John Terry reinstated as England captain

Parky

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What exactly is Terry accused of here?

attempting to overthrow the dictator capello and install himself as president of the english football team democracy

;D

If I was England manager, I'd ask to borrow Terry's mobile and wallet and send him on an errand. While he's gone, mail all his stuff back to Chelsea (2nd class) and tell him he's got to find his own way home.

Really hope Terry gets the flak and not Capello.  You don't hang world class managers out to dry, and as much as his man-management skills may well be lacking, you don't become a shit manager overnight. 

TERRY OUT!

An over-rated centre-half who's best qualities are his leadership/captaincy skills was never going to benefit the team without his captain's armband.I was surprised when Capello bowed to the media and sacked him,but even more surprised that he kept him in the squad to bitch away as a man who feels he's unjustly lost the captaincy was almost bound to do.

Thank christ we have John Terry. Otherwise we'd have probably given Carragher a starting role in the qualifiers, and we wouldn't have even made it to South Africa.

We wouldn't as he was still in his self imposed exile then.

After all the mouthing off he had better back it up with some action and score us the winner on Wednesday.  That is if his mate Lampard can get a corner within 20 yards of his head. 

:lol:

I hope the manager wins on this one and I hope that Terry never plays for England again.  I'd rather see Robert Green playing in his position than him.  Capello should tell him to piss off, he'd send the right message out to the other players if nothing else.

I hope that the FA get right behind the manager because he’s the best chance we’ve got of doing anything in the near future.

I hope the manager wins on this one and I hope that Terry never plays for England again.  I'd rather see Robert Green playing in his position than him.  Capello should tell him to piss off, he'd send the right message out to the other players if nothing else.

I hope that the FA get right behind the manager because he’s the best chance we’ve got of doing anything in the near future.

Totally agree. It would be the right message for future melingerers.

:thup:

I hope everybody watches this interview. It goes without saying, for me, that Capello has made significant errors in team selection and, more notably, in substitutions. However, the issues regarding team spirit and a suggested rift/revolution within the camp; it's becoming clearer and clearer to me that it's born of two or three dispicable primadonnas - not Capello. Basically, spoilt cunts who are used to being worshipped at their clubs and having everything their own way.

That is, of course, if there even is a rift. I believe Capello when he says that Terry's the only one who actually feels aggrieved by the way the ship is run... and to me, it smacks of nothing more than a pitiful little vendetta following the loss of captaincy.

Terry's a fucking wanker and is putting himself above the whole country at the moment. He's either fucking stupid or fucking selfish - but most likely both. The press were gonna jump all over that press conference yesterday. But even aside from the inevitable media reaction to the whole thing - like Capello said, it's disrespecting the rest of the squad. One of the most experienced members there, what sort of example does it set? What good does it do whatsoever?

However, i think Capello's done a fantastic job there of handling the whole situation - and with a bit of luck - it'll all blow over after we've trounced Slovenia on Wednesday.

I wish we had more to offer personnel-wise at centre-back, cos i'd love nothing more for Terry to be left out on his arse. He's a twat.

So true, but majority of fans just can't see this.  They'll happily have another change, another waste of time no doubt.  If Capello gets the boot, nobody worth a jot will come near it.

Capello will learn more about his players during this tournament than he'll have done before the World Cup.  We'll be much stronger as a national team after this because I'm sure he'll react once he's had time to go over what's happened.  You learn more about people when they are under pressure, some people react positively to pressure while others act like pricks and cave in, too many have caved in.

So true, but majority of fans just can't see this.  They'll happily have another change, another waste of time no doubt.  If Capello gets the boot, nobody worth a jot will come near it.

England are the international version of us in so many ways.

There is a comment on that link, which reminds us that Terry wanted a massive deal plus a guarantee he would be considered for the managers job at Chelsea.

By NEIL ASHTON, 29/08/2009

JOHN TERRY has signed a new five-year contract at Chelsea worth a staggering £40million.

The England captain will be paid £160,000 a week at Stamford Bridge until the deal ends when he is 33.

With Champions League and Premier League bonuses added, he could easily earn another £10m over the next five years.

Terry has also been promised by owner Roman Abramovich that he will be considered for the job as manager when he quits playing.  :iamatwat:

The Chelsea skipper, 28, is now the joint highest paid player in the Premier League, alongside Manchester City winger Robinho.

Terry has been in talks with the club over a new deal since City attempted to prise the central defender away.

Fuck me look at his comments in this interview:

Terry declares: I want to be Chelsea manager

20.09.09 | tribalfootball.com

READ MORE NEWS ON: Chelsea, Frank Lampard, John Terry, Jose Mourinho

Chelsea captain John Terry has declared he wants to manage the club.

"Your playing career goes so quickly and older players have always advised me, ‘Take your badges, take your badges’, which me, Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole are looking into,” England captain Terry told the Daily Express.

“Depending on what we have to do, I think we go straight to the B licence. We could coach the kids after training and get our badges that way.

“I want to go into management after I finish playing, even though it’s a lot of pressure. I would love to be Chelsea manager, and that’s the natural progression. I would want to go straight in at the deep end.   :kasper: :mackems:

With Champions League and Premier League bonuses added, he could easily earn another £10m over the next five years.

Terry has also been promised by owner Roman Abramovich that he will be considered for the job as manager when he quits playing.

The Chelsea skipper, 28, is now the joint highest paid player in the Premier League, alongside Manchester City winger Robinho.

England are the international version of us in so many ways.

So true, and so sad. :(

Terry declares: I want to be Chelsea manager

“I want to go into management after I finish playing, even though it’s a lot of pressure. I would love to be Chelsea manager, and that’s the natural progression. I would want to go straight in at the deep end.   :kasper: :mackems:

:clap: Oh yes please. The failure would be fucking glorious.