Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They might still only need a draw if we don't get a few goals against Algeria.  All this draw has done is give Slovenia something to play for. 

They always have something to play for, they'll want to win the group like any other team.  The difference is if they'd won today they'd probably only need a draw to win the group.  I want Slovenia to need to win, makes then easier to break down.

If Ghana win, the prize for winning Group C could be a nice knockout game against Germany.  You don't have to be scared of Slovenia to realize that it's preferable to play a team who don't need a result. 

The flip side of Dave's argument is 'its fucking Slovenia - if you can't break them down when they don't need a fucking result then you might as well go home'

Christ, I hate this. You beat Algeria, and then England and Slovenia walk around the park eating fucking sandwiches for 90 minutes.

And Slovenia go home as long as you beat Algeria.

Christ, I hate this. You beat Algeria, and then England and Slovenia walk around the park eating fucking sandwiches for 90 minutes.

You'll still get above Slovenia if you get a better GD and beat Algeria.

Really, it's all up to you to do it tbh. As you get through with a win if one of England/Slovenia win, and you can get through with GD if it becomes a draw.

Keown: "He's holding his face, I don't know why"

Err that's cause he just smashed his face off the deck you daft t***!

Was not talking about the injured Slovenia player that went off?

Nah, he was talking about Dempsey.

And Slovenia go home as long as you beat Algeria.

You didn't see the first half, man.

Really trying to stay positive about this but I am honestly fucking gutted.  Football can be a cruel cruel game.

:lol: I'm fucking devastated, man. Sports shouldn't be able to do this to a person. Just shaking my head.

I mean...what was wrong with that goal? What did he even think he saw? Why not ask a linesman? What happened? Jesus.

Guest firetotheworks

Nothings set in stone yet. Bad result for you lot, but who knows whats going to happen. I know that's obvious, but especially after the matches today.

They might still only need a draw if we don't get a few goals against Algeria.  All this draw has done is give Slovenia something to play for. 

They always have something to play for, they'll want to win the group like any other team.  The difference is if they'd won today they'd probably only need a draw to win the group.  I want Slovenia to need to win, makes then easier to break down.

If Ghana win, the prize for winning Group C could be a nice knockout game against Germany.  You don't have to be scared of Slovenia to realize that it's preferable to play a team who don't need a result. 

We can't look at things based on who we don't want to play "lets finish second because Ghana might finish top", we don't even know for sure who will finish where, we should just be looking to win the group.  As I said Slovenia will never have nothing to play for IMO, all that can change is what they have to play for, and I'd feel much more comfortable if they had to come out and play us.  Obviously we disagree.

two bad refs today and up til today really the refs have been fairly good

Just as 2 off the top of my head, not see the Cahill red card or the Germany-Serbia game?

The problem with the non-goal is that he was looking directly at Bocanegra who was man-handling his dude, although it was totally 50/50.  If he were looking at anyone else it would've stood.

And pretty much every other American in there was being man handled by a Slovenian.

Glad they got back, much rather USA went through than Slovenia. We need to bum Algeria in the face now. Random point, but I hate the American badge, so tacky.

Better than the Slovenian badge that looks like an Olympic logo.