Capello stays on

Doctor Zaius
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many managers do we need to sack before we realise its the players that are letting us down? I dont agree with everything Capello has done, but his record speaks for itself. lampard, gerrard, rooney, terry, ashley cole et al are nothing but a bunch of overpaid overhyped borderline rapists and ive been saying that for years. Sven, Capello and McLaren have all been top notch at club level yet England still don't get the results- when are people going to accept that if these players were half as good as they think they are, they'd be able to play as a team and score a bloody goal against algeria? Bleeding Chile and Ghana can play with a bit of heart, these overpaid tosspots should be able to as well

This 'players aren't good enough' argument is utter bollocks, some of them play for the best teams in Europe - of course they're good.

They've underperformed and are playing with no heart or spirit or pride - it's not a question of ability, it's motivation.

Heart, spirit and pride are all a part of being a footballer, ability is no good without the others.

This 'players aren't good enough' argument is utter bollocks, some of them play for the best teams in Europe - of course they're good.

They've underperformed and are playing with no heart or spirit or pride - it's not a question of ability, it's motivation.

Now I think that's bollocks.

Not one player should need to be motivated by the England boss to play in a World Cup. That's horseshit imo. 

I didn't say that they lacked motivation from the manager.

Not one SHOULD be but they clearly do lack motivation. I don't necessarily think that's down to the manager, but they've played like they don't care, that they couldn't give two f***s what happened, and we've paid the price as a result - they're clearly good enough to go far in the World Cup, otherwise they wouldn't be Premier League and Champions League winners.

Fair enough, so why should Capello lose his job because his players don't care about playing for their country?

I didn't say he should be sacked :lol: I was just responding to those that were putting the blame entirely on the players not being good enough.

How many managers do we need to sack before we realise its the players that are letting us down? I dont agree with everything Capello has done, but his record speaks for itself. lampard, gerrard, rooney, terry, ashley cole et al are nothing but a bunch of overpaid overhyped borderline rapists and ive been saying that for years. Sven, Capello and McLaren have all been top notch at club level yet England still don't get the results- when are people going to accept that if these players were half as good as they think they are, they'd be able to play as a team and score a bloody goal against algeria? Bleeding Chile and Ghana can play with a bit of heart, these overpaid tosspots should be able to as well

:lol:

You have a point, like. So many other countries really do look like they're giving their absolute all for their country. Do we?

Heart, spirit and pride are all a part of being a footballer, ability is no good without the others.

I know!!!! Christ. :lol:

I think the players are all too aware that there's fuck all actual consequence to them doing shit in major tournaments. What does it matter to them? - they have their big cars, piles of money, giant mansions and generously titted women to go back to. Plus, there's always next time. Because they know they'll not be dropped.

The 'England camp' as the BBC dub it is exactly that - a fucking jolly.

I hope we keep Capello and he hand's P45s to the lot of them.

I was saying that during the match. Every person on that pitch today should be dropped from the squad and forced to earn their way back into it.

Not one SHOULD be but they clearly do lack motivation. I don't necessarily think that's down to the manager, but they've played like they don't care, that they couldn't give two f***s what happened, and we've paid the price as a result - they're clearly good enough to go far in the World Cup, otherwise they wouldn't be Premier League and Champions League winners.

Results say the opposite.

The players aren't good enough, and even those more successful ones are in teams with even better foreign players.

In fact, if I was manager, I'd tell Lampard, Terry and Gerrard that they aren't getting back into the England team until they prove that they can perform for another club.

:lol: :lol:

Come on man, don't be an idiot.

Not one player should need to be motivated by the England boss to play in a World Cup. That's horseshit imo. 

Not one SHOULD be but they clearly do lack motivation. I don't necessarily think that's down to the manager, but they've played like they don't care, that they couldn't give two fucks what happened, and we've paid the price as a result - they're clearly good enough to go far in the World Cup, otherwise they wouldn't be Premier League and Champions League winners.

Premier League and Champions League winners playing with Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Essien, Cech, Carvalho, Ballack, van der Sar, Anderson, Nani, Cristiano Ronaldo, Vidic, Giggs,  Torres, van Persie etc.

No point IMO. The alternatives are either no better or similarly unproven.

Several important questions need to be asked in the inquest regarding this tournament though (some I've listed elsewhere) and he certainly needs to more flexible and/or bold regarding formation and team selection. Build a team that works on the pitch rather than on paper. Other nations seem to manage it.

