World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

I would tell Joe Hart he's the new number one for the campaign and stick with it. The goalkeeping situation didn't help this time, just another fuck up.

The goalkeeping situation has always been a shambles. They make one mistakes and they're dropped and fucked over by the media. Funny how Rooney wasn't dropped after four non-displays (including the worst I have seen in a long time from any England player against Algeria) but Green was after one mistake in his handful of caps.

Happened under Steve McBrolley too, hoyed that bloke with the gap in his teeth in at the deep end and look where that got us.

Gary Cahill, Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott, Joe Hart and Jagielka for a start. Not just for a couple of friendlies either - pick them and stick with them for 10 games or so.

This is what really irks me. "Being given a chance" nowdays seems to be in the form of being given a 2nd half against someone in a friendly. Give the likes of Bent, Walcott, Johnson, and in time Rodwell, Wilshere etc a proper chance to grow into the team. Let's use the Euro 2012 qualifiers to build up a squad; nurture those young'uns and get rid of those who simply don't offer much anymore towards an energetic and cohesive England team.

Couldn't agree more.

Use this failure as a catslyst for getting shot of the dead wood hanging in and around the squad. Get shot of he ones who aren't good enough. Get shot of the ones who are too old. The likes of Heskey, Upson, Warnock, Carrick, Beckham, SWP, Carragher, Barry, Glen Johnson, James, Green should be binned asap.

Gary Cahill, Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott, Joe Hart and Jagielka for a start. Not just for a couple of friendlies either - pick them and stick with them for 10 games or so.

This is what really irks me. "Being given a chance" nowdays seems to be in the form of being given a 2nd half against someone in a friendly. Give the likes of Bent, Walcott, Johnson, and in time Rodwell, Wilshere etc a proper chance to grow into the team. Let's use the Euro 2012 qualifiers to build up a squad; nurture those young'uns and get rid of those who simply don't offer much anymore towards an energetic and cohesive England team.

Couldn't agree more.

Use this failure as a catslyst for getting shot of the dead wood hanging in and around the squad. Get shot of he ones who aren't good enough. Get shot of the ones who are too old. The likes of Heskey, Upson, Warnock, Carrick, Beckham, SWP, Carragher, Barry, Glen Johnson, James, Green should be binned asap.

Bar Carragher and SWP I don't agree - you can't decide to get rid of a dozen players just like that. However, I agree that pretty much all of them, maybe with the exception of Carrick, need phasing out by the time the Euros come along.

So much for your fucking confidence you fucking idiots.  I had  to sit and put through that with a bunch of Scots.  Easy when you're all down there with your over-inflated confidence eh?  Honestly raging.  Scots took it all in good spirit, that is, we were crap again. 

See you all with your lack of humility, I genuinely hope you learn.  We got our arse and deservedly so.  I also got my head kicked in, stole my phone, and booted me in the fucking chops.  Hope you fucking learn, cause it's real people like me on the front line cause of your unjust arrogance.  Fucking English eh? 

LET DOWN AS PREDICTED.

That's nothing I had Germans patting me on the back after every goal.

I had that too. By the fourth goal I was ready to lamp one of them, which would have been a bit of a faux pas given that he'd generously supplied the beamer we were all watching it on. I also had to get home among all the jubliant, horn-tooting traffic leaving the "fan mile" in the Tiergarten, where a reported half a million people watched the game.

Guest Heneage

For the first qualifier.

Hart

Richards  Ferdinand      Cahill        Cole

Rodwell      Carrick

Lennon              Gerrard          Johnson

Rooney/Bent

People like Wilshire, Cattermole etc need to be brought in now, get them playing together as a unit and use the next four years for them to become comfortable with each other.

For the Euro's try something like:

--------------------------Hart---------------------------

Johnson------Ferdinand------Shawcross-----Cole

-------------Rodwell------------Lampard-------------

Walcott--------------Gerrard--------------Johnson

-----------------------Rooney-------------------------

Couldn't agree more.

Bar Carragher and SWP I don't agree - you can't decide to get rid of a dozen players just like that. However, I agree that pretty much all of them, maybe with the exception of Carrick, need phasing out by the time the Euros come along.

I'd bin the lot of them. They're not up to it. Choose an entirely new squad and stick with them and mould them together as a unit. No time like the present to start building for the next World Cup and none of that lot should be near the squad in 2014.

Iron fist is needed Pilko, not the velvet glove.

Couldn't agree more.

I'd bin the lot of them. They're not up to it. Choose an entirely new squad and stick with them and mould them together as a unit. No time like the present to start building for the next World Cup and none of that lot should be near the squad in 2014.

