Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

England striker Wayne Rooney:   

"Last night, on reflection I said things in the heat of the moment that came out of frustration of both our performance and the result. For my part I apologise for any offence caused by my actions at the end of the game."

He doesn't know these words.

Guest sicko2ndbest

FULL STATEMENT FROM ROONEY

Wayne Rooney said: "I am as passionate about the England team as anyone. Last night, on reflection I said things in the heat of the moment that came out of frustration of both our performance and the result.

"The most important thing now is to regroup be positive and work towards winning the game on Wednesday. To do this the players will need the support of the fans more than ever.

"For my part I apologise for any offence caused by my actions at the end of the game."

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2010/Rooney1906

Back to last night, i dunno how Rooney had the nerve to make that comment. It was a spineless, humiliating and pathetic performance. You wait 4 years for this to come around and then can't even be bothered to beat Algeria. They looked like they were in a trance and needed snapping out of it. Whether it was nerves, lack of confidence or just general shitness, that performance was completely undefendable. They're gonna get crucified but they deserve everything they get.

Rooney is blatantly getting sent off and will receive Beckham-like hate, though. If they go out on Wednesday (which I doubt), then the next manager will have to blood together a 'new generation England'. The problem being that they're nowhere near international quality yet. So it could be a barren few (more) years for England.

Still beat Slovenia though :thup:

EDIT: Apology isnt good enough. The twat!

FULL STATEMENT FROM ROONEY

Wayne Rooney said: "I am as passionate about the England team as anyone. Last night, on reflection I said things in the heat of the moment that came out of frustration of both our performance and the result.

"The most important thing now is to regroup be positive and work towards winning the game on Wednesday. To do this the players will need the support of the fans more than ever.

"For my part I apologise for any offence caused by my actions at the end of the game."

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2010/Rooney1906

What about his performance especially in the last 15 mins when he clearly couldn't give a fuck and was in a massive strop? As far as I'm concerned he can say what he likes, the apology should have come for the blatant disrespect for the shirt and team mates. His whole attitude stunk for the majority of the game.

Back to last night, i dunno how Rooney had the nerve to make that comment. It was a spineless, humiliating and pathetic performance. You wait 4 years for this to come around and then can't even be bothered to beat Algeria. They looked like they were in a trance and needed snapping out of it. Whether it was nerves, lack of confidence or just general shitness, that performance was completely undefendable. They're gonna get crucified but they deserve everything they get.

Rooney is blatantly getting sent off and will receive Beckham-like hate, though. If they go out on Wednesday (which I doubt), then the next manager will have to blood together a 'new generation England'. The problem being that they're nowhere near international quality yet. So it could be a barren few (more) years for England.

Still beat Slovenia though  :thup:

EDIT: Apology isnt good enough. The twat!

The identity of the next manager isn't the important factor though, and I fear it won't matter who it is: we need to catch up and change our culture of how football is taught and developed.

Regarding the game, I don't want to go into too much detail because I guess everything has already been said. Just an embarrassment.

I think far to many people think its a deeper issue than it is.

There is a reason we are in the top 10 in the world.

Something obviously has changed now theyre in the world cup. It isnt due to them not knowing the basics of football atall.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Still beat Slovenia though  :thup:

EDIT: Apology isnt good enough. The t***!

Ive looked at 100s of photos today from last nights game and it is very obvious to me the players are too intense. This is Capellos doing with his strict regime, They need to let go.

Capellos strength of discipline, autonomy and regidity is proving to be the teams weakness as it is not allowing our flair players to flourish. Capello needs to let go of the reins for Wednesday and listen to the thoughts of Rooney and Gerrard our most influential players about how to get the best out of our attack.

Not one player looked like they were enjoying it last night, not one, at any point in the game!

Think the Aussies would take a draw, although the commentators seem to think its a must win for them

All we (Australia) need to do now is beat a decent Serbia side, and hope an ordinary Ghana can beat a wounded Germany. So it really was a must win for us...

That said, swap Kewell for Cahill and Moore for Beauchamp and we're improved already. Then if Pim can bear to drop his colossally shite golden boy (Holman) for Kennedy then we've got a chance of doing our part.

What a frustrating match that was! I really didn't think Ghana offered much until the (110% correct) red card, and then we were up against it. There were some positives - Wilkshire was our best player again, and Bresciano was SO much better than Richard fucking Garcia was in the first game.

Harry Goddamned Motherfucking Kewell :angry:

Republica Del Mundial!  The Mexican channel girls are back!  The best part of this World Cup by a mile. 

:lol: I couldn't f***ing wait for the game to end.

Germany is now Mexico, Argentina is Paraguay, and Mexico is Team USA.  You must be thrilled Mike.

Republica Del Mundial!  The Mexican channel girls are back!  The best part of this World Cup by a mile. 

:lol: I couldn't f***ing wait for the game to end.

Germany is now Mexico, Mexico is Paraguay, and Mexico is Team USA.  You must be thrilled Mike.

:lol: Mexico is perfect, man. USA top just makes it seem excessive. Paraguay top nice on Argentina, though. Still. Mexico, man. :smitten:

Pleasure to watch Ghana with their free flowing football, players taking on players, no fear of having a shot from range.. all good except they tend to go to sleep at the back from time to time.

Zonal Marking (http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/19/england-0-0-algeria-tactics/) making a case for playing Carrick.

Disappointingly, Capello had a warning about this three months ago. England’s friendly against Egypt at Wembley saw them playing a North African side that used a 3-4-2-1 formation. They had less possession of the ball and were deservedly 0-1 down at half-time, when Michael Carrick came on and was by far the best player on the pitch. He transformed the game, resulting in a 3-1 England win – he would have been perfect tonight.

The case for Carrick’s inclusion has been argued on this site before and doesn’t need to be repeated, but some quotes from Xabi Alonso this week made for interesting reading:

“John Terry, Stevie Gerrard and Wayne Rooney are the obvious names when you think of the important players for England…if they are on top of their game and if Carrick plays, because for me he is a top player, then England will have a chance. If Carrick plays for the national team the way that he does for Manchester United, then it would be very good news for England. I think that he could easily fit in the Spanish system because I really like the way he plays. He reads the game so well, he is always ahead of what is going to happen and he is always in the right position. When he gets the ball, he plays it easy and he is available to his team-mates all the time. For me, he has the profile to play for Barcelona or any of the Spanish teams. He would also be very complimentary to Stevie.”

England plainly can’t even vaguely control a game with two central midfielders – so there’s a need for a third, and that third man is Carrick. He is alarmingly off-form at club level, but should that matter if the player is being brought in to play a specific role in the side to bring the best out of others? Capello clearly doesn’t think so, considering Heskey’s place in the side.

Pleasure to watch Ghana with their free flowing football, players taking on players, no fear of having a shot from range.. all good except they tend to go to sleep at the back from time to time.

I too have enjoyed watching Ghana, North Korea strangely enough is another who I'm looking forward to watching again and Chile...