Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Uruguay is nothing special.

They played France for a draw, beat a poor South Africa, and took a Mexican side that had their tactics all wrong-- starting Blanco (WTF?). The poorest South American team in the tournament.

i think uruguay would beat paraguay and chile tbh. they've got some good players like forlan, perreria, saurez, lugano, and are more physical/ruthless than those two.

Uruguay finished fifth in CONMEBOL qualification and had to beat Costa Rica in a playoff to qualify.  They drew with Chile twice, lost to and drew Paraguay.

Uruguay is nothing special.

They played France for a draw, beat a poor South Africa, and took a Mexican side that had their tactics all wrong-- starting Blanco (WTF?). The poorest South American team in the tournament.

i think uruguay would beat paraguay and chile tbh. they've got some good players like forlan, perreria, saurez, lugano, and are more physical/ruthless than those two.

Uruguay finished fifth in CONMEBOL qualification and had to beat Costa Rica in a playoff to qualify.  They drew with Chile twice, lost and tied Paraguay.

argentina did shit in qualifying... i wouldnt read that much into it.

Thought Altidore was outstanding for the USA today.

Thought he was killing us. Unbelievable miss.

Fantastic pace and power, and makes some surprisingly intelligent runs. However, he does seem like he doesn't take enough chances that come his way. Looks like a young Emile Heskey almost!

He's going to be great, imo. But he fell in love with the notion of beating the man in front of him and kept losing possession. Didn't make the pass when the pass was the best option. Three points heals all wounds, but he was killing me today.

Don't know where this idea that the US will beat Ghana is coming from. Ghana look a very disciplined side with some talent added into the mix, didn't watch the US today admittedly but they didn't look anything special in their first two games.

Almost glad we got Germany in a way, really cannot wait for that now. Can't call it either, they look a good side, but their defence can be got at quite easily. Hopefully Schweinsteiger is injured.

ghana look like a good side but they lack goalscorers and with some of the rookies in defence are liable to let one or two in each game. the US are a desperately average side but they are well organised at the back and in Dempsey and Donovan have two top class players.

You mean since the Gooch was dropped. I can't say our defense has ever looked particularly good.

was more talking about in relation to ghana. the african teams still look poor technically and tactically and rely too much on physical attributes, with possible exception of cameroon.

Guest Phil K

For the want of a 2nd goal, an easier route was lost.

Still, take it as it comes. The bigger they are the harder they fall etc (Never actually works that way, though does it ?)  :dontknow:  :cheesy:

Don't know where this idea that the US will beat Ghana is coming from. Ghana look a very disciplined side with some talent added into the mix, didn't watch the US today admittedly but they didn't look anything special in their first two games.

Almost glad we got Germany in a way, really cannot wait for that now. Can't call it either, they look a good side, but their defence can be got at quite easily. Hopefully Schweinsteiger is injured.

ghana look like a good side but they lack goalscorers and with some of the rookies in defence are liable to let one or two in each game. the US are a desperately average side but they are well organised at the back and in Dempsey and Donovan have two top class players.

You mean since the Gooch was dropped. I can't say our defense has ever looked particularly good.

was more talking about in relation to ghana. the african teams still look poor technically and tactically and rely too much on physical attributes, with possible exception of cameroon.

Did you see the game tonight? Thought Ghana got their tactics more a less spot on. Limited Germany and it took a special goal to break them down. They had a few chances too, that's really where they could with sharpening up.

Wouldn't read much into Uruguay looking good against poor sides. They're nothing special.

Will always have a chance with Forlan, Suarez and Cavani though.

The thing that really frustrated me about Mexico is that they had the pace and talent to dominate the midfield, put Uruguay on their backheels and take Forlan and company out of the game.... and then they go and start a couple of dinosaurs. Really poor decision by Aguirre. Group was there for the taking.

Did you see the game tonight? Thought Ghana got their tactics more a less spot on. Limited Germany and it took a special goal to break them down. They had a few chances too, that's really where they could with sharpening up.

only saw the 2nd half, but i thought they did okayish.

Not saying we'll beat them but bar the opening game, Germany have looked far from unbeatable.

They were crap by their standards today - if Ghana had a finisher they'd probably hve nicked it. In fact, the only reason they won the opening game was because the Aussies were utter crap.

Fucking women, weren't even watching. Then 'celebrated' the goal without looking at the screen.

One of my pet hates about the World Cup, people in pubs/Facebook who haven't got a fucking clue about football, acting like they're die-hard fans, screaming at anything and being annoying cunts.

Fucking women, weren't even watching. Then 'celebrated' the goal without looking at the screen.

The mother ruined about 3 promising attacks for us as she was watching it on terrestrial which was slightly ahead. Totally took the excitement out of Rooney hitting the post, Gerrard's chance etc. by groaning when they buggered it. Fucking doesn't watch any football all year then still manages to find a way to annoy me, typical.

One of my pet hates about the World Cup, people in pubs/Facebook who haven't got a fucking clue about football, acting like they're die-hard fans, screaming at anything and being annoying cunts.

Yeah, I had a much better time sitting in my own house watching it uninterrupted on glorious HD with only me shouting obscenities, it was great, and we won.

No more England pub games i think.

Yeah, I had a much better time sitting in my own house watching it uninterrupted on glorious HD with only me shouting obscenities, it was great, and we won.

Did you then update your Facebook?

A good choice. :thup:

The WC is a communal event though, a world wide event. It's supposed to bring us all together, in some small way. I'd much rather watch a WC game with a crowd rather than at home alone in my jammies.

Whatever it costs, buy Annan.

I was saying this long before the WC.

Not that it means anything. :lol:

Our scouts have been busy checking out Jlloyd Samuel  :iamatwat:

:-[