Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think sooner or later there will be an American player who uses the football as a personal expression in the way European and S. American players do. If they discover an American Zidane, they could become a power. At the moment, I wonder if the point of the sport is lost on a lot of US consumers.

It's the beauty of football, tbh. You take a piss poor country like Brazil and they are the best in the world at the game though US soccer must be better funded.

Irrelevant. Even in rich countries the best players grow up poor. Rich people are fat.

..and the fattest are americans.

ps You think we'll see more of Appiah?

Plenty of poor people in America and every other Western nations. The key s to get them in rich people's facilities when they are in their teens so they can polish their games. It's something we definitely don't do enough of in Africa.

Let's not forget Ghana are going about it without Essien.

It's the beauty of football, tbh. You take a piss poor country like Brazil and they are the best in the world at the game though US soccer must be better funded.

Irrelevant. Even in rich countries the best players grow up poor. Rich people are fat.

Plenty of poor people in America and every other Western nations. The key s to get them in rich people's facilities when they are in their teens so they can polish their games. It's something we definitely don't do enough of in Africa.

I'm not talking about poverty. I'm talking about the iconic view kids have of footballers in Brazil, in England, in Spain. You go into school and talk about it, relive it, play it when you have a spare five minutes. Kicking cans in the street. America hasn't got that yet.

I think sooner or later there will be an American player who uses the football as a personal expression in the way European and S. American players do. If they discover an American Zidane, they could become a power. At the moment, I wonder if the point of the sport is lost on a lot of US consumers.

There has to be that breakthrough player I agree and not gay looking Donovan with his chubby arse cheeks bubbling away as he runs.

Not any more. In the developed world, the poor are fat and the rich are skinny.

There has to be that breakthrough player I agree and not gay looking Donovan with his chubby arse cheeks bubbling away as he runs.

:lol: :lol: Parky is great today.

The problem with football in the US is tht it will never ever come close to baseball, basketball or the NFL. It may, one day, be as popular as Ice hockey but it's always going to be a minority sport. The best athletes that the US produces over the next 25 years will be still be competing in the MLB, NBA or the NFL.

The US will always do ok but they'll never come close to being the best.

T

Let's not forget Ghana are going about it without Essien.

Nigeria are also missing their best midfielder and best striker in qualifying. The Us are missing one of their best strikers and England are missing their best centreback. One injury cannot be a valid excuse in a sport where at least eleven play every match.

Truth be told, the American portrayal of football does nowt but piss me off. The cheap gimmicks they incorporate, the fundemental misunderstanding of the game and the supporters.....

Fantastic country, like. I love spending time over there, but I just want to shout 'shut the fuck up, dickhead' every single time I hear the word 'soccer' in that bloody 'burger and fries' accent.

So, i'm very glad they're out, I can go back to liking the USA as a country.

I can't help myself, gone to read the World Cup thread on Stormfront  ;D

Link us up man.

No can do...

Because of high visitor traffic, our servers are overloaded at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes.

:lol:

I can't help myself, gone to read the World Cup thread on Stormfront  ;D

Link us up man.

No can do...

Because of high visitor traffic, our servers are overloaded at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes.

:lol:

Fucking immigrants.

Guest Heneage

There was a best England XI on BBC just there. Linekar made it ahead of Shearer, can those who are old confirm if this is a fair inclusion?

You hugged Vito didn't you Ron?

You damn right I did, man. I towered over him and explained that this is how they make em in England (utter lie). He was most impressed.

I'm sure he was impressed by the fact that a random stranger was taller than him.

There was a best England XI on BBC just there. Linekar made it ahead of Shearer, can those who are old confirm if this is a fair inclusion?

Different players, like. Scored a fuck ton of goals, tbf.

Guest Heneage

Different players, like. Scored a f*** ton of goals, tbf.

If you had to pick?

You hugged Vito didn't you Ron?

You damn right I did, man. I towered over him and explained that this is how they make em in England (utter lie). He was most impressed.

I'm sure he was impressed by the fact that a random stranger was taller than him.

Kin ell, Baba. You're like the random stranger who wanders off from the local mental hospital and pisses on your plants.

Stop taking everything so seriously, man. I though Africans liked to kick back and enjoy life?

Different players, like. Scored a f*** ton of goals, tbf.

If you had to pick?

For England? Probably go for Lineker as well, tbh. In terms of pure goalscoring there's probably not many who can touch him. Still, you've got to be a bit sceptical about a player who never received a fucking card in his entire career.