Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

??? Didn't we win the The World's Cup tournament yesterday? Is this the bronze medal game?

Come on then. :rolleyes:

What did you make of it... part'na? Part'na? No. Just, what did you make of it? O0

:lol: There aren't quarters in soccer! In soccer, there are two halves. That's why Soccer is such a great game. There are no breaks in play. If the soccer ball is still on the soccer field, the players have to just tuck their jerseys in and get down to business.

Why does the goaltender wear a different jersey than everyone else?

This WC might be England's best chance for a good while, anyone agree?

Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand, J Cole, A Cole, Barry and Carrick will all be playing at a much lower level 4 years from now, and that's pretty much the spine of your team.

It also looks like, to an outsider, your younger players, the players in the U21s, don't look capable of playing at the high level required of a top international team. You'll possibly only have Rooney who you could easily say is a world class player in four years' time, whereas now you've got 3 or 4 who are playing at that level.

It looks to me as if this is your last good chance for quite some time.

Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand, J Cole, A Cole, Barry and Carrick will all be playing at a much lower level 4 years from now, and that's pretty much the spine of your team.

It also looks like, to an outsider, your younger players, the players in the U21s, don't look capable of playing at the high level required of a top international team. You'll possibly only have Rooney who you could easily say is a world class player in four years' time, whereas now you've got 3 or 4 who are playing at that level.

It's way way too early to say that man. Four years is a long time.

Just got up after drowning my sorrows after a horrific showing.

Piss poor 2nd half, no urgency, no creativity, no confidence. Most of our players didn't seem to know what to do. In the Premiership Lennon would have bombed past the full back regardless and would have eventually put a goalscoring ball in. Last night he just stopped and turned around whenever he found someone in front of him.

Poor decision to put Wright-Phillips and Carragher on, and even though Heskey did hold the ball up well, he should have changed things and brought Crouch on earlier.

Rooney was a ghost, as was Lampard. It was much like the Sweden game in 2002.

It will take some getting used to and we will improve. The tentativeness will go and the pace will pick up. The ball does look shocking though, at times its like no one knows where it'll go if they try a long ball or something so they just dont bother

And Im not even going to mention Green.... :doh:

Fantastic watching it at Headingley Stadium on the grass though. That could be a permanent fixture.

COME ON ENGLAND!

First opportunity to post. Thought we were comfortably the better team, tbh, but for that one horrendous rick we should've walked away comfortable winners. Heskey had a very good game, I thought, but Rooney was virtually anonymous and his touch was appalling: what is up with that?

If we take our second half performance into the next two games, add the clinical finishing we need, we'll be fine.

First opportunity to post. Thought we were comfortably the better team, tbh, but for that one horrendous rick we should've walked away comfortable winners. Heskey had a very good game, I thought, but Rooney was virtually anonymous and his touch was appalling: what is up with that?

If we take our second haf performance into the next two games, we'll be fine.

:snod: Marked Guarded out of the game. Once we figured out Heskey's post up moves, he was gone too.

Capello will still pick them all in four years time.

I'll say one thing, I'd hate to be Capello right now. For me, we definitely have to play:

James

Johnson Terry CB Cole

RM Lampard CM Cole

Crouch Rooney

Gerrard is also vital to play, but in which position? He performed brilliantly in CM, but if Barry is fit he has to play. I can't help but feel that sticking Gerrard on the wing will make him lose his spark somewhat but it might be our only option.

Crouch is an absolute much - he has more mobility than Heskey, he looks more confident on the ball and he is more awkward for defenders to deal with - and that was only in 15 minutes play. I would also like to see Defoe at some point - has he shagged Capello's missus or something? He's brilliant, he's got the legs to scare defenders and he can score a few goals - surely he can play some part?

The CB position is the most interesting one. Carragher and Upson, it's like battle of the average. Carragher was woeful at times yesterday, I really thought he was going to get sent off at one point - he also looked absolutely knackered. After about 15 minutes on the field he was pouring with sweat - I know the conditions aren't the best for English players out there, but he looked significantly 'redder and wetter' than everyone else. For that alone, I'd favour Upson - either that, or pray that King can play hopping on one foot.

In goal? It's obvious really, pick the player you gave the no.1 shirt too.

The defence. One of:

Johnson Terry Upson Cole

Johnson Terry Hoppy Cole

The midfield. One of:

Gerrard Lampard Barry Cole

Lennon Lampard Gerrard Cole

Cole Lampard Gerrard Barry

Upfront. One of:

Crouch Rooney

Defoe Rooney

Mark Bright.  :facepalm:

Why put the worst commentators on the worst games, should be the other way round if they want people to keep watching.