Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reading The Times match report right now:

"Some predicted there would be as many Americans as English in Rustenburg but it was not even close: the flags of St George were splashed around the rim of this bowl-shaped arena name-checking boroughs from Addlestone to Scunthorpe."

Odd, as all the media outlets over here our saying we outnumbered your fans, but didn't drape as many flags and the like around.

Definitely remember reading that America and England had taken the most fans overall to the tournament.

Could you here the fans last night or was it just vuvuzela noise? Couldn't really tell watching it on the bigscreen in town/being pretty drunk.

I was in the same boat as you, no clue how the fans sounded.

Could hear the England band and the occasional chant, as well as the odd 'U-S-A' from the yanks. Loudest song all game was god save the queen when somehow everyone stopped blowing those fucking vuvuzelas. Was still shite though.

Even though Heskey missed his chance, he set it up for himself in the first place by winning the ball & taking the centreback out of the game with his movement.

He was much more effective than Rooney strangely.

Guest neesy111

that was best steven gerrard performance for england i've seen, everything we've seen from him at liverpool, getting him a good partner in CM will be vital for how england progress

Guest firetotheworks

Another thought:

I'm yet to understand why we took SWP ahead of Johnson.

'experience'? As in experience in being consistently fucking terrible. I hate the stupid dwarf.

Guest neesy111

Even though Heskey missed his chance, he set it up for himself in the first place by winning the ball & taking the centreback out of the game with his movement.

He was much more effective than Rooney strangely.

he was, rooney was isloated to me too much at times tho

Fair play to Heskey last night, he was your best player by a mile. 

Completely out shone Rooney who was non existant.  I thought the top players were able to change the game single handedly..

Well Gerrard was our best player like.

Are you not English? I imagined, despite you fascination of Messi, that you were.

Nope, and I don't think yous have a chance of winning the WC.  There is no spark to England's play, incapable of playing good, direct football. 

Players like SWP, Milner and Carragher shouldn't be anywhere near an international team.

How anyone sees anyone other than Heskey being our best player last night is completely beyond me.

Yep, and me. Other than the chance that he lasered into the keeper's midriff he did everything right, set up the goal and got involved. The only player who even came close was Gerrard and he faded badly in the second half.

Rooney, who people are saying will light up the tournament and be better than Messi etc, didn't even have a touch until about the 70th minute. When Rooney is having an off-day, we look such a toothless side.

Guest firetotheworks

You just know that every night when Mark Bright gets home, he complains about his tea, no matter what his perfect wife has made.

You just know that every night when Mark Bright gets home, he complains about his tea, no matter what his perfect wife has made.

"I just felt you could have got a bit more cheese on that. Poor."

Couple of extra thoughts: Heskey was MOTM and if City are honestly going to play £30m for Milner then Villa will be getting a great deal.

Not saying he is worth £30m but he was played out of position and has had a virus all week, you can't judge him on that.

or Mark "I'm shit" Bright.

Guest firetotheworks

'But it's just just cheese Mark.'

'.........Poor.'

Couple of extra thoughts: Heskey was MOTM and if City are honestly going to play £30m for Milner then Villa will be getting a great deal.

Not saying he is worth £30m but he was played out of position and has had a virus all week, you can't judge him on that.

Yeah I know. Just another way of saying how shit he was last night I guess. I can only assume Cole wasn't fit.