The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Daily Mail say Owen Coyle is lined up. Hope not, don't want his career to stale, seems a promising manager. If Liverpool fans can't accept Roy, they'll never accept Coyle.

Coyle plays attacking football.  Woy sets his teams out not to lose.

Huge difference.

TBF to Liverpool fans, they were accepted Hodgson at the start of the season, thinking he was going to turn the club around.  Unfortunately for them, it hasn't turned out that way.

He still here? Bet his press conference is a barrel of laughs.

Probably 35 minutes of him crying into the microphone whilst the press congregate for a chorus of 'You'll never get a job'

thisisanfield This Is Anfield

Liverpool press conference at 1pm has been cancelled. LFC will put Hodgson's pre-match thoughts on official site.

:lol: ooo somebody's too scared to talk to the media!

thisisanfield This Is Anfield

Liverpool press conference at 1pm has been cancelled. LFC will put Hodgson's pre-match thoughts on official site.

:lol: ooo somebody's too scared to talk to the media!

he's busy negotiating the 8million transfer of wayne routledge.

TBF to Liverpool fans, they were accepted Hodgson at the start of the season, thinking he was going to turn the club around.  Unfortunately for them, it hasn't turned out that way.

That's certainly not the case as far as I could see. The Liverpool fans that I know, and all that I was reading on the internet, suggests that they saw the appointment of Hodgson in much the same way we saw the appointment of Souness.

The Liverpool fans wanted a top quality proven manager to replace Benitez and they didn't see Hodgson as being that at all. He's faced fan indifference at best from the word go.

You just cannot back Liverpool away from home at the moment. In nearly all their games on the road this season they have just not been at the races and they do not seem to have any confidence at all. They looked a bit better going forward against Blackburn on Wednesday but their defence let them down badly.

Rumours about Roy Hodgson's imminent departure as Liverpool boss will rumble on too. If you look at his time at Fulham, nobody could dispute what a great job he did, and how he made almost every single player better.

But when I look at his time at Liverpool, Hodgson has just not done it. When he was appointed, I thought he was the right man at the right time, especially as there was that turmoil in the boardroom when he arrived at Anfield with the club still up for sale under previous owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Hodgson seemed the sensible choice but he has turned out to be the wrong man, at the wrong time. It is not all his fault because he was left with some duds but, with the odd exception, this is probably the poorest Liverpool team I have ever seen.

:iamatwat:

You just cannot back Liverpool away from home at the moment. In nearly all their games on the road this season they have just not been at the races and they do not seem to have any confidence at all

Is that why you backed them to win 2-1 at Blackburn in midweek and indeed have tipped them to get at least a point in 10 out of their 11 Premier League games away from Anfield this season?

The Liverpool fans wanted a top quality proven manager to replace Benitez and they didn't see Hodgson as being that at all. He's faced fan indifference at best from the word go.

That's rubbish.

I work in Liverpool and Hodgson was what a lot of people wanted.  Like Lawro, they thought he was a good choice at the time, especially after the Europa League success he had at Fulham.  They were willing to give him time.

Hodgson sets out his team not to lose.  They don't create many chances and it's not pretty to watch at all.

And even if they did 'accept' him at the start of the season, Christmas is hardly giving him enough time :lol:

It's a bit like Allardyce coming here.  We thought it was alright appointment at the time and after winning our opening game 3-1 at Bolton, we though 'great'.  But after 6 months of watching the long ball game, we were sick of watching rubbish football and crap results.  Same with Liverpool fans and Hodgson.

To be fair, this is the website where they write love poems and hymns about Rafa Benitez.

Sing along if you know the words  :pow:

Our Father Rafa,

hallowed be your name,

your kingdom come,

your will be done

on Anfield as it is in heaven.

Give us today our daily bread,

and forgive us the wrong we have done

as we forgive those who wrong us.

Subject us not to the trial

but deliver us from the evil one.

We aimed for the ceiling,

Rafa took us to the sky,

We aimed for the moon,

Rafa took us to the sun,

And our light was shining bright.

Every time I see it I cry.

I want to go to the homes of every man, woman, and child who doubted him.

Show them that.

Show them some facts about G&H and Purslow.

Then stick a tape of any Liverpool game under the current boss.

And ask them if they still feel the same way.

:kinnear:

Rafa Benitez - a humble, loyal, warm, intelligent man. Sacked. Driven out of his home - by a pack of absolute window licking rabid mongoloids. Think about that. It hurts to think about, but do it anyway. It's the truth.

96 supporters - loyal, passionate, innocent, Scouse, young, old. They're dead. Died for no good reason. No purpose. No fault of theirs or ours. Dead all the same. Think about that. It hurts to think about, but do it anyway. It's the truth.

MEANWHILE

Roy Hodgson - a flid, a disgusting human being, an imbecile, a cancer, a travesty to this club. He's Liverpool manager. Think about that. It hurts to think about, but do it anyway. It's the truth. He has effectively come in to Rafa's house - he's spat on Montse and slapped the children - yet he's LIVERPOOL MANAGER. Think about that. It hurts to think about, but do it anyway. It's the truth.

It has come to the point where I couldn't supress a smile if I turned on Sky Sports News and the headline was 'Roy Hodgson - dead'. Think about that. It hurts to think about, but do it anyway. It's the truth.

:dowie:

That's rubbish.

I work in Liverpool and Hodgson was what a lot of people wanted.  Like Lawro, they thought he was a good choice at the time, especially after the Europa League success he had at Fulham.  They were willing to give him time.

So what happened? Start of October after 7 whole league games:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=264227.msg7500158#msg7500158

I have no problem with the way Roy is managing the team    14 (0.6%)

Give him until the end of the season to prove his worth    251 (11.2%)

Give him until Christmas - Let's see what he can do    611 (27.3%)

The derby is his last chance to turn it around    513 (22.9%)

Out now. We've seen enough    851 (38%)

It seems for 60% of them the famous "Liverpool way" of having patience with a manager gives you 8 games, and for nearly 90% only up to half a season.

Hodgson sets out his team not to lose.  They don't create many chances and it's not pretty to watch at all.

And even if they did 'accept' him at the start of the season, Christmas is hardly giving him enough time :lol:

It's a bit like Allardyce coming here.  We thought it was alright appointment at the time and after winning our opening game 3-1 at Bolton, we though 'great'.  But after 6 months of watching the long ball game, we were sick of watching rubbish football and crap results.  Same with Liverpool fans and Hodgson.

There was a lot of complaining about how we were playing, but nowhere near the hysteria going on at Liverpool. Our equivalent thread at Christmas:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,48146.0.html

stick with - 343 (50.7%)

get rid - 333 (49.3%)

We are notoriously fickle, deluded about the quality of the team, and think we have a divine right to be challenging for the league though.

That has to be a WUM. Either that or an absolute retard of the highest order.

Last post of his was:

Message from RAWK for anyone reading the posts on this profile. This user has almost certainly had his account compromised by a third party. Offensive posts currently circulating on the internet were removed swiftly from the site by the RAWK moderators. Further information can be found here.

Must have been those Chelsea fans.

Wouldn't be out of place amongst the RAWK mentalists, there's a thread on there comparing Benitez to Julius Caesar.