Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

Guest Nikos34

Horrific ankle injury that he has never fully recovered from. Went from being a combative frontman or busy midfielder to being a complete passenger. Unfortunately we've only ever seen the later

I don't understand how anyone can question a player's effort/heart like with Smith and Guthrie.

Just because they're turbo-s*** on the pitch, doesn't mean that they don't care or aren't trying.

Guest palnese

I knew someone would say that, but all the evidence I see tells me he's trying his hardest.

Did you see the Bolton game?

No, didn't see it all the way through, just highlights.

Okey. The myth regarding his workrate was busted that day.

I thought our bypassing of the midfield via the long ball stuff we played for the first 20 mins helped him - he is incredibly limited and if the myth that he is some sort of midfield enforcer hadn't been started by saf it would never have lasted as long

I don't understand how anyone can question a player's effort/heart like with Smith and Guthrie.

Just because they're turbo-s*** on the pitch, doesn't mean that they don't care or aren't trying.

I can't see how someone Guthrie's age can have such a shit engine, I know some people are naturally fitter than others but his is pathetic.

He is a professional footballer at the top level who looks done after about 50 minutes.

Unless he has something wrong with him it would suggest he could do a lot more to improve this.

Guthrie's physical condition has been holding him back for a while now and it's just getting worse. That 'injury' at WBA speaks volumes about the lad.

This is coming from someone who used to have an awful lot of hope for him. As for Smith, if he cared that much he wouldn't hide behind other players.

i like smith-there i said it

i know hes shit and useless to the side but i can't help but like him

He seems a nice guy. Good looking according to my lass.

All in all, not really worth the wages.

Iandennisbbc Ian Dennis

#nufc Fingers crossed for Alan Smith. Left ground on crutches with ankle injury. More details tomorrow. Top lad Smithy

That's weird that, because he walked off the pitch without a fucking limp :lol: