John Terry reinstated as England captain

Parky

Becoming more and more detached from the national team with each passing day. Just really struggle to give a s*** who or how they play anymore.

I'm the same. Always used to care as well, even though I know many never have done. The World Cup last year was disgusting, as were the lies about rejuvenating the squad in its aftermath.

:thup:

I think before the WC myself and you were one of the few on here that argued disregarding Engerrland was wrong. The last WC was the last straw for me though. Total farce and I genuinely couldn't give a f*** anymore, Carroll playing the other month perked my interest a little but whey...we all know how that's turned out.

How?

:razz:

Guest Heneage

Becoming more and more detached from the national team with each passing day. Just really struggle to give a s*** who or how they play anymore.

I'm the same. Always used to care as well, even though I know many never have done. The World Cup last year was disgusting, as were the lies about rejuvenating the squad in its aftermath.

Did you really think he'd keep that promise when he flat out lied about picking 'on form players'?

Becoming more and more detached from the national team with each passing day. Just really struggle to give a shit who or how they play anymore.

:thup:

I think before the WC myself and you were one of the few on here that argued disregarding Engerrland was wrong. The last WC was the last straw for me though. Total farce and I genuinely couldn't give a fuck anymore, Carroll playing the other month perked my interest a little but whey...we all know how that's turned out.

I normally was pretty apathetic with Engerland but pumped myself right up and got well stuck in for the World Cup, error. Apathetic as fuck now. I'd get behind a young team which would be the basis for a few years coming and you could grow with a la Germany but the squad is more or less the same as the proven failures who've formed the backbone of the last 2 tournaments which have been beyond embarrassing for a team with the supposed richest & arguably best league in the world. In fact only King, Carragher and James from the World Cup have not been called up since.

Guest Stephen927
"I was really upset about what happened in Denmark, when I saw the players saying 'who is the captain?'

After one year of punishment, it was not the best moment for John Terry to see this. For that reason I need to make a decision - and it will be a permanent decision, not just one game.

First of all I want to know what happened with Rio's back and when he will be fit because he is a really important player for us."

After that I will explain to him what really happened and what I am going to do in the next week, if I will decide on a new captain or about John Terry or something else.

Why will it be a difficult conversation? It is not because he is not a good captain.

I will explain what happened in Denmark and what I think. I would understand if he is not happy. But I am the manager. I have to take decisions.

Guest Stephen927

Ahh I see.

Can't see why that leads to John Terry being captain again mind :lol:

More about Rio's injury problems I think.

Mourinho (and yes I think very highly of him) making him captain does not prove your claim, captains are not necessarily the best players, it's often someone that can rally the team. It made a lot more sense to make a 'local lad' a captain whose been at the club for several years than a Portugese lad that came with Mourinho, doesn't make Terry the better player though.

Mourinho had his choice of literally any player in the world to built his defence around. He chose John Terry, and endorsed that decision by making him captain a short time after getting the Chelsea job. Not sure why you're bringing Carvalho into it.

Mourinho (and yes I think very highly of him) making him captain does not prove your claim, captains are not necessarily the best players, it's often someone that can rally the team. It made a lot more sense to make a 'local lad' a captain whose been at the club for several years than a Portugese lad that came with Mourinho, doesn't make Terry the better player though.

Mourinho had his choice of literally any player in the world to built his defence around. He chose John Terry, and endorsed that decision by making him captain a short time after getting the Chelsea job. Not sure why you're bringing Carvalho into it.

No, Mourinho based his defence around Carvalho, the guy he brought with him from Porto and took with him to Real. Much better defender than Terry, even if he's not the shouty, gee-'em-up type that makes a good captain.

Becoming more and more detached from the national team with each passing day. Just really struggle to give a shit who or how they play anymore.

Same here. Can't claim to have ever been really into the national team, but my interest is now at an all time low.

Think people are forgetting that Carvalho couldn't even get in the side under Mourinho for a while, the two even had a public bust up in which Mourinho publicly doled out statistics which showed the defence was better with another centre back pairing. First choice plenty of times was Terry-Gallas, with Carvalho rotated. And after Mourinho left Carvalho was frequently in and out of the side due to injuries so never really established himself as the number one centre-half. It was always Terry and one of Carvalho or Alex (or even Ivanovic at times).

There's really no doubt that Terry was the man the defence was built around - not Carvalho. And BTW I think Carvalho has been a class defender and is in many ways better than Terry (who never convincingly stepped up at International level) but Terry was the more important player for Chelsea.

Guest Stephen927

Think people are forgetting that Carvalho couldn't even get in the side under Mourinho for a while, the two even had a public bust up in which Mourinho publicly doled out statistics which showed the defence was better with another centre back pairing. First choice plenty of times was Terry-Gallas, with Carvalho rotated. And after Mourinho left Carvalho was frequently in and out of the side due to injuries so never really established himself as the number one centre-half. It was always Terry and one of Carvalho or Alex (or even Ivanovic at times).

There's really no doubt that Terry was the man the defence was built around - not Carvalho. And BTW I think Carvalho has been a class defender and is in many ways better than Terry (who never convincingly stepped up at International level) but Terry was the more important player for Chelsea.

He wasn't out of favour with Mourinho for very long. He was back in after that was sorted. The partnership Terry and Carvalho had was pivotal to them winning 2 Prem titles in a row.

William Gallas spent a lot of time playing full back, hence the switch to Arsenal as he thought he was deserving of a central position.

Giving it him back totally spoils any significance of stripping it from him in the first place. Rio is fucked all the time so I'd give it to Gerrard permanently.

I'd agree.

The whole Bridge / Terry situation was mishandled in the first place. It was impossible for the two players to be part of the same squad without disharmony, but it ended up with Bridge being the one who had to back down.

Terry's a great player but Capello should have bitten the bullet and axed him from the squad. By all accounts, there were problems of morale during the World Cup, with divisions amongst the players. If Gerrard loses the captaincy, then that's set to continue.

Giving it him back totally spoils any significance of stripping it from him in the first place. Rio is fucked all the time so I'd give it to Gerrard permanently.

Do you agree with Terry being stipped of the captaincy?

What? Which part do you not understand? I mentioned Carvalho because we were comparing the two and in my opinion Carvalho (along with Cole) were better defenders than Terry. I've also explained that being made captain does not prove that Terry is the superior player so in that sense it is irrelevant. I am not denying Terry's charisma or ability to lead the team, I am however doubting your claim that he was one of the best defender in the last 6 years.

What? Which part do you not understand? I mentioned Carvalho because we were comparing the two and in my opinion Carvalho (along with Cole) were better defenders than Terry. I've also explained that being made captain does not prove that Terry is the superior player so in that sense it is irrelevant. I am not denying Terry's charisma or ability to lead the team, I am however doubting your claim that he was one of the best defender in the last 6 years.

To be fair, if we're talking the past 6 years starting from 2005 he's been given planty of indivudial accolades. Terry, like Ferdinand have been victims of there recent form, people tend to forget what they actually achieved and how good they actually were. Terry's was extremely highly rated amongst footballers who played against him. Think its a prety fair assesment to say he's been one of the best.

Guest Chubby Jason

Giving it him back totally spoils any significance of stripping it from him in the first place. Rio is f***ed all the time so I'd give it to Gerrard permanently.

Do you agree with Terry being stipped of the captaincy?

Yeah I did at the time and I still do now.

Get rid of Terry,Cole,Ferdinand,Rooney and Lampard  and i will start believing we have a chance to build for the future but atm there is a bad stench when they are involved .

Guest Stephen927

Get rid of Terry,Cole,Ferdinand,Rooney and Lampard  and i will start believing we have a chance to build for the future but atm there is a bad stench when they are involved .

Ashley Cole has been nothing but great for England for a long time now.

Terry should not get it back after what he done.  It wasn't the behaviour of a captain, he's a total cunt.

Gerrard shouldn't be rewarded for years of sub standard performances by getting the armband.

Rooney is a moody, ill tempered little shit.  Never in a million years should he be captain.

Basically, England don't have anyone who is captain material.  Too many egos and general wankers in the squad.

Terry should not get it back after what he done.  It wasn't the behaviour of a captain, he's a total cunt.

Gerrard shouldn't be rewarded for years of sub standard performances by getting the armband.

Rooney is a moody, ill tempered little shit.  Never in a million years should he be captain.

Basically, England don't have anyone who is captain material.  Too many egos and general wankers in the squad.

Step up Kevin Nolan :snod: