Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just to clarify, there isn't many people in Catalonia that aren't happy that Spain won, but they just won't drap themselves in Spanish flags and go to the streets and yell Viva España!. I don't think I would myself and I'm on the fucking Moon about the win.

so would of their been partying in barca last night, or is that just saved for when you beat your fiercest rivals

:facepalm:

Holland were a bunch of cynical, cheating c***s who don't deserve to be anywhere near winning a World Cup!

Should have ended that match with about 7 men.  They were a disgrace to the Cruyff/Van Basten eras who graced the game so beautifully.

As opposed to those wonderful, honest and loving Spanish...

Just to clarify, there isn't many people in Catalonia that aren't happy that Spain won, but they just won't drap themselves in Spanish flags and go to the streets and yell Viva España!. I don't think I would myself and I'm on the fucking Moon about the win.

so would of their been partying in barca last night, or is that just saved for when you beat your fiercest rivals

:lol:

There's bad grammar and there's bad grammar, that was a classic case of bad grammar.

Guest neesy111

There's bad grammar and there's bad grammar, that was a classic case of bad grammar.

??? I don't get it?

Guest neesy111

:unsure: I don't get it?

it was at myself

:unsure: I don't get it?

it was at myself

Capital 'I' at the start of a sentence please.

O0

This article misses one of the most key moments in Iniesta's early life. He was set to sign for Madrid since it was closer to Albacete, but his parents walked out of the deal when they saw the place they had assigned his son to live in (I used to live in the same area in Madrid, shitty dirty place full of crime and prostitution). They then went to Barcelona and when they saw La Masia they decided to sign for Barça instead.

Guest neesy111

This article misses one of the most key moments in Iniesta's early life. He was set to sign for Madrid since it was closer to Albacete, but his parents walked out of the deal when they saw the place they had assigned his son to live in (I used to live in the same area in Madrid, shitty dirty place full of crime and prostitution). They then went to Barcelona and when they saw La Masia they decided to sign for Barça instead.

And the rest is history as they say.....

Mind you he'd probably slip through the net at madrid, as quite a few have

Holland were a bunch of cynical, cheating cunts who don't deserve to be anywhere near winning a World Cup!

Should have ended that match with about 7 men.  They were a disgrace to the Cruyff/Van Basten eras who graced the game so beautifully.

That Dutch side of the Seventies could get stuck in as well, with players like Neeskens and Van Hanegem. The total football is what's remembered, but they were also a hard bunch, particularly the 1978 lot.

I actually think Webb handled the game last night as well as anyone reasonably could. I've seen suggestions that he 'lost control', but I actually don't think he did. A ref loses control when the players start to take the law into their own hands and I don't think it reached that point.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3050137/Punch-floors-pitch-invader.html

A NOTORIOUS pitch invader was floored with a single punch as he burst from the crowd - and ran at the solid gold World Cup trophy.

The man, thought to be "Jimmy Jump" - real name Jaume Marquet Cot - was felled by a security guard as he momentarily covered the Cup with a Catalan hat.

Barcelona fan Jump, 36, was carried down the tunnel past the astonished players and officials.

He faces two charges and a lengthy jail term.

The prankster has invaded stages and pitches around the world, and disrupted the Eurovision Song Contest in Norway earlier this year.

theres a quality picture there of the punch.

Holland were a bunch of cynical, cheating c***s who don't deserve to be anywhere near winning a World Cup!

That Dutch side of the Seventies could get stuck in as well, with players like Neeskens and Van Hanegem. The total football is what's remembered, but they were also a hard bunch, particularly the 1978 lot.

Neeskens :smitten:

Top10 flops of the WC

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/world-cup-2010/2010/07/12/2021800/top-10-flops-of-the-world-cup

9. Jonas Gutierrez (Argentina)

Oh Maradona, your selection policy should be one of the wonders of the world to behold. How the Newcastle man was Argentina's starting right-back no one could fathom and eventually not even coach Diego could stand his puzziling performances anymore. To quote a pundit: "he was so bad that even Maradona dropped him."

Bobby Gould on Talksport now telling us all that Spains passing game was no good and that what the British people want to see is the team get the ball into the box and create chances (i.e. long ball shite).

Fucking hell  :kinnear: :facepalm:

Bobby Gould on Talksport now telling us all that Spains passing game was no good and that what the British people want to see is the team get the ball into the box and create chances (i.e. long ball s****).

f***ing hell  :kinnear: :facepalm:

Christ! 

Gould actually said that?  My god, what do these twerps smoke?

Top10 flops of the WC

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/world-cup-2010/2010/07/12/2021800/top-10-flops-of-the-world-cup

9. Jonas Gutierrez (Argentina)

Oh Maradona, your selection policy should be one of the wonders of the world to behold. How the Newcastle man was Argentina's starting right-back no one could fathom and eventually not even coach Diego could stand his puzziling performances anymore. To quote a pundit: "he was so bad that even Maradona dropped him."

Not sure why Jonas is in there, he was asked to play a position thats not suited, so he did it for the team.    When he was dropped they went out.  Funny that!

Meh, I don't think anybody expected him to light up the competition, so hardly can call Jonás a flop. Maradona flopped more as a manager, did fuck all the first time his team faced adversity.

Exactly.

He had the best right back of all time as an option, but chose to ignore both him and Cambiasso.  2 players who were key to their team winning the domestic treble.  Instead, he picks someone who's just spent the season playing left wing in England's second division to play RB instead.

