Rooney - - not firing on any cylinders

Rob W

Always thought rooney was a superb finisher, his goal scoring record is second to none, at all levels, much like drogba's, cant see how you can draw the conclusion that drog is therefore a better finisher, in fact unless im mistaken his goal scoring recored is actually better than drogba's

Rooney's goalscoring record is second to none? Is this not the first season he's hit 20 in the league?

This is the first season that Rooney's looked like a natural goalscorer. Drogba has scored more league goals in 3 of the last 4 seasons despite Rooney's recently instated penalty taking responsiblities.

Rooneys goal scoring record is second to none, yes. His goal scoring record is nearly 1 in 2 - 106 in 256 games, with 25 goals in a white shirt. Pointing to some idle stat really means nothing, michael owen too has a very good goal scorigin record without ever hitting more than 20 league goals in a season, again i could be mistaken, burt you've literally added nothing to your argument. Also, this is proba the very fiorst season where Rooney has been the main man and has had the team geared towards his strengths having played second fiddle to Ronaldo for many season, even playong on the left of midfield to accomodate Ronaldo, yet he's still managed to maintain a good goal scoring record. Drogba has had the Chelsea spearhead role since he first signed there and hasnt really had to adapt his game to accomodate others whatsoever. Basically Ronaldo you're wrong.

Forget it. I'm sure this has been argued a number of times with Ronaldo. He has his pin-ups, that's that. Move on.

:thup:

Duly noted.

:no:

Just because it was noted doesnt mean i'm going to listen, seems like a fair discussion to me, or is this a debate free zone?!

Forget it. I'm sure this has been argued a number of times with Ronaldo. He has his pin-ups, that's that. Move on.

:thup:

Duly noted.

:no:

Just because it was noted doesnt mean i'm going to listen, seems like a fair discussion to me, or is this a debate free zone?!

Has Rooney ever won the PL golden boot? To say his goalscoring record is second to none is based on what exactly? Clearly not an actual record. :lol:

Has there been a bigger disappointment at this World Cup than Rooney?

I know he'll turn it on against us on August 14th. I have no doubts.

Hattrick against us tbh. Hope not, but it really really could be. He'll be really fit again after a long break.

Guest firetotheworks

Has there been a bigger disappointment at this World Cup than Rooney?

I know he'll turn it on against us on August 14th. I have no doubts.

At any World Cup tbh, at least for England anyway.

WRITE THE FUTURE

JULY HOLIDAY

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/13/article-1192801-0552444C000005DC-88_468x435.jpg

NIGHTCLUB

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2007/05/rooneySL_450x350.jpg

AUGUST 14 - HAT TRICK

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gJccfZfCb3Ps/340x.jpg

http://blog1.ebates.com/ebates/Nike%20coupons.jpg

He should hang his head in shame after this WC.

I want to know who these people that think he's as good as Ronaldo and Messi are though?

And you think Messi and Ronaldo would look as good for England? Rooney had a fanatastic season.

He should hang his head in shame after this WC.

I want to know who these people that think he's as good as Ronaldo and Messi are though?

And you think Messi and Ronaldo would look as good for England? Rooney had a fanatastic season.

Give over, Rooney's played like an absolute cunt this tournament. Never gave 100% in any of the four games.