PLEASE ALL READ - Premier League Fixtures

Dave

The fixtures for the upcoming Premier League season are out at 10am this Thursday the 17th June.

Whatever you do, please DO NOT post fixture lists on the forum. The Premier League take copyright of fixtures ridiculously seriously and many websites have been taken down in the past for reproducing fixtures without the appropriate licence. I can't remember the price of the licence off the top of my head but it's not cheap (hundreds of pounds for one club, thousands for them all) and frankly we need the money for running the server.

As an example of what can happen if fixtures are posted illegally, please read this: http://www.bsad.org/0506/reports/fixtures_letter.html. A previous incarnation of this website/forum has also been closed down in the past by legal threats made to our previous webhost.

For guidance:

• You can discuss individual fixtures, such as the first game, the Mackems, Boxing Day etc, but DO NOT list them out.
  • DO NOT attempt to get around the rules by listing fake club names like on PES. Unbelievably they are looking for this too.
  • Linking to other websites that have paid for the fixtures (such as NUFC.com) is perfectly fine.

Anyone found to be deliberately or repeatedly breaking the rules on posting fixtures will be banned for 14 days as per this rule: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?topic=19161.0

If there are any questions feel free to add them in this thread. What we can and can't post is a pretty grey area, but we're trying to avoid all possibility of the forum being closed down. Better safe than sorry is our policy.

Cheers.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Never understood this, and I'm not sure if its open to discussion, but I've always wondered what would happen if someone posted all the fixtures on their Facebook profile - would Facebook be closed down?  ???

Never understood this, and I'm not sure if its open to discussion, but I've always wondered what would happen if someone posted all the fixtures on their Facebook profile - would Facebook be closed down?  ???

Doubt it. This is an open, public forum where any one can log on and see what's going on. If someone has all their privacy settings done correctly then no-one barring their friends would know what they posted on facebook.

The fixtures for the upcoming Premier League season are out at 10am this Thursday the 17th June.

Whatever you do, please DO NOT post fixture lists on the forum. The Premier League take copyright of fixtures ridiculously seriously and many websites have been taken down in the past for reproducing fixtures without the appropriate licence. I can't remember the price of the licence off the top of my head but it's not cheap (hundreds of pounds for one club, thousands for them all) and frankly we need the money for running the server.

As an example of what can happen if fixtures are posted illegally, please read this: http://www.bsad.org/0506/reports/fixtures_letter.html. A previous incarnation of this website/forum has also been closed down in the past by legal threats made to our previous webhost.

For guidance:

• You can discuss individual fixtures, such as the first game, the Mackems, Boxing Day etc, but DO NOT list them out.
  • DO NOT attempt to get around the rules by listing fake club names like on PES. Unbelievably they are looking for this too.
  • Linking to other websites that have paid for the fixtures (such as NUFC.com) is perfectly fine.

Anyone found to be deliberately or repeatedly breaking the rules on posting fixtures will be banned for 14 days as per this rule: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?topic=19161.0

If there are any questions feel free to add them in this thread. What we can and can't post is a pretty grey area, but we're trying to avoid all possibility of the forum being closed down. Better safe than sorry is our policy.

Cheers.

Sent directly to Yorkie by PM as well I assume?

In any case Facebook wouldn't be closed down as such, they have slightly more financial power than we do... Our webhost would just shit themselves and pull the plug, at least temporarily.

If Facebook got a legal notice about it I'm sure they'd just pull the user account.

I'm pretty sure the fixture list is uncopyrightable everywhere except Britain. Oh, and that means only the British leagues have copyrighted fixtures.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Well, I was hardly comparing Facebook to NO, was just voicing something I've idly wondered the last few seasons.  ;D

Whatever the longest trip is, that's where they'll put us on Boxing Day.

Usually somewhere in the North West IIRC, Wigan a couple of times, Liverpool and Everton.

EDIT: PL that is.  In case someone says we were in Sheffield last year.

Guest BooBoo

Next season has the potential to be pretty horrific. We really need a winnable game in the first few games to avoid a shocking start.

Next season has the potential to be pretty horrific. We really need a winnable game in the first few games to avoid a shocking start.

Aye, not really looking forward to the fixtures at all. Hopefully we play all the big teams pre/post Champions League fixtures.

Guest BooBoo

Realistically we'll be lucky to get a couple of draws from our games against last years top six. It will be all about beating the other promoted sides, Wolves, Wigan, West Ham and Blackburn.