Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is very random, and most likely mentioned previsouly but having seen Patrick Kluivert being interviewed, I glanced at his Wiki page. This was at the bottom of his "Personal" information.

"On 24 September 2007, Kluivert's wife Rosanna Lima gave birth to a baby boy, named Titus Bramble in honour of his former strike partner"

:lol:

wtf :lol:

This is very random, and most likely mentioned previsouly but having seen Patrick Kluivert being interviewed, I glanced at his Wiki page. This was at the bottom of his "Personal" information.

"On 24 September 2007, Kluivert's wife Rosanna Lima gave birth to a baby boy, named Titus Bramble in honour of his former strike partner"

wtf :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/jul/09/world-cup-2010-tactics-the-question

Mint article, which more or less coincides with my current thoughts on football trends. Although he is wrong in saying that Spain plays like Barcelona, Del Bosque is far more cautious than Guardiola. Which is probably a reaction on how 90% of theams play against us.

Interesting article, thanks for that, though I think sometimes our obsession with numbers and lines can hamper our understanding of how a team is organised. (I'm also a bit surprised that you said that Spain don't play like Barca, because to me they look very similar.)

Just observe the amount of players Barça breaks with, instead of the 3-4 Spain usually puts forward, which frustrates the hell out of me.

Barça play with only one deep lying midfielder (Busquets), instead of two (Busquets/Alonso). This allows one extra central midfielder pushing into attacking positions and drawing defenders and thus creating space for others. To compensate for the relative lack of men in the defensive area of midfield, our defence line also pushes higher to help press the opposition and give more quick transitions to attack since we win the ball back closer to their goal.

Of course, we are much more vulnerable to counterattacks than this Spanish side, but at the same time more incisive.

I take your point, though it sounds more like a question of emphasis rather than style.

Where I think the challenge lies for that intricate passing style is when it comes to the main striker. He's got to be technically good enough to join in those sorts of movements, but ideally would also have the physical presence to put all sorts of chances away in the box. There's not many who fulfil both criteria, though Torres is one. Barca were hoping that Ibrahimovic would be the answer, but it looks like he's been a disappointment. Likewise, I don't think Bendtner or even Van Persie can solve the problem for Arsenal.

It's interesting that despite your quality throughout the side, you've won the last three games only 1-0. Although there's no question that you're the best side, that still leaves you a bit vulnerable.

Reckon Spain will shade it but it would be good for Holland to win as they won all their qualifiers and have subsequently won all their games at the tournament proper.

Would love Holland to win it. Think alot, including myself, didn't really give them a chance this year when they're actually quite an underrated team.

And since Spain were clear favourites from the off, it'd be nice if the 'underdog' won it.

Reckon Spain will shade it but it would be good for Holland to win as they won all their qualifiers and have subsequently won all their games at the tournament proper.

im a bit torn, would like to see Spain- but after Holland brought some great sides in 70/80s think it could be thier time.

What would make it a great game for me was if both teams just adopted a 'ah fuck it' mentality and just went out all guns blazing, attacking, counter attacking, end to end, the lot - Holland winning 6-5.

What would make it a great game for me was if both teams just adopted a 'ah fuck it' mentality and just went out all guns blazing, attacking, counter attacking, end to end, the lot - Holland winning 6-5.

Aye, can definitely see that happening. :lol: (I know you weren't saying it would mind).

Spain to score early, please, bring the Dutch out of their shell and push them to attack.

Aye, can definitely see that happening. :lol: (I know you weren't saying it would mind).

Spain to score early, please, bring the Dutch out of their shell and push them to attack.

Problem with that is I can see Spain just keeping the ball and trying to play the game out.

What would make it a great game for me was if both teams just adopted a 'ah f*** it' mentality and just went out all guns blazing, attacking, counter attacking, end to end, the lot - Holland winning 6-5.

Problem with that is I can see Spain just keeping the ball and trying to play the game out.

I agree. An early Holland goal or two will force Spain to chase the game, which will open it all up and prove for an exciting spectacle!

Hope Spain molest the Dutch tonight. Only Robben is worthy of lifting the World Cup - the rest are donkeys, cheats, or vastly overrated egotistical twats. Sneijder especially annoys me, scoring jammy/s*** goals and celebrating like a c*** with his midget bald face turning orange and that silly wristband he wears being highlighted by his goal celebrations. Kuyt also, ugly b******, plays s***, no skill, constantly loses the ball, but gets a crappy assist and points to the cameras as though saying "f*** yeah, I'm world class, I created this goal, now give me the praise I deserve". Deserves a bucket of digested orange s*** more like. And Robben/Van Persie running around with their arms outstretched like tweety pie makes me want to staple their arms to their sides. And van Bommel is such a snide c***, he's like Jens Lehman's younger brother but ten times the c*** Lehman is, as though he's learnt from the master himself. Watching that lot lift the World Cup would be painful.

On the Spanish side, we have Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta, Villa, Cassillas, Pique - now they're all class, and deserve to win this. Sergio Busquets is the only overrated cuntflap in that team, but his camel face/body can be tolerated, whilst Xabi Alonso shouldn't be in the side based on his performances and general lack of usefulness so far but he's still a very good player. Sergio Ramos is an exceptionally thick footballer at times, but even then he still manages to be class with his athleticism/general competency.

http://www.iwantthatsign.com/WebRoot/BT2/Shops/BT4029/4B92/3034/1ABC/7332/A5EA/0A0A/33E7/1BE1/Come-on-Spain_h.jpg

Hope Spain molest the Dutch tonight. Only Robben is worthy of lifting the World Cup - the rest are donkeys, cheats, or vastly overrated egotistical twats. Sneijder especially annoys me, scoring jammy/s*** goals and celebrating like a c*** with his midget bald face turning orange and that silly wristband he wears being highlighted by his goal celebrations. Kuyt also, ugly b******, plays s***, no skill, constantly loses the ball, but gets a crappy assist and points to the cameras as though saying "f*** yeah, I'm world class, I created this goal, now give me the praise I deserve". Deserves a bucket of digested orange s*** more like. And Robben/Van Persie running around with their arms outstretched like tweety pie makes me want to staple their arms to their sides. And van Bommel is such a snide c***, he's like Jens Lehman's younger brother but ten times the c*** Lehman is, as though he's learnt from the master himself. Watching that lot lift the World Cup would be painful.

On the Spanish side, we have Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta, Villa, Cassillas, Pique - now they're all class, and deserve to win this. Sergio Busquets is the only overrated cuntflap in that team, but his camel face/body can be tolerated, whilst Xabi Alonso shouldn't be in the side based on his performances and general lack of usefulness so far but he's still a very good player. Sergio Ramos is an exceptionally thick footballer at times, but even then he still manages to be class with his athleticism/general competency.

http://www.iwantthatsign.com/WebRoot/BT2/Shops/BT4029/4B92/3034/1ABC/7332/A5EA/0A0A/33E7/1BE1/Come-on-Spain_h.jpg

Disagree with the first bit, Robben is the biggest cunt of the lot in that team. Sneijder deserves this trophy more than him, he's a class act.

I'll only know where my heart is when the game starts. Spain deserve it, but Holland have produced so many good sides over the years, and have made a big contribution to modern football.