Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

Best tournaments Ive seen for exciting games were USA 94 and the Euros in 2000.

I think it's a case of teams being terrified to lose the first game and keeping things tight leading to dull and unimaginative low scoring games.

The vevezulas are annoying but you can't really ban them when they're part of African culture.

But they aren't a part of African culture, that's the point. They're a cheap, mass marketed piece of crap that's only been around the last 20 years or so and, most importantly, are shit.

I'm starting to believe more and more it's the ball that is ruining this World Cup - it's impossible for any rhythm or tempo to be created in these games.

I've played with the ball and it's not that bad.  It plays like normal.  I mean, due to the rules there is only a 2oz window for ball weight anyway.

It must be the altitude then, because the amount of overhit crosses and passes is just obscene. I'm sounding like a broken record here but it's genuinely annoying me.

Possibly, you can kick the ball further at altitude. Tis why the goalkicker for the Springboks is so deadly in SA.

The tournament has been pretty poor.

Ignore the Germany game, own goals & keeper errors & we've had 9 normal goals in 9 games. Of those you're talking only Englands, Koreas 2nd, South Africas & Argentinas goals not being tap ins from 5 yards out.

The first few games are always very tentative aren't they?

Whey that's what I'm telling myself. Never this bad though I'm sure, the goal average is currently lower than all the World Cups at the same stage - including Italia 90' which was regarded as one of the dullest WCs (in terms of overall goals/entertainment) ever.

Euro 2008 had me gripped by this point.

I loved Euro 2008, Holland/France. :smitten:

The tournament has been pretty poor.

Ignore the Germany game, own goals & keeper errors & we've had 9 normal goals in 9 games. Of those you're talking only Englands, Koreas 2nd, South Africas & Argentinas goals not being tap ins from 5 yards out.

ha! was just saying the same, underwhelming is the word so far

even the fixtures don't excite me - i haven't looked at a game so far and thought i have to see that (except england)

I hope Italy get beat here just to show up Lippi for being an idiot with his selections.

Only on an internet forum could somebody put down the acumen of a WC winner. :lol:

I still think he's got it all wrong though.

I like it when all the players of both sides know their national anthem. Pisses me off with England sometimes when they just stand there, sing your anthem and show some pride!