Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm actually looking forward to Nigeria vs. Argentina. Got a feeling it will be a veeerrryyyy attacking game...

Aye, should be canny. Will be interesting to see if, and how quickly, Argentina click.

And, without knowing the full Nigeria squad and possibly being slightly racist, Nigeria should have a very athletic and attacking team to take advantage in the case they do not click...

Loved that match watching the French team struggle makes great TV in SpenceHq.

Jezza Toulalan  :mackems:  is just f***ing abysmal, I am not joking when I say I would rather have Smith.

Thought he was their best player (with Sagna). However, I say this all the time and I always get shot down (friends, forumites etc) so you're probably right.

Loved that match watching the French team struggle makes great TV in SpenceHq.

Jezza Toulalan  :mackems:  is just f***ing abysmal, I am not joking when I say I would rather have Smith.

Thought he was their best player (with Sagna). However, I say this all the time and I always get shot down (friends, forumites etc) so you're probably right.

No, you're right, Toulalan was about the only one that showed up for France today.

You serious Spence? Thought he was one of their better players. Gourcuff did well first half, Diaby made some decent runs, Gignac looked handy (out of position) when he came on. Sagna got forward plenty.

Of course, in the grand scheme of things, it was atrocious.

On account of what I have seen from Nigeria these past 6 months, Argentina should tear them a new one.

From what I saw of all the West Africans in the ACoN they will all struggle up against a team that is merely cohesive and tactically sound.

You serious Spence? Thought he was one of their better players. Gourcuff did well first half, Diaby made some decent runs, Gignac looked handy (out of position) when he came on. Sagna got forward plenty.

Aye I thought Toulalan was good. Infact I've always been impressed when I've seen him play...

Mike man, you have a rather large stash of similarly themed avatars it seems. :lol:

:lol: I have no idea what the hell to do after tomorrow. I've spent half the year being a dick. I don't remember what kind of poster I used to be.

I thought Gourcuff was pretty poor, very ineffectual and absent for long stretches of the game. But again it may be me, every time he gets the ball behind the strikers I can't stop thinking that it used to be Zidane there.

I thought Gourcuff was pretty poor. But again it may be me, every time he gets the ball behind the strikers I can't stop thinking that it used to be Zidane there.

Relatively he wasn't great, no, but I thought first half he was easily one of their best players - quality delivery, at least. Shame he's French.

Suprised there isn't a thread on vuvuzelas. Am I the only one who thought it was outrageous?

The noise really doesn't annoy me anymore tbh, I just tune them out completely for the most part.

What is bad and what somebody else mentioned in this thread is the way they destroy a proper atmosphere developing. Instead of chanting and the roar when a chance happens all you get is the constant droaning of the horns - it's boring if anything.

Exactly, which is why I hate it. I love the World Cup for the passion shown by the huge crowds, not just the football. When a shot goes close all that happens now is an increase of volume of these mindless pricks blowing them constantly.

Yeah agreed, not heard more than 1 different chant in each game, it's fucking shite. Glad we won't see another WC with those pieces of shite littering the stadium for a long, long time after this. Culture my arse.

Gourcuff has just lost his spark completely. Been like that since November pretty much.

Shame. As much as I'd like to see France fail horrifically, I'd like to do well personally.

Mike man, you have a rather large stash of similarly themed avatars it seems. :lol:

:lol: I have no idea what the hell to do after tomorrow. I've spent half the year being a dick. I don't remember what kind of poster I used to be.

You've gone too far now. You can't go back. Just enjoy the moment when Emile William Ivanhoe Heskey slots home the 5th.

You've gone too far now. You can't go back. Just enjoy the moment when Emile William Ivanhoe Heskey slots home the 5th.

:smitten: That reminds me of a certain game...

By the way, our flat when we heard that Heskey had injured Ferdinand joked that he probably fell on him or something equally daft. Yet that's exactly what happened, fucking hell. :lol:

I wonder if them horn things will be so loud and obvious when a team with a large support plays. The England v USA game is likely to be the game with biggest foreign support in the whole tournament so hopefully we might actually get some singing. It'd not be the same without GSTQ and that band.

Suppose they've got some use them.