Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

Is anybody going to be daft enough to take him? If nobody takes him I'd be negotiating with him to end his contract tbh. Fair play to the lad he tries hard but he is absolutely shite beyond belief and has been since we bought him. Still have no idea why we bought him since at the time we neither needed strikers nor midfielders.

Guest Loven11

No idea who it is but someone said this on twitter :

Smith is a striker ! I think that he's going to score goals if u put him as a 4ward after AC leave us last season. Don't u think?

Let me think, NO.

I actually think there's something there to suggest smith_1 is alan smith :) Regardless, his wages are not his fault, it was the board's at the time when he was signed. As for what he brought to the club, between all the injuries, not a great deal.. will probably be remembered in a similar way to Babayaro, Carr and Duff... just were not good enough either through lack of application or not giving a s***. Might go on to do well elsewhere

How you know  :mackems:

How much is Smith on, 60k?  Surely Leeds won't be able to afford to pay him more than about £15k.

Will he really take such a drop in wages?

He'll be signing on in 11 months time...

At least if he can con someone into giving him a 2 or 3 year contract at a lower wage then he'll be getting a bit of security.

God, I hope he leaves. :lol: 

Guest magpie99

I am happy to see him go as long as we replace him with a defensive midfielder especially with us missing Tiote for 6 weeks in January/February.

I dont see any other of our midfielders being physically combatant enough to replace Smith.

Guest magpie99

Thats right. It is a case of another body from an already threadbare squad gone, whether you rate him or not and a very physical presence as well. Maybe you would rather see Guthrie, Raylor or even Gosling in Tiote's role next January?

Thats right. It is a case of another body from an already threadbare squad gone, whether you rate him or not and a very physical presence as well. Maybe you would rather see Guthrie, Raylor or even Gosling in Tiote's role next January?

The squad isn't threadbare, it's just our back up players like Smith are shite.

Guest magpie99

I am not advocating keeping Smith, but bringing in someone who can win the ball to replace Tiote when we will be without him for 6 weeks....................at least.

I am not advocating keeping Smith, but bringing in someone who can win the ball to replace Tiote when we will be without him for 6 weeks....................at least.

Smith could barely win the ball to be honest. I do think someone should come in but would be happy with guthrie, gosling, barton as cover for tiote if not

Guest magpie99

The squad isn't threadbare, it's just our back up players like Smith are s****.

Do you really believe that?

Let me remind you that currently, we have three forwards (Best. Shola, Lovenkrands) who got less than 20 goals between them last season, no pacy widemen or cover, no decent full backs (once Enrique has gone) and no cover for them either and only 3 experienced central defenders.

The only areas in the squad that are reasonably strong are goalkeepers and central midfield and we have managed to piss off our top goalscorer and player of the year already.

Yep, we are really strong through, arent we?

The squad isn't threadbare, it's just our back up players like Smith are s****.

Do you really believe that?

Let me remind you that currently, we have three forwards (Best. Shola, Lovenkrands) who got less than 20 goals between them last season, no pacy widemen or cover, no decent full backs (once Enrique has gone) and no cover for them either and only 3 experienced central defenders.

The only areas in the squad that are reasonably strong are goalkeepers and central midfield and we have managed to piss off our top goalscorer and player of the year already.

Yep, we are really strong through, arent we?

Why don't you read what I said again and have another try at digesting it rather than having a hissy fit.