Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Schweinsteiger's performance tonight reminds me of Parker's against Arsenal.

He's ran himself into the ground.

:nods: He's great.

We should......................

Only a daft cunt that knows nowt about football would want to bring him in man. Should sign an unknown Uruguayan instead.

Guest firetotheworks

Xavi is still >>>>>>>>> Iniesta, despite what Fifa say.

Both of their qualities aren't even worth debating really.

I know I am very late with this, but my goodness what a w***** Pedro is  :lol: :lol: :lol:

How does he play ahead of Silva and Navas for goodness sake?!

Torres had to smack him right there on the pitch.

Pedro had a good game tonight apart from that one on one, to be honest. He was by far Spain's best attacking player.

I don't know how anybody can label Iniesta as "gash" either, he's had a good tournament considering he's probably only 80% fit.

He hasn't had a good tournament. Was maybe harsh with the 'gash' but he's not performed well at all.

i know some folk haven't thought spain have played so well in this tournament but it could be that they keep the ball so well that other teams are very organised against them and are tacticaly very good....but it's very hard work and i don't think its coinicedence that their goals have come latish on.

Guest firetotheworks

Question:

Would Xavi be as effective if him and Iniesta swapped positions, so he is on the left?

Why would you even do such a thing?

Xavi and Iniesta are on par with each other, as central midfielders, for me. Iniesta is more versatile and you could argue that that makes him a better player.

With Hollands defence can only see Spain winning comfortably. Sneijder won't have much of the ball and Busquets will probably be all over him, which is one of their 3 potential match winners dealt with.

Question:

Would Xavi be as effective if him and Iniesta swapped positions, so he is on the left?

Could Iniesta do what Xavi does in terms of completely controlling every single game he plays in?

I've never seen him have anything other than a great game when he's played in the center.

I know I am very late with this, but my goodness what a w***** Pedro is  :lol: :lol: :lol:

How does he play ahead of Silva and Navas for goodness sake?!

Torres had to smack him right there on the pitch.

Pedro had a good game tonight apart from that one on one, to be honest. He was by far Spain's best attacking player.

I don't know how anybody can label Iniesta as "gash" either, he's had a good tournament considering he's probably only 80% fit.

In a sense Torres may be thanking Pedro for not releasing him, he could have just seal a place in the team on Sunday because of Pedro's blunder, if he had sent Torres through and Torres messed it up, like he's been doing all tournament, then he would be lucky to get off the bench, in a world cup final.

Question:

Could Iniesta do what Xavi does in terms of completely controlling every single game he plays in?

I've never seen him have anything other than a great game when he's played in the center.

I agree entirely that his best position is central midfield, when he can dovetail with Xavi rather than playing out wide. But even when they do partner each other in midfield they don't play the same roles to the team. Xavi is much more important to the way they play, I've said it before but he runs the show for them in terms of dictating possession and play. Iniesta is a better dribbler and has quicker feet, he has a slightly different skillset, but he couldn't control a game as consistently like Xavi does because I don't think he has anywhere near the same passing range or footballing brain. Iniesta is better in a more advanced midfielder role where his quick feet and incisive passing can be utilised more, while Xavi is better deeper.

Iniesta was injured for most of last season, and Barca still won the league. Take Xavi away for that length of time and I don't think they'd cope.