....and when you're playing Germany play a proper DM.

Results say the opposite.

Because of the fact they're overhyped, spineless cunts. Strip it down to footballing ability alone and they're good enough to at least reach the Quarters.

Premier League and Champions League winners playing with Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Essien, Cech, Carvalho, Ballack, van der Sar, Anderson, Nani, Cristiano Ronaldo, Vidic, Giggs,  Torres, van Persie etc.

Lampard, Gerrard, Terry and Rooney are hardly fucking passengers at their clubs though are they.

Fair enough, so why should Capello lose his job because his players don't care about playing for their country?

I didn't say he should be sacked :lol: I was just responding to those that were putting the blame entirely on the players not being good enough.

Not giving a shit isn't too far fom not being good enough/up to the job.

The problem (which we agree on) is the players not performing as they can/should. I blame the players directly for that but you think they're good enough - which is fair enough. I hope Capello keeps his job and rips that squad apart and calls up 15 young hungry players into his next squad and sticks by them. :thup:

Not giving a s*** isn't too far fom not being good enough/up to the job.

The problem (which we agree on) is the players not performing as they can/should. I blame the players directly for that but you think they're good enough - which is fair enough. I hope Capello keeps his job and rips that squad apart and calls up 15 young hungry players into his next squad and sticks by them. :thup:

Good enough footballing wise. In terms of attitude, they'll never get anywhere.

Because of the fact they're overhyped, spineless c***s. Strip it down to footballing ability alone and they're good enough to at least reach the Quarters.

I know you know this but I'll say it again, ability alone is no good so it's pointless mentioning it without having the other attributes which they clearly (based on this WC) don't have.

Lampard is about as good as Owen only less injured, Terry is incredibly thick and hopeless without Carvalho or Ferdinand, Gerrard was out of position, and Rooney didn't get enough service because his team mates weren't good enough.

Not giving a s*** isn't too far fom not being good enough/up to the job.

Good enough footballing wise. In terms of attitude, they'll never get anywhere.

If that's the case then they shouldn't be there then. A good footballer has got the ability AND the attitude imo.

I hope we keep Capello and he hands P45s to the lot of them.

Me too.

Some of those players have never done it for England with any consistency - Lampard, for example. All i associate him with in an England shirt is endless pointless fucking shots ballooning over the bar from 30 yards.

Gerrard is another. Not as bad as Lampard, but even so, he's been at best mediocre for England. Then there's John Terry, who as well as being not as good as he thinks he is, has the added bonus of being a moral reptile.

Throw in some of the extras who get predictably chucked on (SWP) and faces who shouldn't even be on the same continent as the national side, let alone in it, (Heskey, Upson), and it is all depressing.

Get rid of the fucking lot, start again. That was Capello's biggest mistake, he said he wouldnt pick players who weren't on form, and he wouldn't pick players who were injured, then he went and did precisely that, and picked another player who doesnt even get a game at club level (Heskey).

Me too.

Some of those players have never done it for England with any consistency - Lampard, for example. All i associate him with in an England shirt is endless pointless fucking shots ballooning over the bar from 30 yards.

Gerrard is another. Not as bad as Lampard, but even so, he's been at best mediocre for England. Then there's John Terry, who as well as being not as good as he thinks he is, has the added bonus of being a moral reptile.

Throw in some of the extras who get predictably chucked on (SWP) and faces who shouldn't even be on the same continent as the national side, let alone in it, (Heskey, Upson), and it is all depressing.

Get rid of the fucking lot, start again. That was Capello's biggest mistake, he said he wouldnt pick players who weren't on form, and he wouldn't pick players who were injured, then he went and did precisely that, and picked another player who doesnt even get a game at club level (Heskey).

Spot on.

Me too.

Some of those players have never done it for England with any consistency - Lampard, for example. All i associate him with in an England shirt is endless pointless f***ing shots ballooning over the bar from 30 yards.

Get rid of the f***ing lot, start again. That was Capello's biggest mistake, he said he wouldnt pick players who weren't on form, and he wouldn't pick players who were injured, then he went and did precisely that, and picked another player who doesnt even get a game at club level (Heskey).

:thup:

The Heskey substitution today was actually laughable.

Me too.

Yup.