Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who was the South Korean player who was playing RW or RWB yesterday? Was about a foot taller than the rest of his team.

http://www.donga.com/photo/news/200906/200906180230.jpg

Just wanted to elaborate a bit more on one of my personal legends :lol:

Du-Ri Cha is a bit of a cult hero over here. He's a complete freak of nature: an Asian with the speed of Martins and the strength of Drogba (runs the 100m in under 11 seconds, has actually tussled shoulder-to-shoulder with Drogba and knocked him over.) Just one thing: he cannot play football. At all.

If he had even an ounce of aptitude for the game he probably would have been the greatest striker to ever wear a Korea shirt, instead he got shunted out to fullback midway through his career because his club manager realized that was the position where he'd be able to use his speed and strength while doing the least damage to the team as a whole.

It's a bit mental at South Korea home games. We cheer whenever he picks up the ball, cheer whenever he steamrolls over an entire flank and runs through onto goal, and cheer even louder when he inevitably f***s it up in the most comical fashion imaginable. Absolute legend (and he'll be marking Messi by the way)

Would love it for us to sign him :lol:

I though it crazy that Capello was given an extension prior to the world cup. So far it's not looking good for him. All his decisions seemed to go wrong.

In spite of all that, we only missed out on winning because our goalkeeper threw the ball into his own net.

I though it crazy that Capello was given an extension prior to the world cup. So far it's not looking good for him. All his decisions seemed to go wrong.

In spite of all that, we only avoided winning because our goalkeeper threw the ball into his own net.

:lol: He didn't throw it. It was such a powerful strike that he couldn't handle it. It took him into the net as well, iirc. It was like watching Shaolin Soccer. Looked like CGI.

Andre Ayew and Anthony Annan would be very good signings for a Premier League club looking to spend.

Both are at great ages and would be picked up for less than 5m for the two of them.

:weep:

I'd love us to go after Annan after seeing more of him. He'd add so much dynamism to our midfield it's unreal.

Forget about every player who does only half-well at the world cup. Their price-tag will rise up dramatically.

Cha Du Ri

Cheers. Was he wearing some other name on the back of his shirt?

I think all the korean names were mushed together and in caps, so it would've been DURI. I think.

:thup:

Explains why i've been struggling to find out about him.

In spite of all that, we only missed out on winning because our goalkeeper threw the ball into his own net.

Still had a full half of football do do something about the score and you failed too. If Joe Cole had been put on, or even Defoe at some point, your chances would have been far greater. From a coaching standpoint I felt it was a really poor performance. Don't understand why Rob green was picked in the first place. James is the most experienced and Hart is the most in form and neither of the two were picked.

This awful Shakira song is growing on me.

I went from hating it to really liking it. It was freaky.

I find that Shakira songs are better if you can see her singing them.

This awful Shakira song is growing on me.

I went from hating it to really liking it. It was freaky.

I find that Shakira songs are better if you can see her singing them.

This is true.

Still had a full half of football do do something about the score and you failed too. If Joe Cole had been put on, or even Defoe at some point, your chances would have been far greater. From a coaching standpoint I felt it was a really poor performance. Don't understand why Rob green was picked in the first place. James is the most experienced and Hart is the most in form and neither of the two were picked.

I wasnt disappointed so much the amount of chances we created. Lennon, SWP, Heksey were all put into very good goal scoring positions. Its natural and easy to say "player X" would have scored but its bloody annoying that 3 different players wasted good scoring opportunities. Heskey's in particular had me raging - smacking it straight at the keeper when clean through is unforgivable in my book.

God I hate Alexi Lalas.  Stupid ginger clown.  Shut up about Tim Howard ffs.

It doesn't make sense how far ahead of the competition Univision is.

O0  I'm switching.  It's really a question of how you want to spend the time between matches.  Latina chicas dancing > Alexi Lalas talking.