World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

When the commentators said not many of the German players would get into England's team I was shocked. Off the top of my head I'd take Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Klose, Mertesacker and Ozil. Maybe some others too. They definitely have better strength in depth than England.

Not Mertesacker,he's s****.Friedrich maybe.

Podolski definitely

Thomas Muller.  He bossed the match today.

Which English players would get in the German side?

Ashley Cole and............ nope, that's it.

.... Ballack would have made the German starting 11 today if it wasn't for injury.

When the commentators said not many of the German players would get into England's team I was shocked. Off the top of my head I'd take Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Klose, Mertesacker and Ozil. Maybe some others too. They definitely have better strength in depth than England.

Not Mertesacker,he's shite.Friedrich maybe.

Podolski definitely

Rooney, Gerrard, all our CB's as Mertesacker is proper drippy gash

We were woeful in large chunks of the game but I don't think anyone can deny the importance of that ludicrous disallowed goal. The timing of it was key: we had momentum from getting one back and we would have been in a great position to go on and win it.

Guest palnese

Podolski definitely

Gerrard over Schweinsteiger or Ozil? Don't think so. 2 years ago, aye.

Podolski definitely

.... Ballack would have made the German starting 11 today if it wasn't for injury.

And they'd have been worse for it.Fucking Prince Boateng.

Podolski definitely

How would Rooney get in the German team?  Klose and Podolski put him to shame at International level.

Couldn't see them dropping Muller for Gerrard either.

Guest Heneage

Podolski definitely

No he didn't.

Think there's something very, very wrong mentally with the players. I'd say part of it is all the money they earn. It's made them live in their own little bubble where the sun shines out of their arses all the time and think they're untouchable.

...is correct.

It's partly due to being in dominating sides in the PL where the routinely roll over 70-80% of the competition and don't have to work or think really hard in most matches. The other thing is the hell for leather which comprises most of the PL games is terrible preperation for the posession and tempo play of international matches. In international games sides prepare positionally while moving the ball around before they break or go for goal, to most England players all this is still a mystery it seems...

I'm sorry I seem to be the only one who's seen this all of the WC. But Germany, and their players, are nowt special, canny average in fact, and just because they have beaten a piss poor england side 4-1 it doesn't mean they are now 4 times better than our players.

They're not that good. Good, but not great. We made them look bloody amazing.

I'm sorry I seem to be the only one who's seen this all of the WC. But Germany, and their players, are nowt special, canny average in fact, and just because they have beaten a piss poor england side 4-1 it doesn't mean they are now 4 times better than our players.

No one said they're 4 times better, but they are better.

This whole "England are the best on paper" shit needs to stop.  If it was true they'd have actually made an impact at an International tournament instead of constantly failing.

This whole "England are the best on paper" s*** needs to stop.  If it was true they'd have actually made an impact at an International tournament instead of constantly failing.

England players just seem to perform at domestic level and European level huh..  which is in my opinion a lot better standard then World Cup. 

So explain why that is?

Ozil has been fucking awesome so far.

Thought Muller was their star player personally with Ozil a close second.

Muller's off the ball movement was superb. He carved England open time after time down the right (albeit in the absence of an English left midfielder).

Muller is rated the best of the new generation here. Think he's only 20. Anyway Germany have been preparing for a decade now on bringing through youth and have had great results in the U-17, U-19 and U-21, that is where this current crop of players is coming from.

Bascically the technique and tactical coaching in Germany is now on a par with France and Italy and perhaps they are slightly ahead of those two in bringing through youth quickly. Eng look fucked for a decade now.

I don't see what's not to be gained by giving youth a chance. They'd get more experience playing in an England side, learn more about other countries and how they play, andmore than likely show more hunger (i.e. to nail down a first team position). Just give them a chance.

This whole "England are the best on paper" s*** needs to stop.  If it was true they'd have actually made an impact at an International tournament instead of constantly failing.

England players just seem to perform at domestic level and European level huh..  which is in my opinion a lot better standard then World Cup. 

So explain why that is?

Half the team doesn't play at that level though does it.

