How far will England go this time round?

womblemaster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye, we've struck it lucky with the draw. All depends on weather we can finish top of the group and evade the clearly superior Germans and possibly Argentina in the 2nd round and quarters.

Got to fancy us beating Ghana in the next round which will leave us probably with 1 of France, Nigeria or Uraguay. France appear to be jsut as shit as us and  on paper we're better than the other two.

Fucked if we meet a half decent side like.

I'd say semis, but it all depends on restoring the shape and style that took us through the qualifying rounds.

kind of a good point, sides don't always pitch up to the WC with their gameplan and side finalised, sometimes they develop through the group stages and 16/QF to progress to the confidence that ends up winning them it

a lot will depend on capello now (obviously) - that side and those players is not gonna win us the cup, but he has the players who might if he works them right (for me play cole, carrick, rooney, gerrard, lampard & milner then revert to the pace merchants like SWP/Lennon if that fails)

over to you fabio

IT appears eng grp will be decided on goal difference. As it looks like both usa and eng will end up with 7 pts: could hinge on how well slovenia defend.

After last nights display, am wondering if north korea could follow brazil into 2nd round? port vs iv coast was a bore draw of highest order!  WOuld luv to see nkorea beat port!

Braz looked as potent as ever last night. although they didnt really get their defence tested, dunno how you devise tactics for a team like them! attack attack attack??

A team like Spain losing to a team like Switzerland in a competition with dodgy balls and annoying fans means anything can happen.

It's doubtful both sides will finish on 7 points.

SO you think that both algeria and slovenia can defend for 90mins and keep england and usa at bay?

Unless they both turn into counterattacking masters (like north korea vs braz)  its hard to see them scoring.

Cant see either team trying to go all out attack.  Unless alg somehow score in first 30mins today....they are very likely to play a backs to the wall style game.

imo the grp winner wil be the team who has the highest +GD.

Apart from the Germans there's nothing that's really stood out so far, and they did it against absolute dog turd players, 10 of them as well. Argentina look alright going forward, but their game yesterday flattered them, easiest hat trick i've ever seen, regardless of that, defensively they are woeful and easy to beat. Spain didn't step up, Portugal we'd hammer, Italy have nothing in attack, Brazil don't look their super quality selves though are probably the most dangerous in the tournament so far with Spain choking.

As long as Germany are put out by someone else we've got a good chance of going far, as far as we've been for a while, and that's not really down to us right now, its down to other teams being just as bad or shitter than us.

Apart from the Germans there's nothing that's really stood out so far, and they did it against absolute dog turd players, 10 of them as well. Argentina look alright going forward, but their game yesterday flattered them, easiest hat trick i've ever seen, regardless of that, defensively they are woeful and easy to beat. Spain didn't step up, Portugal we'd hammer, Italy have nothing in attack, Brazil don't look their super quality selves though are probably the most dangerous in the tournament so far with Spain choking.

As long as Germany are put out by someone else we've got a good chance of going far, as far as we've been for a while, and that's not really down to us right now, its down to other teams being just as bad or shitter than us.

I admire your optimism but can you really see Heskey, Lennon, Wright Phillips, Johnson, Carragher, Barry, Green, James as world cup winners???????????????

I also think your assessment of the other teams above is totally misguided.

I admire your optimism but can you really see Heskey, Lennon, Wright Phillips, Johnson, Carragher, Barry, Green, James as world cup winners???????????????

Germany were playing dog turd though, one of the weakest teams every to have come to a World Cup, they didn't even have any strikers on the pitch, had to rely on a CM, that's how shocking they were.

And now the Germans have been beaten, no one is looking 100%, were not but its a better start than most. Plus I never said win it, just go as far as we've been in a while. My assessment of other teams is spot on tbh.

Germany were playing dog turd though, one of the weakest teams every to have come to a World Cup, they didn't even have any strikers on the pitch, had to rely on a CM, that's how shocking they were.

And now the Germans have been beaten, no one is looking 100%, were not but its a better start than most. Plus I never said win it, just go as far as we've been in a while. My assessment of other teams is spot on tbh.

I am not a german fan by any shadow of a doubt but that game against Serbia was  a disgrace due to the referee wanting to be the star of the show. Inconsistencies all over the place and mostly favouring the serbs. Germany should have won. They had enough opportunities including a missed penalty and they will still qualify easily for the next round.

England are a joke. They are full of big noters and under achievers at international level, playing on past reputations. The midfield lacks any sort of penetration and the lack of use of width negates the reason Heskey is on the park.

Your assessment of Italy, Portugal, Brazil and Spain is after ONE game. They will all come good and go further in the tournament than England, who rely too heavily on one player.....ROONEY.

Sorry mate, England are CRAP and dont deserve to go any further in the comp..................Thank God.