Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

'When you talk about the top corner, that is the top corner'

Cheers, Mark.

Wasn't even that close to the top corner. :lol:

Shabbalalalalalaalalalaa's goal was moreso.

Was the '86 WC ruined by the hand of God?

Was the '06 WC ruined by Grosso diving to win a penalty for 10-man Italy to beat the Aussies?

etc. etc.

In time, these mistakes fade into the background because a football match is 90 minutes long; if a team's good enough they usually show it.

Yet both those teams needed those two decisive incidents to go their way in order to win.

True. That's why I mentioned these two incidents. The fact is, though, that no one feels either of those WCs was any less enjoyable because of those two incidents. I don't know anyone who has said either WC was shit because of the bad refereeing decisions.

These things fade after a bit of time. As long as there isn't a major fuckup in the final or the semi-final, whichever team that wins the WC will deserve it, and that's all that you can ask really.

After the first round of matches, the players certainly seem to be getting used to the ball, and there haven't been as many complaints since then

Aye, thought the same today when watching the England game. Seems to be lots more players going near, striking the frame of the goal or hitting the target from range now.

Was the '86 WC ruined by the hand of God?

Was the '06 WC ruined by Grosso diving to win a penalty for 10-man Italy to beat the Aussies?

etc. etc.

In time, these mistakes fade into the background because a football match is 90 minutes long; if a team's good enough they usually show it.

Yet both those teams needed those two decisive incidents to go their way in order to win.

True. That's why I mentioned these two incidents. The fact is, though, that no one feels either of those WCs was any less enjoyable because of those two incidents. I don't know anyone who has said either WC was shit because of the bad refereeing decisions.

These things fade after a bit of time. As long as there isn't a major fuckup in the final or the semi-final, whichever team that wins the WC will deserve it, and that's all that you can ask really.

Blatter loves that the memories fade, that's why this sport will never get replay.

Like you, Your beloved Patriots needed replay to keep that fumble vs Oakland, iirc. Did that change anything for the next...ten fucking years?

Wow... we have a winner for goal of the tourny!

Suarez or Honda still, imo.

The Italian bloke versus Slovakia for me

Villa's was easily better than Suarez's.

What does that have to do with the Italian goal against Slovakia?

In response to the post before yours.

In response to the post before yours.

Ah, thought it would be easier to quote that one then. Got me a bit confused