Johnson, Upson, Milner, Barry, Defoe out of todays team don't and the English players that do perform at the highest level in the CL are playing alongside better foreign players than the likes of Johnson, Milner and Upson.

I will never understand how the Germans can be so clinical and so ruthless in front of goal.  There isn't an English player in my life time who had the level of maturity and confidence playing for the national team that Ozul is exhibiting at the age of 21.  It is incredible.  He is a kid, one year removed from the U-21 side, and he just looks like a world beater. 

Aye, the argument about England having more experience was irrelevant.  These fuckers come out of the womb with experience.

Their ability to pick out the right pass every time and be so clinical when it really counts is scary. :undecided:

It's coached into them and they don't mind (and can) hold the ball when things don't look right. But yeah they have an uncanny eye for seeing when things are on.

Think there's something very, very wrong mentally with the players. I'd say part of it is all the money they earn. It's made them live in their own little bubble where the sun shines out of their arses all the time and think they're untouchable.

...is correct.

It's partly due to being in dominating sides in the PL where the routinely roll over 70-80% of the competition and don't have to work or think really hard in most matches. The other thing is the hell for leather which comprises most of the PL games is terrible preperation for the posession and tempo play of international matches. In international games sides prepare positionally while moving the ball around before they break or go for goal, to most England players all this is still a mystery it seems...

Nail on the head parky... you need pace play & quick thinking forward in international game. England CB is so slow none of them have pace & agility... they just big IMO. England midfield cant spread the passes quickly. Route one lump the ball to strikers seems only choice... no play on deck. And what the hell Rooney doing.. he is a striker.. why always on deep position but not trying to outrun opponent defender. Gerard defo not winger he should behind Rooney & push Rooney as main striker. Milner is not winger cause cant beat a man for shit. Crosses for Defoe (at Slovenia game) is just lucky cross anyway.

Gareth Barry is not a defensive midfielder.

He is.............just a rubbish one.

And remarkably slow.

I was saying to my mate at the start if we could really play against Germany without a proper DM, seeing as our MF has no engine either.

So explain why that is?

English teams perform at European level, there's not many English players actually playing.  Who did the at the time English champions get knocked out by in the Champions League?  Oh yeah, Germans.

Lampard and Gerrard for example had/have the likes of Essien and Alonso carrying them.  Any Liverpool fan will tell you Alonso was Liverpool's most important midfielder.  He leaves and what happens?  Gerrard has a shit season and Liverpool finish 7th.

So explain why that is?

English teams perform at European level, there's not many English players actually playing.  Who did the at the time English champions get knocked out by in the Champions League?  Oh yeah, Germans.

Lampard and Gerrard for example had/have the likes of Essien and Alonso carrying them.  Any Liverpool fan will tell you Alonso was Liverpool's most important midfielder.  He leaves and what happens?  Gerrard has a shit season and Liverpool finish 7th.

I don't think Essien and Alonso exactly 'carrying' Lampard and Gerrard, but they provide something that no English player has had the ability to do, and thus we can't get the best out of our own.

Guest Heneage

ITV telling us 'not to question the players passion, they'll be hurting.'

Hurting is fine, but what about the courage to do something instead of going through the motions, mindlessly attacking, and showing a basic lack of concentration. I saw no spark of anger or passion during any of the goals. Even when Gerrard says 'we weren't good enough.'

I could understand if Germany were exceptional, if they truly bossed them like a Brazil of the 70's lets say. But All 4 of those goals, were avoidable, the first was horrible positioning from both CB's. The 2nd, was much the same, and the last 2 were just total over commitment of bodies for no reason. How do you make both those mistakes twice?

...is correct.

Nail on the head parky... you need pace play & quick thinking forward in international game. England CB is so slow none of them have pace & agility... they just big IMO. England midfield cant spread the passes quickly. Route one lump the ball to strikers seems only choice... no play on deck. And what the hell Rooney doing.. he is a striker.. why always on deep position but not trying to outrun opponent defender. Gerard defo not winger he should behind Rooney & push Rooney as main striker. Milner is not winger cause cant beat a man for shit. Crosses for Defoe (at Slovenia game) is just lucky cross anyway.

Classic England...