago and misses out unfortunately.

<----- This bloke, Josh Kennedy

Will play up front alone for Australia and will take the physical battle right up to the German and Serbian centre halves.

A target man who scores goals, unlike Marko Viduka...