Should England fail to qualify from the group?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry I meant if we had same goals scored so if we draw 2-2.

Tie-breaking criteria

For the World Cup tournament, FIFA uses the following criteria to rank teams in the Group Stage.

1. greatest number of points in all group matches;

2. goal difference in all group matches;

3. greatest number of goals scored in all group matches;

4. greatest number of points in matches between tied teams;

5. goal difference in matches between tied teams;

6. greatest number of goals scored in matches between tied teams;

7. drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

So aye, I think so.

Sorry I meant if we had same goals scored so if we draw 2-2.

Tie-breaking criteria

For the World Cup tournament, FIFA uses the following criteria to rank teams in the Group Stage.

1. greatest number of points in all group matches;

2. goal difference in all group matches;

3. greatest number of goals scored in all group matches;

4. greatest number of points in matches between tied teams;

5. goal difference in matches between tied teams;

6. greatest number of goals scored in matches between tied teams;

7. drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

So aye, I think so.

Well, that's a bit shit imo. Always thought that they would use the fair-play table then.

Really hope Capello has kicked a few arses tonight.

Managers manage, players play and that's the way it should stay. If the likes of Terry are going in there having a pop and telling Capello what they think the team should be then I hope he tells the lot of them to fuck off. They should be doing what they're told to the best of their ability.

Managers manage, players play and that's the way it should stay. If the likes of Terry are going in there having a pop and telling Capello what they think the team should be then I hope he tells the lot of them to f*** off. They should be doing what they're told to the best of their ability.

Is this the case?

Managers manage, players play and that's the way it should stay. If the likes of Terry are going in there having a pop and telling Capello what they think the team should be then I hope he tells the lot of them to f*** off. They should be doing what they're told to the best of their ability.

Calling a meeting and telling Capello what they think, admitting in a press conference that they're going to do it and even joking about doing it, it's almost as if England players are willing a fallout to happen. It's madness :lol:

Is this the case?

No idea, hence the very first word of the bolded sentence. :)

Is this the case?

No idea, hence the very first word of the bolded sentence. :)

Fair enough.

Capello > The squad - ftr.

Twitter says Capello has agreed to scrap his 2 hours before kick-off rule. So the starting XI will have longer to prepare.

As long as he's still picking the team then that's just about ok. :)

Bobby didn't tell the senior players to f*** off when they approached him in 1990 and as a result they very nearly went all the way.

If thing's aren't working, a touch of two-way communication is always positive. Thing is, true autocrats rarely work as football managers. Ferguson is an obvious exception but then even he seems to have respect for his senior players and i'd imagine will invite opinions from time to time.

Calling a meeting and telling Capello what they think, admitting in a press conference that they're going to do it and even joking about doing it, it's almost as if England players are willing a fallout to happen. It's madness :lol:

As I was saying earlier this lot are completely detached from reality.

Bobby didn't tell the senior players to f*** off when they approached him in 1990 and as a result they very nearly went all the way.

If thing's aren't working, a touch of two-way communication is always positive. Thing is, true autocrats rarely work as football managers. Ferguson is an obvious exception but then even he seems to have respect for his senior players and i'd imagine will invite opinions from time to time.

Fair point. I just like managers to be single-minded and stand or fall on the results they get. Capello has pissed the qualifying so he's doing something right and is fully entitled to call ALL of the shots. If the players don't respond or question the manager's selection/tactics then they should be sent home. In my opinion obviously. :thup:

This really is a tedious debate. Look England for two decades cried out for the FA to go and get a manger with a good understanding of the modern game, a good track record and tactical awareness. First we had Ericksson who is a good manager without a doubt and now we have Capello who is as good as any in the world....The problem they have is that the mentality of the players they have to work with is little more than painter and decorators looking for the next crafty scam or tea break.

Painters and decorators who made the QFs in the last 3 tournaments they qualified for. Not to mention the fact that 5 or 6 of them would get into just about any first Xl in world football. You don't get to be that good by looking for tea breaks.

If Capellos doing his job correctly we dont draw 0-0 with Algeria.

His record doesnt matter, the team wasnt performing and the changes he made didnt effect that. The players should be completely entitled to give their opinions on why it didnt work. You have to when you are representing an entire nations hopes.

Painters and decorators who made the QFs in the last 3 tournaments they qualified for. Not to mention the fact that 5 or 6 of them would get into just about any first Xl in world football. You don't get to be that good by looking for tea breaks.

Woah, hang on, I'm not having that like!  :lol:

5 or 6 in the best world XI in world fotball? Wow, that's a bold statement. We've got Rooney, who would stand a chance.

If Rob Green didn't concede that goal (i'm not blaming him in the slightest, it was a mistake and i believe he's the best keeper we have for this World Cup) and we went on to win we probably would be qualified now because we would have been confident in the Algeria game. Nobody would be questioning Capello and we'd all be thinking we're going to win The World Cup.

Capello is the best man for the job and he should be allowed to do it as he feels fit and how he has his whole managerial career.

I think he could have lost a bit of authority dropping his "2 hour" rule.

We win Wednesday everybody will be on the "England gonna win it" bandwagon. Fickle.

I'm behind Capello entirely.

Terry, Ashley Cole, Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney would make all but the very best teams, imo.

Can't believe most people would choose those 5 players in their World XI's tbh. It's on a complete tangent to the thread but only Rooney would be close imo. The other 4 are very good but you wouldn't pick them for your World XI. 

Fwiw, can't think of a better left back.

But I'd agree that those players mentioned would "make all but the very best teams", doesn't mean they'd get into a World XI.

This could well go back to what you define as "world class" which has probably already been discussed at length in a few threads. :lol: