Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest kingdawson

Every single black person on facebook/twitter is claiming to be Ghanaian   :facepalm:

What are you talking about you weird child. They're probably Africans. Africans are unified. Stop being a little knob.

Luis Suarez is a despicable cheating c***.

On par with Maradona and Thierry Henry that is.

I wouldn't go that far. He was caught, sent off and the rest was up to Gyan...

Ultimate sacrifice that paid off.

:nods: Can't really have a problem with it. He'd be a cheating c*** if the ref never saw it.

Man, looking at the Ghana fans. That "...It's over?" feeling you get when your team goes out. Christ it's the worst.

When Ronaldo stepped up in 2006.  That "this isn't happening" feeling.  God it's horrible.  Give me 1-4 hammering any day.

:sadnod: Much, much worse to lose at the end.

Guest je85

Regarding Suarez is it cheating? The way I see it  he used the rules and took the punishment, a professional foul. It's morally questionable but not cheating.

Luis Suarez is a despicable cheating cunt.

On par with Maradona and Thierry Henry that is.

He did what he had to do to give his team a chance. Any professional would have done the same imo.

Guest Roger Kint

Time for FIFA to review that law. (Gosh, isn't this tournament quite a revolution?)

In cricket, if the ball's going to hit the stumps and you stop it with your leg, you're OUT. You don't get a 'Free Hit.' You get the f--- out. It's a wicket.

In basketball, it's known as 'goaltending' and the basket is given.

In football, you get a penalty?! FFS. Regardless of whether that was a freekick or not, this brings another law into the spotlight. Of course, you'd need to rip and burn Hawk Eye from the cricket and tennis broadcasters' computers to prove the ball was actually going to go over the line and in. :razz:

:thup:

Actually i had this argument during last season. The 'penatly try' in rugby was my point that time though. Simply give it anyway and punish the player yellow/red whatever FIFA decide should happen.

Precisely. The attacking team clearly has done enough to score a goal. If it's stopped illegally, eject the b4stard and it counts as a goal. Suddenly you won't have South Americans (I'm looking at you, Nobby, at White Hart Lane) (although you were unlucky) (and I love you) going down with what CSI has taught us is known as 'defensive wounds' on the hands and fingers.

Guest Roger Kint

Why is Desailly Mr. Ghana anyway? He chose to be French.

Ironically the French players the past 20 years have set African football back more than anything else, the Desaillys may shout for them now but God knows what a massive name like his could have done back then. When you see how many from Ghana, Angola, Senegal etc that were top class and went for France its a shame imo.

Also, how clueless did Abreu look? When they took Cavani out I thought "good sub" since Cavani was pretty ineffectual, but then they probably played with 10 men.

He is or was their record scorer too, god knows how. Like a poor mans Heskey. Saying that he should have won a pen when Mensah tripped him and that pen :smitten: thats just cheeky.

Guest optimistic nit

actually really dissapointed ghana are out. played some really good football this tournement. its a piece of shit that they are out and i've still got to endure 2 matches involving the netherlands. hope uruaguay trash the cunts, although without suarez they probably wont.

Suarez went from zero to hero there imo. If he hadn't "saved" that it would have been over for Uruguay. If the penalty would have been in, he would have been slaughtered by the press I think.

So, he saved it, pen wasn't in = hero.  :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

As if anybody in the entire world in Suarez's position wouldn't have done the same thing...

This, you can argue all you want about cheating but in the exact same moment instinct takes over.

Also, I think the rule is fine. The way it played out at this ending seemed imperfect but we would open a big can of worms if we awarded automatic goals. Can be clear in this case, but it's not always going to be so clear that it was going in.

Also, I think the rule is fine. The way it played out at this ending seemed imperfect but we would open a big can of worms if we awarded automatic goals. Can be clear in this case, but it's not always going to be so clear that it was going in.

Aye, that's why I said FIFA would need to buy a HawkEye license and, you know, approve video / animated replays to determine each case.