Bobby Gould on Talksport now telling us all that Spains passing game was no good and that what the British people want to see is the team get the ball into the box and create chances (i.e. long ball shite).

Fucking hell  :kinnear: :facepalm:

The fact that the British teams are incapable of doing either what Spain do or what he suggests presumably passed him by?

To be fair to England fans, the vast majority of them know that big changes need to happen and they also know not to listen to those senile fools on talksport. It's a station for neanderthals.

They say things purely to get a reaction and only the most moronic of people (Jamie Carragher) will give them the bites that they crave.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8812484.stm

World Cup 2010: Dutch tactics upset Johan Cruyff

Dutch football legend Johan Cruyff has launched a scathing attack on Netherlands' display in the World Cup final, deriding it as "anti-football".

The Dutch received nine yellow cards, and a red card for Johnny Heitinga, as they lost 1-0 to Spain in South Africa.

"Sadly, they played very dirty," Cruyff told Spanish newspaper El Periodico.

"This ugly, vulgar, hard, hermetic, hardly eye-catching, hardly football style... If with this they got satisfaction, fine, but they lost."

Cruyff was the symbol of 'Total Football', which earned the Dutch successive World Cup final appearances in 1974 and 1978.

Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk appeared to opt for pragmatism over style as he led the Oranje to a third final in South Africa, but the result was the same, as Andres Iniesta scored an extra-time winner for Spain.

But Sunday's game was also notable for Netherlands' surprisingly aggressive approach.

Cruyff, along with many others, believed Mark van Bommel and Nigel de Jong were lucky not to be sent off before half-time, Van Bommel for a tackle from behind on Iniesta and De Jong for kicking Xabi Alonso in the chest.

"They should have been down to nine immediately, then they made two [such] ugly and hard tackles that even I felt the damage," said the 63-year-old Cruyff.

"It hurts me that Holland chose an ugly path to aim for the title."

Cruyff brought his footballing philosophy to Barcelona in an eight-year spell as manager, and he is widely credited with the one-touch passing style still employed by the Catalan club, who provided the backbone of Spain's World Cup-winning squad.

However, in the Champions League semi-final last season, Pep Guardiola's side were upset by a defence-minded Inter Milan, coached by Jose Mourinho - a fact not lost on Cruyff.

"On Thursday they asked me from Holland 'Can we play like Inter? Can we stop Spain in the same way Mourinho eliminated Barca?'

"I said no, no way at all. I said no, not because I hate this style, I said no because I thought that my country wouldn't dare to and would never renounce their style. I said no because, without having great players like those of the past, the team has its own style.

"I was wrong. Of course I'm not hanging all 11 of them by the same rope, but almost. They didn't want the ball."

Cruyff also joined in the criticism of English referee Howard Webb, accusing him of being too soft with the players.

"A World Cup final deserves great refereeing and, above all, deserves a referee who dares to do everything it means to be a judge," he said.

:clap2:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8812484.stm

World Cup 2010: Dutch tactics upset Johan Cruyff

Dutch football legend Johan Cruyff has launched a scathing attack on Netherlands' display in the World Cup final, deriding it as "anti-football".

The Dutch received nine yellow cards, and a red card for Johnny Heitinga, as they lost 1-0 to Spain in South Africa.

"Sadly, they played very dirty," Cruyff told Spanish newspaper El Periodico.

"This ugly, vulgar, hard, hermetic, hardly eye-catching, hardly football style... If with this they got satisfaction, fine, but they lost."

Cruyff was the symbol of 'Total Football', which earned the Dutch successive World Cup final appearances in 1974 and 1978.

Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk appeared to opt for pragmatism over style as he led the Oranje to a third final in South Africa, but the result was the same, as Andres Iniesta scored an extra-time winner for Spain.

But Sunday's game was also notable for Netherlands' surprisingly aggressive approach.

Cruyff, along with many others, believed Mark van Bommel and Nigel de Jong were lucky not to be sent off before half-time, Van Bommel for a tackle from behind on Iniesta and De Jong for kicking Xabi Alonso in the chest.

"They should have been down to nine immediately, then they made two [such] ugly and hard tackles that even I felt the damage," said the 63-year-old Cruyff.

"It hurts me that Holland chose an ugly path to aim for the title."

Cruyff brought his footballing philosophy to Barcelona in an eight-year spell as manager, and he is widely credited with the one-touch passing style still employed by the Catalan club, who provided the backbone of Spain's World Cup-winning squad.

However, in the Champions League semi-final last season, Pep Guardiola's side were upset by a defence-minded Inter Milan, coached by Jose Mourinho - a fact not lost on Cruyff.

"On Thursday they asked me from Holland 'Can we play like Inter? Can we stop Spain in the same way Mourinho eliminated Barca?'

"I said no, no way at all. I said no, not because I hate this style, I said no because I thought that my country wouldn't dare to and would never renounce their style. I said no because, without having great players like those of the past, the team has its own style.

"I was wrong. Of course I'm not hanging all 11 of them by the same rope, but almost. They didn't want the ball."

Cruyff also joined in the criticism of English referee Howard Webb, accusing him of being too soft with the players.

"A World Cup final deserves great refereeing and, above all, deserves a referee who dares to do everything it means to be a judge," he said.

:clap2:

Clearly a reply to my post match comment.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,69768.msg2408139.html#msg2408139

But seriously, what a legend.  :smitten: