Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

Poor lad. Feel sorry for Smudger.

Fuck that. He's been paid £60k a week for doing fuck all for the entirety of his career here, another six months of the same isn't gonna kill him. Regardless of the debatable morals behind celebrating an injury to your own player, he's fucking rubbish and brings the side down whenever he plays. Good news.

Fuck that. He's been paid £60k a week for doing fuck all for the entirety of his career here, another six months of the same isn't gonna kill him. Regardless of the debatable morals behind celebrating an injury to your own player, he's fucking rubbish and brings the side down whenever he plays. Good news.

Basically. The best news would be is that he retires and makes that decision now so he gets a nice insurance pay off and so do we.

Can't disagree with that, as much as some part of me feels I should.

Good bloke and key for us in our promotion season.  Yeah he's gash, but his hearts in the right place and he didn't decide to pay himself 60k a week at the end of the day, and it's not like it's coming out of your pocket either.

Anyone who would celebrate him getting a long term injury when he's already had one that ruined his career is a bit of a twat really.

Good bloke and key for us in our promotion season.  Yeah he's gash, but his hearts in the right place and he didn't decide to pay himself 60k a week at the end of the day, and it's not like it's coming out of your pocket either.

Anyone who would celebrate him getting a long term injury when he's already had one that ruined his career is a bit of a twat really.

That's irrelevant imo. He's still on that money.

It's not his problem though.

If Fat Mike came and offered you 60k a week, what would you say? "No thanks, mate, I'm not worth that much.  £300 a week will do me fine."

No, i'd take the £60k a week and expect absolutely no sympathy from supporters when i get injured, after three years of abysmal performances. :thup:

It's not his problem though.

If Fat Mike came and offered you 60k a week, what would you say? "No thanks, mate, I'm not worth that much.  £300 a week will do me fine."

It's not his fault he gets paid so much, but its not our fault we don't like it considering his talent, or lack of.

We want what is best for the club and initially that's not to have Smith playing, then its not having Smith costing us any more money. Great news he won't be playing again this season, fuking devastation it will cost us £1.2m+ till the summer for the privilege.

Why's he going to retire like some people are mentioning if his contract isn't up then? He'd upwards of £4m if he did. ???

Insurance would pay him and the club, like Dean Richards. If his contract was up he's find it harder to prove he's worth that kind of money for the next 3-4 seasons.

f*** that. He's been paid £60k a week for doing f*** all for the entirety of his career here, another six months of the same isn't gonna kill him. Regardless of the debatable morals behind celebrating an injury to your own player, he's f***ing rubbish and brings the side down whenever he plays. Good news.

:mike: did u read the rest of my post? this IS good news footballing wise, which is why I suppose he can be afforded some nice sentiments now that we know he's unlikely to play for us again.

edit: oops, just realized it was the next post, didn't realize i hadn't edited the original post :p

Guest Howaythetoon

Smith is a fucking coward, hides from responsibility when it comes to shooting and making any kind of pass other than a 5 yard square pass. He doesn't even tackle well either, in fact he's awful in that area, just like he is awful in every other department. I used to rate him when he was at Leeds as well but after joining Man Utd the footballer in him simply disappeared. I remember watching him against Lazio once, he was playing up front on his own for Leeds and he was very Shearer like, what has happened since is amazing thinking about it. It just goes to show you what an injury, loss of form and being played out of position can do to your game. Being a selfish fan these days who cares little for the plight of your modern day footballer I see his injury as a good thing for my club, but for Smith himself, who seems to be a good professional, it is a shame, along with his fall from promise which he displayed aplenty for Leeds.

Smith is a f***ing coward, hides from responsibility when it comes to shooting and making any kind of pass other than a 5 yard square pass. He doesn't even tackle well either, in fact he's awful in that area, just like he is awful in every other department. I used to rate him when he was at Leeds as well but after joining Man Utd the footballer in him simply disappeared. I remember watching him against Lazio once, he was playing up front on his own for Leeds and he was very Shearer like, what has happened since is amazing thinking about it. It just goes to show you what an injury, loss of form and being played out of position can do to your game. Being a selfish fan these days who cares little for the plight of your modern day footballer I see his injury as a good thing for my club, but for Smith himself, who seems to be a good professional, it is a shame, along with his fall from promise which he displayed aplenty for Leeds.

What complete garbage tbh. He might be as shit as anything I have seen play for us in midfield but he isnt a shirker*. Infact we would be better off if he wasnt flying in for some tackles that he mistimes in stupid places. As for shooting I dont think I ever saw that as his role as a DM and he clearly doesnt have the technique to do more than keeping it simple with 5 yard passes.

I see where your going with the rest though especially Fergie messing him around, its no stretch to think the injuries he has had has proven a mental block to any improvement. The lay off is unfortunate in the sense we are lumbered with him for another 6 months at least. God giving we can flog him in the summer to Leeds.

*see Souness.