Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

Iandennisbbc Ian Dennis

#nufc Fingers crossed for Alan Smith. Left ground on crutches with ankle injury. More details tomorrow. Top lad Smithy

Probably just swole up.

I could have sworn he was gonna come back on.

Definitely not broken or fractured.  Probably just bruised.

That's weird that, because he walked off the pitch without a f***ing limp :lol:

@Scottwilsonecho

Scans on Alan Smith's injured ankle expected today - could be out for up to a month. Big chance for Guthrie or Gosling. #NUFC

To be honest I think that would be him done here. Tiote, Nolan, Gosling and probably Guthrie are all ahead of him in central midfield, and if we get another wide player in (as we seem to have been trying to) you can add Barton to that list as well.

There's been talk for a while now that privately he knows he's finished at this level. Another lengthy injury might confirm it.

Guest Stephen927

Who was he telling to "fuck off" when he came off injured? Looked like he was shouting into the crowd or the dugout?

He wasn't saying it to anybody, he was venting because he was pissed at coming off injured.

Guest neesy111

Who was he telling to "fuck off" when he came off injured? Looked like he was shouting into the crowd or the dugout?

Was someone in the crowd, should of smacked the fucker would of put his kudos points right up in NUFC fans eyes.

Broken ankle.

...and he f***ing walked off? :lol:

Broke two metatarsals and walked half a mile home. You don't always realise ...

I broke my arm when I was younger and didn't realise it was broken until about 5 days later, just thought it was badly bruised.