Yet you just know it'll be the Velvet Glove of Moderate Dissatisfaction (But Not Really Angry Or Anything) that'll be used. Just thinking, who would actually be prepared to make the changes? Redknapp I guess?

Quite alarmed that people a) want and b) think that the likes of Rodwell and Shawcross will just suddenly be given a start in a game that actually matters, from nowhere.

Sums up the extent to which we need to change things, really.

Couldn't agree more.

Don't think the players being talked about as the players we'll have as regulars in 2014 onwards would be able to cope with suddenly being first choice for England as soon as the Euro qualifiers.

What you call 'velvet glove' or what I call 'phasing out the past it ones' is a policy that I'd implement not to let the current lot down gently, but to protect the next lot. A bad performance or result in the first Euro qualifier because we're playing 8 players with no or a few caps could have detrimental effects for that entire campaign.

Quite alarmed that people a) want and b) think that the likes of Rodwell and Shawcross will just suddenly be given a start in a game that actually matters, from nowhere.

We need to start somewhere. We can't keep playing the same old shit for years on end, although I don't see anyone having the bottle to drop the likes of Terry.

Here is the LOWdown

"We knew that the midfielders - Gerrard and Lampard - always support the forwards and that their midfield would be open.

"We knew there would be spaces. Our objective was to set Terry up with Klose to force him to come out of the defence.

"We knew the full-backs would be very much to the side, and that would create space that we could penetrate.

"We knew they might become impatient and lose their discipline. We did that successfully.

"We could have been 3-0 up in the first half because we did penetrate them."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/worldcup2010/3031909/Joachim-Low-lays-into-England-flops.html#ixzz0s6B0a8A2

YOu see how simple, clear and clean the german thinking is.

Hopefully these players will get ripped to shreds at opposition grounds around the country next season.

We'll just have Barton go in two footed and take out every single one of them.

Guest Heneage

Cattermole and Rodwell are both talents. While Cattermole is knowing for being a clattering dirty little twat, watching him for the U21's I noticed he actually can pass a ball, and has good technique. Rodwell is the same, a fantastic athlete who has a calmness on the ball like Schweinsteiger. Too many of the players in the current squad have had chance after chance to impress and haven't. The system and the squad needs overhauling.

Its annoying because I'd want to remove Lampard, G Johnson, Upson, Heskey etc. but nobody is good enough to step in for some of them. So they play a few games until somebody magically comes along - they never do - and all of a sudden its the same squad for Euro 2012. We're in trouble, man.

Make no mistake. The result today was not a question of skill or tactics. The difference between England and Germany was psychological. Nobody expected England to win. That was the problem. That's why our second goal didn't stand... the linesman didn't believe we could do it. That's why we didn't score in the second half, and why were second t every ball, and why we crumbled after conceding... the players didn't believe they could do it. We don't need a tactician like Capello or Sven. We need a talisman. Where is our Maradona? Where is our Klinsmann? Where is our Dunga? These players don't just need discipline, they need belief. They need to go into every game thinking, "we're going to do this." The team needs to be lead by Shearer, or Venables, or Mr. David Beckham. We need someone that will install some belief into the side. I know, the English national pastime is cynicism. I enjoy it as much as anyone. But until we cast it off along with the ghosts of '66, and the red-top sensationalism, we're never going to get that second World cup that we all deserve.

Going 442 without a DM against Germany is suicide.

We had a DM, but he was about as mobile as Phil Mitchell after twenty pints.

:laugh:

Don't really count Barry as a DM, more an allround midfielder. His positonal sense is pitiful and he doesn;t really have the tools to break up play.

Make no mistake. The result today was not a question of skill or tactics. The difference between England and Germany was psychological. Nobody expected England to win. That was the problem. That's why our second goal didn't stand... the linesman didn't believe we could do it. That's why we didn't score in the second half, and why were second t every ball, and why we crumbled after conceding... the players didn't believe they could do it. We don't need a tactician like Capello or Sven. We need a talisman. Where is our Maradona? Where is our Klinsmann? Where is our Dunga? These players don't just need discipline, they need belief. They need to go into every game thinking, "we're going to do this." The team needs to be lead by Shearer, or Venables, or Mr. David Beckham. We need someone that will install some belief into the side. I know, the English national pastime is cynicism. I enjoy it as much as anyone. But until we cast it off along with the ghosts of '66, and the red-top sensationalism, we're never going to get that second World cup that we all deserve.

Good post. I said elsewhere how the Germans I talk to here had absolutely no fear of us.