World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

A win is achieved by scoring more than the opposition, not out passing them.

Good point. As it happens they scored four times to our one.

Dave I don't think you are being fair to Jayson's arguments though perhaps he is exaggerating it a bit. He is not denying that German scored 4 against one and that's why we lost. His argument which I agree to a certain extent is that attacking wise we were not that far off. German scored two goals on the counter attack when we were pushing up high for the equalizer. Yes breathtaking stuff from the Germans, but saying that we would not have been pushing up that high had the score been 2-2 is a valid point.

Jayson argument is that we were unlucky with some of our attacking moves. Lampard's goal one. The save from Gerrard was top class finger tip save. But that's it for me. The Lampard freekick that hit the bar I think would have been saved by the keeper if it didn't, he looked to have covered it.

I think Jayson is annoyed that so many people are exaggerating on how poor our performance was, saying things like we could not string 2 passes together is clearly rubbish. Unfortunately in trying to counter such exaggeration, Jayson's ends up with some exaggerations himself. The truth is somewhere in between, we deserved to lose with or without Lampard's goal but the scoreline flattered the Germans. We had more ball possession and more shots on target and their keeper probably made more top class saves too but ya we deserved to lose that game

Life lesson: England will always, ALWAYS let you down. Its now time for the next generation to do the same.

They were humiliated in front of the world with probably the most shambolic defensive display in World Cup history. Upson and Barry were directly at fault for the four goals (the way Barry was outpaced for the 4th goal was incredible) and its the end of the line for many England players (and probably Capello, unfortunately). Rooney was again disgraceful, yet you know he'll prove himself with a hat-trick against us in August. They'll all go back to their clubs and be brilliant again, but be absolutly gutless for their country.

I do think the disallowed goal changed the game, but at the end of the day England were beyond woeful and deserved to lose. Things must change, like we always say in vain, but this time they HAVE to. I think this is a watershed moment for English football.

England's lack of width was a big opportunity missed - especially given the way the Germans defended crosses. When we swung two or three in at the end of the first half, they were absolutely all over the place. I think they would have really struggled with Peter Crouch and what I would have given to have Beckham available off the bench after half time.

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone think we would have beat Ghana btw? I do.

Yeah, for some reason I do actually.

England's lack of width was a big opportunity missed - especially given the way the Germans defended crosses. When we swung two or three in at the end of the first half, they were absolutely all over the place. I think they would have really struggled with Peter Crouch and what I would have given to have Beckham available off the bench after half time.

I agree with both tbh.

Germany struggled with Zigic of Serbia, the same would have happend if Crouch would have been on. Beckham was missed in every of those 4 games, I've said that earlier as well.

Reckon Jayson's got a point like. That goal is given and it's a completely different game. They could very well have gone and scored two in the second half anyway, but definitely not like the two they actually did score. We didn't have much luck today, if we did we could have won.

Reckon Jayson's got a point like. That goal is given and it's a completely different game. They could very well have gone and scored two in the second half anyway, but definitely not like the two they actually did score. We didn't have much luck today, if we did we could have won.

Forgetting there was 40 minutes before that goal where we were run ragged and could have conceded 4/5.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol:  Even when you get thrashed, you're still patronizing to others. :thup:

Its 'Patronising', 'Patronizing' is what's called 'American English'

:lol: Even when you get thrashed, you're still patronizing to others. :thup:

Why is it? ???

From what I've seen of Ghana I don't think they're anywhere near as clinical as Germany and believe we would have beaten them. What's wrong with that?

Forgetting there was 40 minutes before that goal where we were run ragged and could have conceded 4/5.

That's why we have a goalkeeper though. Jayson's making a tit of himself as usual going OTT but there's no doubt at 2-2, it's a different game and England don't go mad and send 8 men up for a free kick with 20 minutes left.

That's why we have a goalkeeper though. Jayson's making a tit of himself as usual going OTT but there's no doubt at 2-2, it's a different game and England don't go mad and send 8 men up for a free kick with 20 minutes left.

I agree, the 2-2 would have made it a completely different game. But there's still that inkling inside me that doubts we had the heart to carry it through.

Guest Heneage

Could but didn't. In some respects Jayson is right, 2-2 potentially changes the complexion of the game.

:lol:  Even when you get thrashed, you're still patronizing to others. :thup:

Why is it? ???

From what I've seen of Ghana I don't think they're anywhere near as clinical as Germany and believe we would have beaten them. What's wrong with that?

Because England have been shite all throughout the tournament, mate?  Even against Slovenia they were nothing great.

At least Ghana gave Germany a good game and managed to beat the USA!